The Canberra Story...

Discussion in 'The First national Kombi Club Bus Stop 2007' started by melissa, Apr 9, 2007.

1. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

Help Urgently Wanted

HELP PLEASE

Our 74 has broken down in Miranda in Sydney and I need some help with diagnosis mostly. I may need to transport it back to the Gold Coast.Can someone local call me on 0427 655 890 to help me find someone to listen to the motor's rhythmical banging noise (sounds like bearings or such).

Please note --- I am NOT online - I just borrowed a Kombi owners computer.

ThanksDoug

2. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like a great time had by all and pranks carried out - only to be expected :)

3. kommodius

kommodius New Member

You sorted yet Doug?
    Come on Sydneysiders have a look at Doug's bus.

Ray & da Boyz

4. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

Doug - I'm no use listening, I wouldn't know what to listen for. Miranda's the other side of Sydney for me but Vee Dub Classic Volkswagen is not far away at Kirrawee. I don't know them but have seen their ads:

Address: Factory 3, 64 Oak Rd., Kirrawee, NSW, 2232

PHONE/FAX: (02) 9521 5333, MOBILE: 0409 988 748

I just got home but I'll ring you tomorrow with the details if you can't get online.

Baz

5. Stompywomp

Stompywomp New Member

Byron Bug Courier

A word of thanks to Judy and Mick for bringing down those Magna seats - courtesty of Mattman. Fitted them into Cheeky Monkey this morning and they certainly are comfortable....wouldn't want to be 6foot 3inches or you would have to cut a viewing hole in the roof!!!!!!

Thanks for perservering with those seats Mattman.

Regards,

CM

6. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

I have just recieved a phone call on my way to work and now a fax from John and Christine. They have not worked out how to get onto here just yet but will be very soon with some help from Alpal. John has asked me to post this here for them....

Hi to all those Kombi Club members who attended the "Run to Canberra 07"

We would like to thank the many new friends we made and a special thanks to the people who answered our stressful phone calls when our clutch cable snapped on the hill during the mystery cruise on the way to the pub.

Thank you Necro for your assurance, thank you Schmo and Wos (the Pirate King) for climbing under our Kombi and fitting the new cable and to Tom (SA) for his mechanical guidance and overseeing the repairs.

We made it safely back to home to Hardys Nay NSW after a very enjoyable Easter.

Thank you again John and Christine.

7. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Not a problem Stompy....
    Just so glad we bought the workvan to put them in...lol
    Wouldn't of left much room in a normal sized Kombi for us.
    Will let Matt know they arrived to you with "Thanks"....
    ...and thanks also for the wine Stompy...will be using them to christen our newly build back deck....lol
    Judy x

8. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

Thanks Schmo & Baz and Juri

Problem solved. Kombi will be on Mikki & Juri's truck next week.

It's a great community we have here. Just Great.

Thanks also to Gary at VW Classic at Kirrawee who confirmed my worst fears. See you all soon.

Many thanks to Kombi owner and new forum member Kay Moore from Miranda who was kind enough to lend me her computer (twice now) and is currently making us some coffee.
    Cheers

Doug & Dale

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  9. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that your kombi is not going to be stranded for too long, sorry about your "worst fears" being confirmed... Well done to those who tried to help (esp Kay Moore); it looks like all the kombis will soon be back home... hopefully, the problem isn't as serious as it seems....

Best wishes for the rest of your trip, and I hope you are back on the road soon....

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  10. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

We kept on North to sunny Marewether after Kanberra to visit Grandaughter. Missing our Kombi brethren.
    Everything about the event was great thanks to Mellisa and Roy. The Konvoy from Melbourne thanks to Cammo and LOL thanks to a lot of folk. It was a pleasure to be able to fit a face to the names we have been talking to over the web.
    Will be inking next year into my calendar!
    PS Woz. I have a blue chair for you when we get back.
    PSS Necro. I have a trailer cover to deliver to you to work your magic on.

11. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

SCHMOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, we'll trade it for that big nutcracker of yours that we took to Canberra and back!

12. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Good on ya Wozza

Ta. Twas too heavy for Shmeterling to carry to Newcastle and back!

13. Mafti

Mafti New Member

We're back

The Mafti family arrived home last night from our Canberra trip. T'was a 9 day road trip with its usual highs and lows (I'll list them later) We had a great trip. We caught up with a great bunch of people (as someone said 'we are an ecclectic lot') I wouldn't want it any other way, the weird and the wonderful, the trippers and the non trippers.
    Special thanks to Melissa for putting together a well organised event.Your effort was much appreciated by us.
    We met some great people straight up, then more through the weekend and the last night, even more (take me as I am, I had a good night) Still didnt get to meet every one.
    The kids enjoyed themselves and met other kombi friends. Thanks to all those who bought Kombi Eggs (coloured in river pebbles stolen from the caravan park garden beds) from the kids. It was their scam, I had nothing to do with it. Honest. The money raised went to Kombi for Kids.
    To the Muso's, thanks for the entertainment through out the weekend (Ray)
    My borderline unenthusiastic wife, Lea is talking about and planning next years trip. I think she is coming around. Bring on 2008 we'll be there with bells on.

Mafti

14. Schmoburger

Schmoburger Active Member

Welcome back Craig!... glad you guys made it back alright. :cool:

Was great meeting ya at Canberra by the way... even if it took 2 days lol! :D

BRING ON NEXT YEARS BUS STOP!!! :cool: :D

CHeers!
    Kieran

15. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

M
    Glad to hear you go home no problems..( or for that matter running out of petrol again)...lol
    Was great to finally meet you.
    & yes I still have my "kombi rock" sitting on my kitchen window sill here...I smile when ever I look at it!!
    Glad the kids (& Mrs) enjoyed themselves...I know we all did.
    Catch up again next one for sure
    Judy :)

16. Alice in Kombiland

Alice in Kombiland Well-Known Member

That was a great effort by the kids. Now nearly everyone has a painted rock on their dash....they even made a pirate one and offered it to us (how could we refuse):) .

Glad you made it back okay...hope to see you at the Grampians later this year.

17. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Yes Mafti, sorry I should have said...the rocks the little artists made earned them almost $15 so mum and dad put in the rest and bought a K4K print :)

18. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

Look out !!!!! Toms back shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

KG mwahahahahahaha

19. Doc

Doc Active Member

Yes I have spied him lurking in the background

20. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

Yeh ho im back but not for long , bit of a rushed trip home to do something really important then off again i will let you all know when it happens ok .

But first of all i would just like to say what a wonderfull wonderfull easter , it really does just show what kombi club is all about , i have been reading posts and looking at pictures for the last hour and i am just truely amazed and just gob smacked over the whole event , the one thing stands out in my mind whilst reading is , how do 50-60 + people come together , whom have never met, from all parts of australia and get along so , so well, the answer , ummm ok we drive kombis , apart from that i just cant answer it any other way .
    One thing that is for sure and i have been preaching here for so long and that the people who attended canberra can stand along side of me and say
    kombi club people your simply the best . ok see im not mad experience the kombi passion and your hooked . It really makes you feel so good and that kindness and happiness , humour is alive and well in what sometimes can be one cruel world , to see so many happy people at canberra just restores my faith in the human race .I just cant express how i feel in words so sorry as i am only a tool less poor mechanic but i trust all arrived home safe and sound , there are so many people to thank and really i think that you all should be congratulated in every aspect in the kombi club spirit , please just make our kombi club stronger , and show the same spirit as what happened in canberra 2007 and i just think this little ol planet of ours can be one better place , i truely thank you all .
    from tom and susy .