Time to Start Planning

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2013' started by melissa, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Stage 1 as planned. Arrived in Newcastle (Merriwether) at 3:30. No probs except the fuel sender expired. Reading the odo works. Passed Alice and Woz on the Victorian side of the border.

2. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Glad to hear you are over half way, Alice and Woz are taking the scenic route. It's funny to be reading about everyone's travels, it's usually us up here that have started our journeys by now. I feel a bit ripped off.:)

3. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

It does feel a little like that Lorraine, so I have a bit of a plan in my head...

I'm thinking of heading down to Mullum on Thursday and staying the night there (not that Curtis & Jules know this yet!), getting up early on Friday and heading down to possibly Grafton and then convoying back up with the gang to the Goldie. That way I'll feel like I'm getting some sort of a Kombi convoy experience.

In my head it sounds like a good idea. :p

4. Kombi Kapers

Kombi Kapers Active Member

Terese and me will be leaving Byron Bay Fri am (time not set) if anyone wants to join our convoy of two. Let me know on his forum if interested. John

5. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

Always interested John and Terese....but it is 6 pm here in Adelaide. Cant see me making it. About to head home, pack a bag and back in here for an all nighter. Unhappily, only way to clear the decks for next 5 days. As with all past Bustops, productivity dissipates proportional to proximity of Bustop and the escape/ anonymity I crave. Work will follow me there but the opportunity to chill , a long way from anything is intoxicating ( my favourite adjective...or is it an adverb ? ) AnyHow , sleep on the plane tomorrow a.m. , lunch with CBus will have me looking for adventure come Wed nite. Hooze up fer it. ? Twitchy John Doherty in Adelaide:cool:

6. Alpal

Just get it together JD! You are expected.

7. ruby6689

Love the way you think Julian. Sounds like a good plan, we could meet up on the highway somewhere, we will be taking the long way round through Lismore as Monty will be fresh out of the mechanics (still waiting to hear if he will be ready or not) after a front suspension rebuild thanks to our wonderful local road conditions.

Confer with the others heading up and let us know a time, hopefully we will be able to join you all.:)

8. Alpal

AND
    Just spoke with Mark and we are tagging along with the Newcastle runners leaving tomorrow am. Tickety Boo

9. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

If felt abit unsettled over the past few days as every year now I've been on the road travelling at this time of the year to the Bus Stop....Since last year's road trip I have had very itchy feet to do it again...
    had such a great time that month on the road...priceless moments & good for the soul.
    Depends on where the next Bus Stop is located next year I may plan another big road trip....
    See you all on Friday on the Gold Coast, safe travels everyone :heart:

10. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

We are staying at Red Rock on Thursday night. It is 2.5hrs to Lismore from Red Rock. If we agreed to meet at say 11.00am at Lismore, would that suit? or have you got any other suggestions?

Oops.... not Lismore - I mean Ballina

11. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

We are heading off tomorrow about 11:00am (takes that long to get all our crap - basically empty the whole house into our van - and the kids and the wife ready to hit the road).

Hopefully we can catch a few kombi punters on the road somewhere.

Otherwise see you Busstoppers up there!

12. ruby6689

Weather forecast for the weekend is improving if the latest prediction is right I won't be complaining.:)

FRI
    Showers Early. Partly Sunny. Mild. Humid.
    17 km/hSSW
    1mm(26%)
    72%

SAT

Mostly Sunny. Mild.
    13 km/hESE
    -
    63%

SUN

Morning Clouds. Mild.
    13 km/hE
    -
    66%

MON

Showers Late. Mostly Cloudy. Mild. Humid.
    11 km/hNW
    1mm(26%)
    77%

13. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

Hey John let me know I am at Currumbin. - Looking forward to see you guys again - Liss

14. Alpal

Are these jusl showers or Queensland showers??

15. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Qld showers. with special effects:)

16. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

can soon lighten up the long lunch if desired John:lol:

With legal accompaigner Im sure we can argue our way out of any impediments that may seek to restrict/delay our continuing the journey to goldy late in the day.

col

17. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

I was thinking of heading down the back way too, so that means we could meet in Lismore on the way down. Summerland Way is soooo much better than the Pacific Hwy at the moment with all of the roadworks - that was the way I was getting down to Grafton & Coffs for work. So using Lismore as a base, we could either trek down to Grafton, or choose an easy option and meet the gang at Woodburn. Did I mention earlier that I felt like more of an adventure though... ;)

Melissa, what time did you guys plan on hitting the road in the morning from Red Rock? If it's not crazy early (and I can convince the Keens for a bit of an adventure) then we can meet you guys at South Grafton; which according to Google Maps is approx 40 minutes from where you guys will be staying. Otherwise we've got the option of Woodburn, a further hour up the road from Grafton.

I guess it all depends on what time everyone is planning on getting to the Gold Coast.

18. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

We wouldn't want to leave crazy early Julian - I was thinking 8.30am, seeing that the sun is up pretty early. As far as I am aware, it is just Scott and I, and Mick (Ozzie) and possibly John from Sydney that are in our little group. Let me know what you work out - a convoy would be great :)

19. ruby6689

Sorry Julian although I would love to, there is no way I could convince Andy to go down to Grafton towing Mildred with Monty who is still yet to come home from the mechanics. I sure however that we will be able to join you on the highway somewhere between Bangalow and Byron. :)

20. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Done! I can text you guys when we're heading north and meet you somewhere on the highway. Yay! :)

Right, it looks like I'm the only crazy person... so I guess I'll see you guys at South Grafton around 9'ish then. If I have any issues, I can shoot you a message on FB. :)

If there are any other KC'ers that will be in the general Northern NSW area on Friday morning, don't forget to let us know and hopefully join in on the last leg of the convoy. Should be fun.