1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Details for Bus Stop 2008

Discussion in 'The National Kombi Club Bus Stop 2008' started by melissa, Apr 16, 2007.

1. kaptv8

kaptv8 New Member

I have booked a Cabin (Number 9) sleeps 5! Does anyone want to grab this?? I have paid a deposit for it but i find myself not needing it now. Might slip into a powered site. Will prolly need to ring park to see if any available. If i attend it will be just me and the twins. Not sure how they will go on the long drive but only one way to find out!

Drop me an email if you need to upgrade to a cabin. kaptv8@hotmail.com or just PM me :)

2. Royce

Royce Active Member

The excitement is building.

Wow,

the excitment is getting unbearable. I am very jealous of those leaving Wednesday and would really like some photos of the procession as it comes from all over the country.

can't wait to meet you all in Bbay and then on to eden.

We pulled the van out for our pre-departure check and all is looking fine.

Just added to the excitement factor.

Some minor problems with the T25 which we hope to have fixed tmorrow.

Cheers

3. NadsNRossi

NadsNRossi New Member

How much has come about since I last checked the forum. Ive been somewhat slack of late not daring to stare into the screen of my PC when I get home from work (I have developed a strange x eyed affliction from hours of sssttaarrrinnngg at my screen whilst at work).

Anyways we cant wait for Friday morning, I have been speaking to Royce and have decided to meet up at Bbay for a bite of good ol Maccas and to meet everyone before we head off!

Bella shall be spick and span with her new windshield and wheels glistening in the morning sun ahhhhhhh. All I can do is sigh at the image of all the beautiful machines I shall lay my eyes upon, (now all to do is get a mask).

See you all Friday.

Cheers

4. Diddlie

Diddlie New Member

Not sure if we are still on list or not, but we won't be able to come along so if anyone wants our pitch they are quite welcome to it.

Have a fantastic time everyone.

Di

5. Alice in Kombiland

Alice in Kombiland Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  6. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for that Alice, helps with the packing.....all us Northerners had better pack a jacket! Nice cool nights are always good for sleeping, especially in a kombi!

Gee I can't believe it's only 2 more sleeps for us guys then we hit the road......can't wait.................Lorraine

7. Alice in Kombiland

Alice in Kombiland Well-Known Member

I think us southerners will need a jacket too...it's been over 30 for about a week....it was 38 today....I can't wait to get out of this city to some water.
    It's been too bloody hot to work on the kombi before we go and we leave in 2.5 days to meet the other Vics and Tassies (Thurs morning, just after dawn)

I'm really excited now...I've packed a lilo to swim with.

8. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

Getting tight now. I have Krumbli booked in with Shaun at German Engineering (Bribie Island) for a new fuel pump and handbrake cable tomorrow. Was up late last night trying to work out the stereo amplifier for the new roof bits I made recently. Hope he is all ready for Wed morning meet at Reedy Creek.

9. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dean I'm sure Krumbli will be fine, see you Wednesday.............Lorraine

10. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

That's not all he needs Lorraine but the other parts have not arrived. Luckily they are not that critical and hopefully all goes well for the run down.

11. redhotchilliwilli

redhotchilliwilli New Member

you know its only going to rain beacuse ozjeff is attending .ha .i think the only thing we are worried about is the amount of beer needed for the long weekend . dont forget people easter long weekend no beer sales , come prepaired.

12. NadsNRossi

NadsNRossi New Member

Ah thank you for that I completely forgot wouldnt want to run dry on the brewski front!!!! Bellas fridge has decided to not work at all. Regardless of how much we try to snap her into action its just a non event. I was told to turn the fridge upside down to get the gas circulating??? does anyone know of this or any other trick we could try?

13. Royce

Royce Active Member

hi gorgeous

Hi Nads

Do you want me to pack the car fridge. We have a 240 converter that you can plug into the mains if you want. Saves the battery overnight?

Cheers

14. NadsNRossi

NadsNRossi New Member

Ohhhh you're a life saver that would be FAB! I cant wait Im so excited... You bringing your rod and reel???

Luv ya xxx

15. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Just to let you all know that there are other kombi drivers that do not post on here at all that will also be attending Eden. I have had a message from a member called Stevo (John) who is coming with his wife Jan in their 75 camper called Foxy and they are also bringing a work colleague Evan with his 79 camper called ET and another friend Eric who is also a Kombi owner. They have the cabins C11 and C13.

It will be great to meet them.

I am pretty sure Dion is coming from Newcastle as well.

Counting down now guys.. and just a last minute hint....
    DON'T BUY YOUR PETROL ON THURSDAY (if you can help it).. MAKE SURE YOU FILL UP ON WEDNESDAY... IT ALWAYS GOES UP IN PRICE ON THURSDAY :)

16. oldmancrew

oldmancrew Member

starting off tomorrow from adelaide....stopping in canberra to pick up the girls who fly in....then on to eden....looking forward to some cooler weather......the sun has been out of control here in sa.....everything here is parched.....
    hoping to catch up with all youse kombi fans soon...

greg pru kasey

17. redhotchilliwilli

redhotchilliwilli New Member

too all that is leaving tonight and tomorrow ,drive safe .may the great kombi karma travel with you .see you there. beer for the boys, champaine for the ladies .should be a great weekend
    rhcw

18. gemma

gemma New Member

south coast weather update

Well , the south coast is cool, green and balmy.

Can:t promise it will remain so, as a full moon is due , on thursday, if there is chance of precipitation, I t will happen then , however the south coast is the optimum place to be , at present even if we do get rain. For those of you that ha

ve never been, you will be blown away.......I hope not literally.....

So those rolls- hardlies on on their way .well some of them anyway, sorry Lorraine, and the rest of you that are having crises and chaos. ha ah ha
    My sympathy and hope you all have a great gathering.

Maybe catch up to some of you .if I can , yeah I m having time hiccups too
    Cheers
    g

19. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

A safe trip and hope you all have a great weekend :)