1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks Kommodius

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Mafti, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Mafti

Mafti New Member

I was doing the rounds of the wreckers today looking for some new seats for the double cab, when I see a puff of smoke rise from the dash. My first thought was great, I get to use the fire extinguisher I installed the week prior.So I lost all power and the motor stops. No ignition lights, no nothing. I had a look at the fuses, all ok. So I rang the RAA, only for them to tell me that my membership expired 3 days ago. After paying my membership over the phone they sent out a mechanic. He pokes around and tells me the ignition switch was no good. I started thinking of what to do.
    This is were Ray comes into it. I vaguely remembered at the Wallaroo trip just recently, Ray mentioned something about an ignition switch. So I rang him to pick his brains. Within 10 minutes Ray is on the curbside with the mechanic and I (with beers in the esky) After the mechanic hotwires the ignition we drive back to Rays house then with some improvising with a grinder and a late bay switch that we modified we had me back on the road within a couple of hours.
    I was stoked, and still are. Thanks Ray

2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Well done Ray :) way to go, KC members are the best!

3. kommodius

kommodius Active Member

My pleasure Mafti.
    I'll see you at the Hackney tonight mate!!

Ray & da Boyz

Attached Files:

4. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Great Work Ray - what a gent :)