The Details For The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2007 - Canberra!!!

Discussion in 'The First national Kombi Club Bus Stop 2007' started by melissa, Jul 1, 2006.

1. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

2 WEEKS TO GO !!!!

wooohooo..its getting closer! :)

2. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Sigh of relief

Hey Melissa,
    My Kombi is ready for launch...woohoo! I have had the heat shielding replaced and the air pipes redesigned and lots of little things to assist in getting rid of hot air and collecting cooler air etc. Now the engine shouldnt over heat and fry. I took it for a test run from Melbourne up the Hume Hwy. to NSW. It went well. The new Albury Bipass freeway is open now and is a good run. There are no major roadworks on the Hume as far as Holbrook so the Canberra Convoy should have a good run. I sat on about 85kph the whole way. I just plodded along it was a good drive. For those with fast Kombis watch out for static unmanned speed cameras in 2 locations. So I not only tested out the Kombi but I did a road test for the Canberra Convoy.

3. melissa

Well done Geoff, great to hear all is going well. :)

4. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

Melissa,

I may just be coming (albeit in the Commodore)! If so, I'll be camping, so I don't need to book, right?

I'll be on my own, I guess.

Baz

5. Marty

Marty Active Member

Great to hear Baz! Just throw in a tent and we'll see you there. :)

6. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

In Case You Were Wondering????

Just in case you were wondering if you should buy your fruit and vegies only after you have crossed the state border? Dont worry you can bring them with you. At the border you only have to hand in all your fruit and veg on the return trip. For those of you who dont know what I'm talking about, its the fruit fly inspection points at the state border. So comming from S.A. into Vic. you dont have to stop or hand anything in. There is however one between Wentworth and Broken Hill where you do, from memory. From Vic to NSW there is no confiscation point so thats cool too.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  7. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

WA into SA no problems, SA into WA have to hand in. SA into Vic, i have seen any thing, Vic into SA there is an honesty bin to throw your goodies in.

cheers

8. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

We had the recent experience at the Vic to SA boarder, the only things we were able to keep were two carrots!!!!!!!!!!!! They even asked to look in the glove box, I think he was looking for other 'produce' as we have 'Nimbin' emblazened on our wheel cover!...we had just stocked up, fruit and veg that is, for our trip. I often wonder what happens to all the stuff they take off you :rolleyes: .................Lorraine

9. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Vic to Sa Only

Quarantine roadblocks are located on: -
    • The Sturt Highway at Yamba between Mildura and Renmark
    • The Eyre Highway at Ceduna
    • The Barrier Highway at Oodla Wirra
    • The Mallee Highway between Murrayville and Pinnaroo
    Quarantine road signs and fruit disposal bins are located on: -
    • The Nelson Highway near Mount Gambier
    • The Princes Highway near Mount Gambier
    • The Glenelg Highway near Mount Gambier
    • The Wimmera Highway near Naracoorte
    • The Dukes Highway near Bordertown
    • The Stuart Highway at Marla
    Quarantine detector dogs operate in: -
    • The Adelaide Airport International Terminal
    • The Adelaide Airport Domestic Terminals
    Victoria to South Australia it depends what road you cross the border on. The big Vic/Sa Border crossing on the Sturt Highway is the border Gestapo They confiscate All Fruit and Veg and Honey and Dried Fruit and Nuts and plants going into S.A only. I forgot once and lost all my shopping. They ask to look in your fridge and ice chests.

10. Doc

Doc Active Member

They smoke it don't they?

11. melissa

Not sure if I have put this up before but...
    My mobile number is 0414 547437
    Might be a good idea to make a note of it now (or put it into your phones). I should be able to be contacted by that for most of the trip.

Can't believe it's just over a week away!

12. Doc

Doc Active Member

Melissa I'm often in labor ward at 3am waiting impatiently, your phone number has given me a terrible idea to fill in time on the lonely stretches......

13. ruby6689

Your definitely not getting mine then Doc!

14. Doc

Doc Active Member

Got it already Lorraine, I have the memory of a steel trap. What were we talking about again?

15. Archeress

Archeress Active Member

You are in serious need of first class dementia care.......fortunately i am only a third class citizen.

16. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Mel, after doing everything in my power to get to this great event, there is now a big possibilty i wont make it. I thought i was all set especially after bessie got the tommy tune last weekend. My son was all set to come with me, then i get this job interview after not working for 2 years. But all is not lost just yet, as the manager is in phuket on holidays. Not sure when he comes back, with a bit of luck it will be after easter then all would be well. It would be my luck he comes back day before then i am capput. I really need this job just a little more than the greatest kombi meet in australia. Fingers are crossed along with every other part of my body. I will just wait and see.

cheers guys and if i dont make it i hope you all have a kombi blast of a time. :(

cheers brian

17. melissa

We all understand Brian :)

18. ruby6689

Hi Brian,
    Hope the both the job and the weekend work out.....good luck, hope to see you at Canberra.....Lorraine

19. HempKombi

HempKombi New Member

I'll try to keep my fingers crossed for you as well Brian, but could be hard will getting the last details down on the van before next weekend.

Just chant "kombi karma kombi karma kombi karma" before going to bed each night, and it will all work out just fine!

See you in the capital city!

20. oldmancrew

oldmancrew Member

We hope you all have a safe trip and plenty of goodtimes............looking forward to seeing KOMBI spelt out and the stories of the quest that made it happen .......................
    Unfortunately we will be floating in a large boat off Brisbane somewhere, bobbing about in the waves and aftershocks......
    I know where all the fun will be...............

greg,pru and kc