Thanks for coming folks.

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2013' started by douggieboy, Apr 1, 2013.

1. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

Many people have thanked me personally over the last few days and I appreciate it very much.
    I want to make sure that many others are thanked also.

Firstly, to the Gold Coast Bus Stop Management Team, which includes Paul & Lynn, Lorraine & Andy and Dale & myself. To Judy for the loan of her Bus Movie and being our media magnet. To Alan and John for coordinating and running the Toy Kombi races again this year - loads of fun.
    To Michelle for being Official Photographer.

Secondly to the Forum Management Team, which includes Roy (our sponsor), Melissa (Administrator) and all the Moderators whose work ensures that we are able to run this Club.

Thirdly to all the people who travelled from near and far to be here for this weekend and locals who dropped in to see what all the fuss was about.

Fourthly, thanks to a certain Burleigh Heads business, various sore heads and broken vehicles that reduced the Kombi Cruise to a manageable size on Sunday. With larger numbers we probably would not have returned until it was well and truly dark.

Fifthly, thanks to the Gold Coast Holiday Park who worked very hard to make our stay enjoyable. It is not possible to complain about the venue and facilities, that’s for sure.

Lastly, thank you to all the sponsors and those who came along to Run to the Sun in 2011. Funds generated there bought a function room, pizzas, bus hire, trophies, prizes and a fabulous band (even if they are my friends).

If I forgot anyone please accept my apologies.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  2. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Hey Doug congrats to all you guys who made the bus stop a sucsess as usuall this year. But you forgot to thank the ones who wanted to come but couldnt make it.:)

3. Tin Bits

Tin Bits Member

image.jpg
    Here is one from photo shoot

4. Tin Bits

Tin Bits Member

Ok now I know that works.
    We had a great time catching up with friends from past events and also meeting a lot of new kombi nuts. Thanks to every body that put this event on and thanks for the fun and lasting memories.
    Here are a few more pics and more to come later. image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg

5. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

6. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Ditto Dougs post.
    thanks to all involved in organising. I was concerned initialy that a more bush venue might be better but It is a great park and the owners/managers and staff certainly were a pleasant bunch and helpful with a smile. Gets my tick of approval.

Apologies to those who i wanted to catch up with and didnt say goodbye to in the rush to make the airport on monday.

Great to reaquaint and aquaint with new folks and of course finaly meet a few who i have spoken or corresponded with over a year or so but till now had not met.
    Never dissapointed.
    cheers guys and safe travels

col

7. edwardseddie

edwardseddie New Member

Hi guys,
    sorry I wasn't more involved in all activities.
    Had a great time at my first Kombi event.
    Looking forward to many more.
    Thanks for making me feel welcome.

2th Doc

8. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

To all concerned Doug & Dale, Cornish & Lynn, Andy & Lorraine, Melissa, Roy & Anita on
    putting this together for us....words can't say thank you enough...
    I for one do know what went in to putting this on for everyone & personally want to thank each & everyone of ou for what part you played....

I can take the heat about being the "Media Magnet"... It's all about shining a beautiful light on the The Kombi Club & making people aware what a great club it really is....the power of the press is great promotion for us.
    And after today's newspapers I think everyone in the whole of Qld knows we are around...hehehe :)

The Holiday Park were wonderful & couldn't be more accommodating ...one of the best parks I've ever stayed in...
    Again thank you to all who made the effort to come, it was soooo great to see you all there, my ribs are still hurting from laughing so much....
    To those still travelling home...safe travels...
    See you next year :)

By the way I will be posting up slowly over the next few days all the pics I took...& there were many!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  9. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

And thanks to John for the very kool busstop stickers :cool:

10. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

We have just got home - on the back of a tow truck - but hey, what's a Bus Stop without the odd breakdown?

My heartfelt thanks go out to the organising team for pulling it all together. It was so nice to have the pressure taken off for a change, and actually sit back and enjoy the whole weekend from a different angle. Most of you would know next year's Bus Stop will be in Griffith - Peter has put his hand up and has the organisation all planned out.

I love catching up with all of the Bus Stoppers - I apologise if I did not meet everyone. There is just not enough time - I can see why someone asked for next time to be a week long.

11. edwardseddie

edwardseddie New Member

Oh yes, as an aside,
    is there any chance of purchasing a bus stop sticker?
    I would like to start my own collection of them over the coming years.
    cheers,
    2th Doc

12. Alice in Kombiland

Alice in Kombiland Well-Known Member

I can't believe it's been seven years of bus stops. I didn't realise it had been that long of making sure I get to hang out with amazing people with great tastes in cars and company. I feel honoured that I can now call you all my friends. See you all next year in Griffith. xxoo

13. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

Knowing how much planning goes into these, I would also like to thank everyone form the organising committee to the folks who turned out.
    An excellent venue,, no doubt they will see us again
    Thanks for the award, although I don't know what it was for, but I will accept it on behalf of everyone involved, past and present
    Though I didn't stay on site, It was great to see some new faces and some from the very first 'Bus Stop'. So untill the next time safe travels
    Roy & Anita

14. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Stickers are available from John - they were $4 each. He can be contacted through Alpal on here, so send Al a message :)

15. paul77

paul77 Well-Known Member

My sincerest thanks to the organisers also, fantastic event. Imagine having kombi races and a gala evening organised just for my birthday;) Already thinking about griffith next year.

16. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Spoilt princess :p
    s'pose you expect it again next year

17. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

He's just happy cause he won one!

18. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

only because it was his birthday:)

19. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Great work done by the committee and thoroughly enjoyed the 6 hours I was there and meeting new people

20. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Anxiously awaiting info on Griffith so I can book, the Boss lady has given the Ok.:p