1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks to all for RTTS

Discussion in 'Run to the Sun 2011' started by The Dub Driver (Byronbug), Nov 29, 2011.

1. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Thought I just would say Thank You to all concerned for this years RTTS.
    A lot of organizing went on behind the scenes that a lot of people don't see...lots of organizing, phone calls, running around, etc was done to get this going & all put into plan.
    Thank you Roy and Anita and family for all you have done in keeping this event happening every year...
    Doug did a lot to get this going so a special thanks to you for everything.. Michelle & Adrain, Lorraine and Andy thank you also for all the effort you put into this....to all the many helpers, volunteers behind the scene...
    Obviously many I have forgot to especially mention...to our cook off victims...oops I meant volunteers a big thank you for cooking up a storm in such hot circumstances ....but you were fantastic....for someone who doesn't cook Andy you did marvelously.... It was a pleasure to judge...Belle is still raving on about how she helped judged it :)
    To everyone that made the effort to come...thanks ...it was great to see you there....even some friends of mine came ..& knowing that they aren't really into VW's they made the trek to see what I keep harping on about for all these years....they were impressed with the cars and the friendly people they met there....so thank you all for the wonderful atmosphere you project to the general public...
    So again a big Thanks to all who helped in any way shape or form...your contribution no matter how big or small was greatly appreciated :heart:
    Also forgot to mention....thanks heaps to Gunter for the purple VolksMod stubby cooler you gave me Saturday night...I didn't get around to thanking you properly .... (blame my Green Fairy for that one....hehehe x)..

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  2. wasabi

wasabi New Member

Yes well done ! it was a fantastic day, we heard lots of people say how friendly everyone was and how big it was, what a beauty.

3. wasabi

wasabi New Member

Hey and how much did we enjoy the Christmas party the night before,christmas tree, decorations, secret santa presents were awsome,music,lights,I got to sit on santas knee.It was all good.

4. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

Thanks

Good on you Judy for thanking everyone. I agree.

My count is a total of 203 VWs to date. Some didn't or wouldn't register and I didn't count the sponsors VWs or the Zarraffa's Caddy.

4 Beach Buggies
    3 Karmann Ghias
    2 Country buggies
    1 Thingee
    7 Type 3s
    2 Caddies
    9 Golfs
    4 Superbugs
    30 Beetles
    17 Split Screen kombis
    97 Bay window kombis
    12 T3 kombis
    11 T4 /T5 kombis
    2 Tiguans
    1 New Beetle and
    1 Amarok

There were:
    578 Lucky Door Prize forms handed out
    48 entries in the PASSPORT Hamper Prize
    and the winner was Trevor Shelton.

RUN TO THE SUN 2011 has been a success.

Doug

5. terbear

terbear Member

That's a fantastic job... Well done...

6. Vanessa92

Vanessa92 Member

Glad it was all successful, excellent job!