The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2013

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2013' started by ruby6689, May 19, 2012.

1. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Show Off Martin:lol:

2. milly

milly Active Member

We are booked and paid, heading in on Thursday the 28th and out on Tuesday the 2nd it will be our 1st Bus stop event and we are very excited and looking forward to meeting our extended KC family.

I cant wait.:D:D

3. vwfreak03

vwfreak03 Well-Known Member

Do not want ro win that break down award :eek:

Looking at fitting an external oil cooler for the trip as temp got to 260f or 125c going into Adelaide. On the way to swan hill :(

Did about 2600km for swan hill and looking at about 6000k round trip for 2013.....taken a month off and will drive a lttle further north or a look :)

4. DakDak67

DakDak67 Guest

Looks like i'll be moving from Melbourne due to Alan Joyce killing my job, moving to Brissy, could make the Busstop...

5. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

:D Now that's a positive take on loosing your job and a show of real kombi spirit :heart:

6. DakDak67

DakDak67 Guest

In the words of Braveheart, "They can take my job!, but they can't take my KOMBI!!"

7. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Are we having the theme night on-site, or do we have to travel elsewhere? Or, perhaps that's still a W.I.P??

8. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Definitely a theme night, details will be posted closer to the event. We have quite a few options of locations both off site and on for the Gala night and we will be checking them out soon to find the best one.

Prices have now been posted for accommodation in the first post.

Pack a fishing rod as there are fish to be caught in the river at the holiday park :)

9. Necro

Necro Active Member

Thats bloody cheating that is.........

10. Necro

Necro Active Member

No one has cheated that much since Brian at Mt Gambier.......

11. Golfy

Golfy Member

Hi! Guys as Lorraine has said you wont reagret it, its a fantastic caravan park and Donna has cut off a great section of the park just for us. We got a great area for all our activities that we are going to have including a fishing area so bring your fishing gear, their are three different fish to catch so you can have a free meal. Their is a great swimming pool and it has slides in it, a cafe beside the pool and if we want to have a meal together we just let
    Donna know in time and she will close it just for us. It is open for Breaky, Lunch and Dinner. Their is also a road in the Park to the BMX track ( so get your bmx kombi's ready). We are also close to theme parks:- movie world
    5mins, wet'n wild 6mins, dream world 9min, white water world 9min. sea world 23mins, and also Harbour Town shopping centre 12mins. If you wont to go to any of these book with Donna and she can get them discounted for you. Also Coolangatta Air Port (GC) for broken down Kombi's. Ha! Ha! It as taken a long time to get this organized as everywhere on the Gold Coast was a miniun of 7 days stay, we went to the Gold Coast MP to get it reduced to a 3day stay. So Come on Guys its lets make this a great event, we now know how much effort Mellissa had to put into arranging all those past events. Well done Mellissa. Their will be more great exciting news to come, from our execive chiefs, Cornish, Lorraine, Andy, Judy, Dale, Doug and Me.

12. VeeWee

VeeWee Member

Oooh!

Just had a thought for the Gala Night! For my 40th I had an "Op-Shop Formal Party" where everyone came dressed in their finery...found either in an op-shop or at the back of the wardrobe!! It was VERY funny to see the fashions on show!! Everything from taffita to lace, tuxedos to safari suits!! It was all there to see!! Decorations came from our local op-shops and even the plates and glasses were purchased (and then returned!!) from them too!! Good fun!

Anyhooo, my Sunday thought.
    I'll go back to sleep now...

13. Hippy-71

Hippy-71 New Member

Think I will make it to this one... :)

14. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Ive just to convince Narelle that this IS a good idea :rolleyes:

15. thegownchick

thegownchick Guest

Are green as grass newbie kombi owners allowed to come? We live in Brisbane which is probably only 45 minutes drive from the caravan park location.

16. saabman

You have no excuse not to be there. -

17. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Compulsory! First drinks are on you!

18. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Hey Bernie, we can work on that at Old Bar :rolleyes:
    We've booked an ensuite for TheBus Stop ....Cheers, Mark

19. saabman

Thanks Mark-I think Im going to need all the help I can get ;)

20. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

For those of us wanting to just pop down for a day, will there be a day event for example a show and rust or swap meet?