1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thelma and Louise's Trip to Newy

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Kombi of Hope, May 25, 2009.

1. Kombi of Hope

Kombi of Hope New Member

After a mammoth 11 hour trip, Kyra and Kelly arrived at Georgetown safe and sound.

We all had dinner, a few wines and the lovely Kyra bonded very quickly with my kids over a book.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kyra left on Saturday morning and we immediately set Kelly to work building dog proof fencing. She then had a go at mig welding . . . . how hard could it be????

[​IMG]

Just quietly, she was heaps better at it than Ian :)

2. Kombi of Hope

Kombi of Hope New Member

And here is the weirdest picture of the lot . . . quite X-Files. Didn't know Ned Kelly was alive and kicking . . .

[​IMG]

It was lovely to have both of you to stay, although the 5.30am Kelly drop off on Monday morning was a bit of a shock to the system!!! Kids never made it to school after that.

Hope you make it home safe and sound girlfriends :heart:

3. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Thanks SO much Verity. Was great seeing you and the fam again, and we even got to see Megan and Nathan and the boys as well, so bargain!!

Thelma and Louise may ride again. One day. :)

4. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Yikes ...... it's the attack of the workshirts! :eek:

5. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Yes...what can i say ?..i am sure i will think of something....um...Thanks heaps to verity and ian for thier hospitality and thier early morning patience..sorry bout that chief. you cooking was wonderful and thelma and i appreciate all you have done...except i may have to bring my own pillow next time..my neck is dead as one of those trees we saw.:)

Huge thankyou's go out to Melissa for picking celia up at the airport and for listening to me rabbit on during the trip to sydney..Great stuff Mel..

Jay, Janine, and the cute as a button Ella...so many thanks for putting us up and creating one of the best dinners we have had in a very long time. fantastic hosts.

This Newcastle crew are just THE best.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2009
  6. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Heres a photo to go on with..
    louise on the left......thelma on the right.

and this was BEFORE the vodka and whisky at the pub lunch

[​IMG]

7. Archeress

Archeress Guest

country music capital....Tamworth

[​IMG]

8. Archeress

Archeress Guest

I think we shall be spending a weekend here....

[​IMG]

9. Archeress

Archeress Guest

i have no idea what to say about this one.

[​IMG]

10. Archeress

Archeress Guest

found this on the map...42 km east of Guyra...out in the boon docks i imagine..

[​IMG]

dare i add a picture?...

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Unfortunately closed for some reason but inside has low ceilings and huge fire places and long tressle tables which you have to share for great Sunday lunches .......fantastic place in the middle of nowhere ....the last homely house .....at Glen Coe

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  12. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Yes...i just realised this when expanding the pic...there are other lovely places though around the area to look at too.

13. greenbay

greenbay New Member

so obviously thelma and louise made it home in one piece.did the bilby survive the trip kel ?

14. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

The drive along the New England highway was really cool - we got to see quite a few cookey things, and some great scenery. Makes you realise how different this great land of ours really is.

Oh, and about the pumpkins. I'm STILL not really sure why I have it in front of my face. Perhaps to cover up the bags under the eyes?! :eek: Was funny though. The lady at the stall was good natured (albeit a little confused) at why we wanted a photo taken of us holding pumpkins up over our face.

needless to say, our families will be eating something pumpkin related for quite some time. I even tried to get Kelly to have a go at a sweet pumpkin crumble. Not sure if it will work, but sounds "interesting"!!

15. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Yeah. Go on. You know you want to. I bet you're searching Google images as we speak.

16. Archeress

Archeress Guest

It survived the trip in one piece Jay...but didnt survive the second day home....burp.

as for WARDS MISTAKE.....i will cop it if i load the pic i have..

17. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

When I was in boarding the kids were merciless with anyone from around Guyra.

Maybe they were from the place featured on the map ........ :eek: ........ but surely not!

18. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

They must sell poodles, other dogs that size or smaller, rabbits & cats, surely? :eek:

19. greenbay

greenbay New Member

o oh.........here they come

20. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

Do it.....

I DARE you!