Thanks for coming folks.

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2013' started by douggieboy, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Tangles

Tangles Well-Known Member

Thanks to all who put the effort in to make this weekend one that rocks.

The parts that can be remembered were fantastic, the other parts were even better. :)

2. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

OOPs I did forget Michelle - our official photographer. The original post is now amended.
    Can't wait to see your classy photos.

3. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

It's a bit hard being at home today after such a wonderful weekend. A massive thanks to Doug and Dale and Paul and Lyn who did the lions share of the planning etc.

It was nice to have the funds from RTTS to help make it such a wonderful event. I LOVED the band....so NIMBIN :) I felt very much at home and the dance floor was full, good choice Doug.

The arrival of the 'sh*tbox' kombi made me smile and by the end of the weekend even I started to believe it may just make it to W.A. The enthusiasm of the team was magic and I smiled every time I heard Jon say it's 'awesome' in his funny accent.:lol:

It has been a while since I laughed so much, I have missed my KC friends, thank you for being there and I hope to catch you all again at Griffith in 2014 if not before.:heart:

4. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Now thats pressure, I am sure there are lots of great photos and without your help this afternoon sorting out the new photobucket I wouldn't be posting any.

I also would like to thank everyone for all their hard work in making this weekend possible. Full marks to the caravan park and the staff, plus the added bonus that our fury kids were very welcome.

Who won the questionnaire that was handed out on our Sunday drive through the hinterland?

It was great to catch up with many faces that we havant seen for a long time. Well done everyone:D

5. davidmcmahon

davidmcmahon New Member

Doug , as a "First Timer" ! let me thank you and all on the organising committee who made the "Bus Stop " 2013 such an enjoyable weekend for all of us who love the Kombi Owner Experience......having other "kombi enthusiasts" together at the one event made it the weekend it was ! I hope it will continue for years to come....I know Peter will do a great job next year in Griffith 2014.. I am really looking foward to it ....Thanks again....David McMahon @ Old Bar.

6. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

I intend to write a Photobucket "How to" next week.

The winner of the travel quiz was Marlyn - Mark & Lynda
    The highest number of words generated from "The Bearded Dragon" was 107. This award to Alec and his girls.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  7. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

We are still here at the moment and still having a good time ,a big thank you to the organising committee great job see you all at Griffith :cool:

8. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Good to see you are having a great time guys. Yes we will see you at Griffith.

9. Joy Kombi Wolfsburg

Joy Kombi Wolfsburg Active Member

As a first timer, I'd just like to say thanks to ALL involved in organising this great weekend. I am now giving my remote control skills a work out, my bus a service and my liver a break..... Cheers xxoo

10. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Brian

I hear you are putting on the beers when we return from Perth after the Griffith bus stop next year :)

11. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

COL, i will put a KEG on when we get to Perth.

12. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Page saved.
    I will engage the services of JD of A if you reneg. :lol: party at Bwians. 2014.

13. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Col we have a son and family in perth as well as a daughter. we will have a great time after Griffith. CANT WAIT TILL THE NEXT BUS STOP IS POSTED, so we can book.

14. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

A couple of people asked me what the highlight was and although there were many, one of the main things I loved was meeting a couple of particular members that I had not met but communicated with online regularly.
    Also the two lovely guys who I shared the site with. Amongst other things they are both great fun and easy to hang out with. - Liss

Unfortunately I left earlier than intended because one of the older(age) kc members who I've never met nor had a conversation with and still haven't was very rude towards me and it left a bit of a sour taste.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2013
  15. Steve_D

Steve_D New Member

Just climbed out of the saddle after the long drive back from my first bus stop. Congrats to all the organisers on there efforts. A great weekend, and what a wild collection of characters!!

16. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Well, what an awesome weekend that turned out to be. Not that I was expecting anything less from our annual Easter get-together however...

Firstly, thanks you so much to the organising team that made this year's Bus Stop event at the Gold Coast the success it was. To Doug & Dale, Paul & Lynn and Lorraine & Andy - this wouldn't have happened without your wonderful efforts, so thanks to you guys. :)

The venue was great, the weather equally so (except for a slightly wet Sunday night... but you can't help that), and the company was nothing short of fantastic. The last Bus Stop event I attended was Bonny Hills back in 2009, so it had been a while between drinks with a lot of my Kombi friends. I can safely say that I've well and truly made up for that lost time! ;)

So to everyone that I hadn't seen in a few years, it was awesome to catch up again. To those I have only met this time 'round, here's to the next event so we can do it all again. Bring on Griffith in 2014! :cool:

17. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

think most of them came from melb :lol:

cheers guys. glad you made it safe.

catch up sometime
    col

18. Tin Bits

Tin Bits Member

Glad you got home ok, good to meet you both.
    Cheers Ian

19. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Nice Avatar Change Steve.

20. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Like to add my thanks to the organising krew. Top job and a great Bus Stop.