1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks Das Dubber at Das Resto Haus

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Deluxe, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Deluxe

Deluxe Active Member

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Al at Das Resto Haus up there in Burleigh Heads.
    I left my van with him a couple of months ago for some minor work while the engine was being rebuilt (minor compared to the stunning resto's he does anyway).
    Within the first week Al and team had completed most of the work - the quality of which looks absolutely outstanding…

From there he arranged to put my bus in secure storage and generally ran around doing stuff for the van that was beyond the call off duty. He even sent me pictures to show me that it was still ok tucked away in storage…

Al kindly let Damo head down on Friday to use his workshop to put the engine back in and test it for a couple of days. (I will be singing Damo's praises in another thread)

From the word go Al was friendly, patient, brilliant at communicating, always there to answer the dumb questions on email and phone and generally a superstar. Invoicing was extremely honest and I always knew where I stood in terms of costs.

Doing these little jobs must be a bit of a pain in the neck but at no point was Al ever patronising and I was never made to feel that the work on my van was any less important than a full bare metal resto.

I would highly recommend using Al's ability to manage projects and having now seen some of the resto's that he has done I can honestly say that I have not seen better anywhere...awesome workmanship

Thanks again Al

2. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

It makes a nice change when you get a post like this, it shows there are decent resto places out there.
    Just a shame they are few and far between.

I have never ever seen or heard anyone complain about Als work.
    That must be the best compliment you can get.

Dave

3. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

I've heard a few people whinging that they should have gone to Al!

I miss seeing the resto threads, though (but I undestand the reasons why we don't see them...). They really were works of art.

Maybe Shurms has a few snaps of what went down at DRH?

4. Deluxe

Deluxe Active Member

unfortunately I didn't take pics of the restos :eek:

Most of the stuff that I saw is in this thread http://forums.kombiclub.com/showthread.php?t=23347 but I'll post some more of the work on mine my Resto thread

5. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Good post Shurms :) Al's always got a smile on his face at VW events up here and happy to chat and answer questions

6. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

Come on, post some pics

Dave

7. Two Yanks

Two Yanks New Member

I was lucky enough to have Al do the final prep, paint, and color sand on YD. I still haven't seen the Kombi but the word from everyone that has seen it that he looks great. As with Shrums there was never any question on the billings or the hours spent. When he was't happy with something he had done he would tell me and show me pictures and the correction he did at no cost. What a great company to deal with. You guys are lucky to have a craftsman like that in your country to work with. Now if we could just clone him!

8. Das_Dubber

Das_Dubber Member

Thanks Dave and Darrell and everyone else for the kind words. It was a pleasure helping both of you guys out, and you both know (along with our other customers) we are not the cheapest place out there but everything we do is transparent and documented so that each hour (and therefore $) is accounted for. Quality work does take a lot of time (lots and lots and lots of time).

I haven't had a chance to upload photos of Dave's bus yet, but for anyone interested in our other resto's all the photos are here:
    http://dasrestohaus.com.au/gallery2/main.php

Proper website will be up when funds and time permits! Mods, its not my intention to push my business so if you prefer to delete the above link then its okay with me.

Cheers
    Al

9. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

See no issue Al with what you have done.

I'm happy for it to stay as those who want to read this thread and check out your business may give them inspiration :) You're not pushing it in members face(s).

There is another thread which recommends and praises business whom members have dealt with and happy to recommend to others which also has links.

10. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

Always happy to promote good work

Dave

11. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

I'm glad Bert and Dave are happy for this to stay up here. :)

All too often we hear about things that go bad, but it's such a delight to hear nothing but compliments about the workmanship and transparency of your work Al, so you should lap it up.

Plus, it was Dave's kind words that started this thread, and they are very well deserved, so stop being so modest young man!! :lol:

i still dream of the day when I can just drop Lola outside your factory with a sign on the window saying "keep her for as long as you need to, and just make it happen!!". One day. A girl's gotta have a dream. :D

12. blakereb

blakereb Member

Mate, if you still need a website I can make an awesome one up really cheap for you.... or maybe just a disc'y on some paint/body work for my 72' hahaha. Don't go paying what is generally charged around the place.

Actually, happy to look after any Forum members with websites, logos or whatever design stuff they need done.

13. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Generous offer blakereb, good onya mate !
    Kombi karma heading your way..... :cool:

14. Melb.VDubber

Melb.VDubber Member

Great post and great work, it's such a refreshing change to read these types of posts.

Good Kombi Karma to you all!

15. jennifer lane

jennifer lane Member

Hi blakereb, My stretch kombi is in Beyond customs in Perth having $45,000 of custom work done 2 her.Getting her ready 2 do Winery tours ,wedding etc, on the Margaret River in WA,So going 2 need help setting up website.Will contact at a later date ,Cheers Jeni.

16. blakereb

blakereb Member

Hi Jennifer,

No probs at all. Keep me posted.

Feel free to email me on blake_reb@hotmail.com

Can't wait to see your stretch!!! Do you have a thread for it?

17. blakereb

blakereb Member