1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Chubby!

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by Resol, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Resol

Resol Active Member

Cheers Scott and your right they look bad a standard height!

2. Resol

Resol Active Member

Decided to paint the rims after lowering him and get the full-length rack and ladder back on!
    [​IMG]

B4 shot
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

3. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Looking good Resol - just looked back through your thread and its amazing how much a bus can change in just a few pages ;)

Keep up the good work..

B

4. Resol

Resol Active Member

Cheers Saabman!!!
    Ok, since Chubby has been on the road (20mnths) ive put 3 different engines in and a total 5 engine changes...
    So, he had his OG donk in which was serviced and tweaked and lasted about 8 months till he had a loud knock in him. I decided to take that donk out b4 it blow up to have rebuilt.
    I borrowed a m8s donk for about 6mths thinking the OG donk would be finished but it wasn't, so I decided to buy another donk from a WELL known mechaninc..... 4 days and 5 alternators and 3 carbys later it was running but with a pretty major flat spot. I put up with this thinking the Og donk would be finished soon.
    Well that donk lasted 7mths till it lost 80% power so out it came and I asked about my rebuilt donk. I found out that I was getting a BRAND new donk (wooohooo) and the OG donk was untouched.
    I had the OG donk shipped back to me and used a head off it to repair the current 7mth old donk (costing $1600 so far)

Some pics of the head change
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Resol

Resol Active Member

Got all that done and gained power and lost the major flat spot as I used the OG carby.... Happy days!!!!!!
    Well that only lasted a short time till it did a BIG end bearing!!!
    So out it came again.........
    So this is the 7mth old engine... I cracked the case to find #1 bearing totally destroyed and floating around in the bottom of the case....
    Ok... back onto the OG donk which I thought had done a BIG-END Bearing as well... when I was stripping it done the first piston I took the barrel off I found that it had shattered apart!!!
    [​IMG]

So I thought Id better check them all and Im glad I did as there was another piston head with 2 cracks in it and ready to fracture as well...

I had fun trying to renove all the fragments out of the case!!
    [​IMG]

Stripped it down as far as I needed..
    [​IMG]

6. Resol

Resol Active Member

New (OG- shared from the 2 engines) piston head put on..
    [​IMG]

Got all the good parts off the 2 busted donks to make a running one..
    [​IMG]

7. splitbus

splitbus Well-Known Member

Nice work Resol , try putting the barrel on the other way round though ;)

8. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

can you pop over..mine needs a service :)