The Details For The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2007 - Canberra!!!

Discussion in 'The First national Kombi Club Bus Stop 2007' started by melissa, Jul 1, 2006.

1. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Necro - really a matter of visiting my mother who I've not seen in 3.5 years + anyone else from the family who comes to her place @ Wamberal on the NSW Central Coast. They don't bother to travel to Qld to see me so it's always me having to go to see them - pisser.
    Was looking forward to getting to ACT but that's life.

2. 1975 Westfalia

1975 Westfalia New Member

We are probably going to leave on the Monday night or Tuesday and take our time getting there as its not easy for the little one to do long hours of travelling in one go. I also would like to call in to some friends & places in the Snowy on the way. Much as we love a convoy, we don't want to hold up the rest of the vans.

3. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Bert,
    We will be going via the Central Coast, can't you drop in on the way down and then on the way back? That's 2 visits in just one week!!!!!!!!...Lorraine

4. 1975 Westfalia

1975 Westfalia New Member

Yes Lorraine, that's such a great idea for Bert. Two visits are better than one, and you can do Canberra too!

5. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Lorraine, thought of that idea as would go through the back of the Central Coast and could overnight both ways but she's a little difficult to deal with most of the time.
    Trust me I'm not happy about it but take it as being one of the things that happens in trying to keep family happy.
    Discussed in length also with the wife as she would not be able to make it so plans had to get changed :(

6. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

40 Days to go!!!!!
    Just a gentle reminder there...book in for a service...get your holidays organised...pets minded (if you are not bringing them) and locate the silliest hat you own. :)

7. Marty

Marty Active Member

bring on the clowns!:D

8. Necro

Necro Active Member

Ta-Daaaa! Here be the clown...:D

9. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

Hi All,
    Well, it is official, I can't make it....Sooooo sorry & soooo sad. I have other work organised, Tamzen has just started a new management role in her workplace, my daughter has a sports camp for a couple of days very close to Easter & I have no camper. Was hoping to get my new pano on the road, but time is slipping away. I have some jobs booked in the Splits, which I have my mate Pigsy covering, but that leaves me bus-less, Family-less & pushed for time for that trip. I may have a return ticket on the boat for a Kombi & a couple of business seats if anyone is interested. I had booked on the off chance it would all come together.

Again, sorry, Mel I REALLY want to be there, but new business & family commitments stop me.

Have fun all.
    Rob J.

10. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

That's no good Rob, I was looking forward to meeting you and your family :( ......ah well another opportunity will arise I'm sure.....congrats to Tamzen on the new position...........will we be seeing Frank with his new owners?.................Lorraine

11. Vanders

Vanders Active Member

Hmmmm.......

12. Vanders

Vanders Active Member

Rob, you have PM.

Melissa, when is registration cut-off date.

13. Marty

Marty Active Member

check with melissa, but as far as i know you don't have to book for unpowered sites.

14. melissa

If you are happy with an unpowered site then there is no cut off date...just turn up :) If you were after a cabin, you would need to contact the caravan park asap. I know all of the powered sites have been booked out....unless Rob booked one and it was now available.

Shame you cant make it Rob, would have been nice to catch up with you and Tamzen and the kids again, oh well...I'm sure you will have a great time at The Bug In :cool:

15. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Hey mel, i am working my brass parts of to get to this event. Cathy will not be going as she will be at work all weekend.
    I will decide and let you know after my trip to the coorong with the SA kombi mob in couple weeks.
    Our member of the year is going to be doing some surgery on bessie and when i get home if all works out i will make the trip.

cheers brian :)

16. melissa

I hope you can make it Brian. I went to Valla by myself and had a great time meeting people, hope to meet you at Canberra ..... and looking forward to meeting lots of others there too :)

17. SolarSteve

SolarSteve New Member

Another one bites the dust.

Well I have been holding off in hope that things will settle down with work but it hasn't happened. I will not be able to make it Canberra. The Kombi resto has taken a back seat to the business so it won't be done in time. Plus I can't afford to take any time away from the business (not with 4 weeks work booked up and more coming in).

On a brighter note there is a Cottage (B26) available at the Eaglehawk.

Hope to see everyone at something later on in the year.

Solar Steve

18. melissa

Aaaww thats no good Steve.. :( Oh well there is always next time. Glad to hear your business is doing well.

Someone going to grab that cottage?

19. melissa

Getting close now....

20 Days To Go!!!!!

Thats less that 3 weeks...in 3 weeks time we will be on the mystery drive.... recovering from the night before....

20. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Panic Button

O.M.G. Where has the time gone? Not many days to go before the big event. Will the kombi be ready in time? TIME TO PANIC!!!
    [​IMG]