1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The new Busnbug 69 Lowlight work ute.

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by 65busser, Nov 5, 2013.

1. 65busser

65busser Member

Amazing huh? Hard to believe it was red before the Ankor Wax. ;)

2. terbear

terbear Member

Yes, I have a gorgeous 75 SC Ute.. :)

3. 65busser

65busser Member

I need to be a bit more observant. Just spotted Boris in your signature.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  4. terbear

terbear Member

Yes, I think it's about his turn to be my avatar.

5. martini olive

martini olive Member

wow brad - looks the goods!

on the way home and saw it a few weeks back as i glanced up your driveway - thought i'd imagined it.

look forward to passing you on the nepean or beach.....

6. 65busser

65busser Member

Yeah I haven't spotted Scuter on the Nepean for a while. We'll have a drag at the lights next time. There's a bog standard 1600 in it so it'll be exciting.

7. andrewjdriscoll

andrewjdriscoll Active Member

Five litres, please? Charge the card!

AJD

8. 65busser

65busser Member

One litre will do it and I reckon you've already got it?

9. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

Hey Brad

Have you managed to register the pickup in Vic yet? Did you have any issues with the suspension mods at all? Just getting ready to bring mine back and want to know if I need to reverse any of the mods.

10. andrewjdriscoll

Brad,

In all that work we did, I never did get around to buying any wax. Wouldn't the five litres be more economical? It lasts forever doesn't it? I would like to slather it everywhere! Whatever you think. Shoot it off straight away. Should take years off a '72, don't you think?

cheers,

AJD

11. andrewjdriscoll

Brad,

In all that work we did, I never did get around to buying any wax. Wouldn't the five litres be more economical? It lasts forever doesn't it? I would like to slather it everywhere! Whatever you think. Shoot it off straight away. Should take years off a '72, don't you think?

cheers,

AJD

12. 65busser

65busser Member

Chris. The Ute's on Club Reg which is the go if you're planning to drive it 90 days a year or less. $132 a year from memory. A roadworthy isn't an absolute requirement for most clubs but the vehicle must be road safe.

Andrew. Have sent you a pm.

13. 65busser

65busser Member

Bit excited to pick up some genuine hoops for the Ute. Thanks Michael.

Had the original slats too but this set came off a 55 Splitty and while there's no problem with the sizing of the hoops, the slats were short.

So the Split ute is the same width as a Bay, in the tray at least, but the Bay's a bit longer.

Just picked up some nice timber for the new slats, will give the hoops a coat of Ankor Wax and whack them on for Dak Dak Garage on Saturday with any luck.

[​IMG]

14. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

Nice score Brad. Hard to find OG hoops these days. They look nice and solid too.

15. 65busser

65busser Member

Fitted the tilt. Made up new timber strips that have to be routered at each end to fit in the curve of the top securing straps. Amazed at how accurate and how very Volkswagen the design of the hoops is. Very clever.

Ankor Waxed the hoops which has made the surface rust look much better. Hoops still look their age but much healthier.

Ankor Waxed the timber as well which was way quicker than 3 coats of the recommended sealer. One coat of Ankor Wax and water doesn't touch them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. vassy69SC

vassy69SC Active Member

Looking Sweeett!!

Very cool

17. starkz

starkz Member

Are you wanting to sell your tonneau now. If so pm me with a price. Love the look of this thing

18. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Beautiful looking Single Cab, love what you've done so far.
    Ankor Wax...how good is it,love that stuff.

19. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Curious to see how they stand up over time...... could be a whole new market there for Ankor Wax!:rolleyes:

Came up over dinner last night, about the possibilty of Ankor Wax over partially patterned patina on Corten steel.

A friend in business, (not automotive), has been laying gum leaves over Corten, before applying acid to accelerate the rust effect, giving a great effect..... but it soon disappears over a short time, as the rust continues and removes the patterns and evens it out.

Have you any experience Brad, in applying Ankor Wax after stage one, to "lock in" the patterns, and stop the next step on Corten steel?

20. 65busser

65busser Member

Yes the timber application hadn't occurred to me until John (IN2VWS) did a dining table with Ankor Wax and it came up with a mirror finish.

I haven't done the exercise Grant but knowing how the product works, I'd imagine that Ankor Wax would solve your mate's issue. It does 'lock in' the surface in it's condition at time of application so it should work for him.

We have customers doing wrought iron gates, antique bath tubs, steel doors, another is cladding his house in rusted corrugated iron, etc etc and all very happy with the 'locked in' effect and ongoing protection.

Where does it end??