Thankyou

Discussion in 'Klub Fest 2009' started by Roy, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

This year's Klubfest was the third to be held at Parklands Showground and what a show it is developing into
    A huge thankyou to the following, without them it would not go ahead
    Parklands Showground Staff
    The Klubfest committee and thier partners, for not only what they did over the weekend but for putting the effort in prior to the show
    My family for being thier to help with the day and prior organising, as always
    The Resto Hub at Southport for sponsorship of the main trophy and helping on the day
    Show sponsors
    Trade stands and displays
    KC club members who chipped in over the weekend
    Last but not least every one who took part in Klubfest 09, making it an unforgetable weekend
    There is bound to be someone I have forgotten, so thankyou. Your help, time and effort is appreciated by all

Cheers
    Roy

2. Resol

Resol Active Member

Thank YOU Roy for your emence effort you contributed to the event..
    from an on-lookers ponit of view (mine), very moment was awesome and i didnt wont the weekend to finish, I HAD A BALL.......................

3. MISS VDUB

MISS VDUB New Member

Thank you so much Roy and Gang! i was lucky enough to be back this weekend, but even if i wasn't i would have flown home for it.

Klubfest is turning into a fine KC wine that gets better every time! The only thing i would change is more signage upon entry to get more 'outsiders' in (so we can convert them):lol:

Fancy dress night was fun... you could say this little birdy danced all night! Oh yeah, and Julian... when's the next dance off buddy, i'll be ready! ;)

4. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Great work Roy in pulling this together and also to your band of willing helpers :)

5. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Thanks guys and girls..

My thanks to you Roy,Melissa,Lorraine,Michelle,Judy,Craig and Doug and all KC members new and old for making this weekend so much fun and run as smoothly as it did.I got to put to many new faces to names and kombis and had a great time catching up with old ones.

Great to finally meet and hangout with you Melissa ,how long has it been.....3+ years?:eek:

Nice to meet you Stevie,and great to see your face again Amanda.
    Amazing effort to travel all the way from Tassie.
    Thankyou so much for the lowlight front bucket seats...i'm glad i could lighten your load.You guys rock.:)

Its was nice to stumble across you Nathan ,I'm lovin that lowlight bench seat you scored.I was so eyeing that off while it was sitting on top of Chucks lowlight.
    I'm glad it went to a good home and look forward to catching up next time mate.
    We'll do some drumming and try a bit of fire twirling....;)

....and a HUGE thankyou to my assistant chef Paul who very generously donated his BBQ stove after my antiquated camping stove finally gave up.
    Together we made a very tasty pan fired chicken breast,with poached apricots and grilled vegies on a bed of fried rice.....with a dash of my secret ingredient.
    It was so delicious and presented so well that We(The Wannabes) Won the cook-off.:lol:
    Thanks guys for the trophy and VW Camper Cook Book..i'll be sure to put it to use.

So an absolute huge time was had and look forward to the next get together.
    Steve

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  6. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

Thanks

thanks to Roy and all his helpers....gr8 wkend :D :D

7. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Yes, thanks to everyone involved. It takes a lot of effort (and time) to pull a show of this magnitude together, so I take my hat off to you.

From a trade stand perspective, it was a really well run show, and thanks for the comments throughout the day pointing people in the direction of the WhizBang stand. :D

Congratulations to Steve for his gourmet creation - I'll be on the phone shortly organising a date for you to cook us dinner shortly! :lol:

8. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Another fantastic year! Thank you Roy for providing this event and to your family and helpers for keeping this going from strength to strength.

I had a ball again and its definitely worth the drive for a weekend of laughs and to hang out with great people.

The poker run was great fun and it gave us "tourists" a chance to see places I would not normally have seen.

The "cook off" was a blast! I bet the 6 teams never thought 30 minutes could go so fast and the creations you all came up with were all magnificent - the judging was really difficult and Lorraine and I were hard pressed to divide you all. It ended up being half a point between first and second!

9. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

WOW, what a weekend :D

Thank you Roy :D Without you there would be no Klubfest.

Thank you fellow committee members. A lot went on behind the scene and I felt like I wasn't much use in the planning stages but hopefully managed to pull my weight over the event.

Craig...what a champion, spending all day in hospital Saturday and then managing to still compare the event on the Sunday:heart:

Thank you Melissa for your help with the cook off...I reckon this will be a regular event now so be prepared for the long drive again next year.:lol:

10. homar

homar New Member

I too would like to thank everybody for their hospitality, with a special mention to resol for his kombi knowledge and tour.

Homar