1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to Start Planning

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2013' started by melissa, Jan 2, 2013.

1. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Well it's 2013 now - time to get your plans together for Easter. My reminder was I started a new job today and told them I must have the Thursday off before easter as we always go away a day early.

If you are still thinking about coming, make your mind up THIS WEEK! It's the perfect opportunity to get together with your fellow kombi lovers. I am expecting the QUEENSLAND Bus Stop to break our record numbers of kombis camping together as a club - I am not comparing to Valla or Old Bar etc, etc,.. I am only talking about the Annual Bus Stop. It's a fantastic location with something for everyone. The fun night is probably the best night of the year - can't wait to find out what costumes we can wear this year!!

Next to come will be convoy plans. Who is joining me from Newcastle to Port Macquarie (or close by) to spend Thursday night and then to arrive on the Gold Coast on Friday?

Please feel free to either add to this thread or create your own.

2. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Looking forward to a Konvoy. We will probably leave Melbourne early for a stop-over with family in Newcastle so will be looking at the Melissa crew. Sounds like a PLAN!

3. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Damn wish I could make this one a little too close to bubs arrival.
    Was pumped for this too, had planned a bigger trip to visit some friends up north too. Very dissapointed but on the other hand the reason I can't is super exciting too.

4. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

^^ I am in the same boat.
    Have not decided yet if I will make the run down solo.

5. Marlyn

Marlyn Active Member

Hi Melissa ,I am planning to leave either Wednesday or Thursday with Dave "Olive" and Mark and Sue .
    Lynda and Cindy are flying up Thursday night ( no flights booked as yet )
    School holidays not being at Easter has stuffed us up a bit .
    I will let you you know when we have set our plans in concrete
    Cheers Mark

6. melissa

No problem Mark. I am probably looking at leaving Newcastle Thursday morning.

7. milly

milly Active Member

Hi Melissa,

We are leaving Port Thursday morning so if you catch up with us that means we have ran into problems with Milly, so be sure to stop and help.;)

Steve.

P.S. Did I just jinx myself ??????:umm::umm:

8. melissa

Of course we would stop!! but you wont need us - you will be a whole leg of the journey ahead of us.

9. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

We will possibly leave Wednesday and stop over in Port Mac for 1 night then do the mission drive up to the Gold Coast.

This may get pushed through to leaving Thursday if something is on as it is not School Holidays in NSW.

If thats the case we will be in a convoy.

Still a few months away so who knows what will happen?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  10. milly

milly Active Member

Hi Scott,

We will be leaving Port early Thursday morning and take our time driving up to the Gold Coast, we have our 2 year old daughter "emilly" as well as our 2 dogs so the stops will be frequent for pit stops etc.

If your plans go ahead as above please stay in touch & we can work something out.

Cheer's

Steve

11. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Sounds good Steve.

Could be a nice convoy.

We are trying to reduce the number of stops these days and if they open the Buladelah by-pass we wont stop till Taree. Every holiday period we just sit in a car park short of that crap town - actually its a nice town - just hate the traffic before it!

Kempsey by-pass should be open too!

That should speed things up!

12. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

Here's a taster for the Gold Coast Bus Stop. You could visit this wonder during Sunday's drive.

[​IMG]

Cheers

13. Sweetpea

Sweetpea New Member

I am Sweetpea, thinking of making the trip from Orange, would love to travel with some one-when and where would I have to meet you as a little nervous as this would be my first outing on my own-also do you need to book a camping spot and where???? Sweetpea 1975 Bay Kombie-

14. Sweetpea

Sweetpea New Member

Would you be coming near Orange?new at this and would prefer to travel in convoy with some one Sweetpea

15. milly

milly Active Member

Hi Sweetpea,
    Call the gold coast holiday park and book a camp site, they have powered, un powered, ensuite sites, big rig site etc.
    I suggest you do it asap as they are filling fast, we are heading up from Port Macqaurie Thursday 28/03/2013 but I dont think that will help with a convoy for you unless you want to head over to port.

regards

steve

16. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

Hi Sweetpea

It would be great to see you. Maybe you could hook up with others coming from Victoria. Keep an eye on the forum to see what they are up to in that respect.

As far as the park is concerned:

Please contact Donna to book, Monday to Thursdays 8.30am - 2.30pm on her direct line 0755 14 4497 or 0755 14 4400 direct email groups@gcpark.com.au and let her know you are booking with the Kombi Club group. Donna has bent over backwards to really look after us. :)

Cheers

17. Juzzy

Juzzy Member

We are thinking about coming up now, will be joining the newcastle convoy!

18. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Well you Juzz better book now!

19. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

We have the week before & after free, so will be cruisin' up with frequent stopovers for a paddle here & there. No doubt will see others on the road.....looking forward to this !! Cheers, Mark

20. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

Last chance to book - the park is filling up

We arranged with Donna at the Park to hold a couple of sites for latecomers. These are filling fast and you will need to be quick to get in. Once the sites are gone the park will be full.

Call Donna on Monday
    07 5514 4497 and make sure you tell her you are with the Kombi Club.

Last chance!!

Cheers

Doug