Tobias The Remembered

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by Resnort, Sep 19, 2016.

1. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Boreen pt this w.e ?
    ;)

Resnort likes this.
  2. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Wow Bodo 6 months :confused: but good to see you again :D
    Reading back through the thread not sure why i didn't click earlier but German Engineering Services (Sean) @ Bribie Island could be a mechanic to look at if and when needed seeing how Leon's has screwed you about o_O:rolleyes::eek:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018 at 7:48 AM
  3. Resnort

Resnort Active Member

Shaun has worked wonders on the broken mess that it was years ago, he kept me on the road for many years before the inevitable breakdown. Unfortunately due to the aftermarket ECU setup I'm not sure he will be of much help in the current setup.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2018 at 7:49 AM
    Grantus likes this.
  4. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Only one way to find out if Shaun can help ....... Bribie not a bad little place to visit :D

Resnort likes this.
  5. Resnort

Resnort Active Member

I spend a lot of time on Bribie..... I see plenty of it and its traffic :confused:.

I'll ask him, but unless he has a good knowledge of the Links brand ECU and it's tuning I won't waste his time or mine.

Dapom likes this.
  6. Resnort

Resnort Active Member

I'll be there, heading up on the cruise from the northbound BP in moronfield.

7. Resnort

Resnort Active Member

Here we go, this will be photo heavy.
    I've purchased an 89 T3 donor car for parts and to strip and sell off slowly, it has chopped springs and no drivetrain but has more than payed for itself already and a trailer build is in the future for the rest of the shell :eek:

20170813_163256 (Medium).jpg

The wifes bug came home on a tow truck for the first time ever ( about 7years) and she cracked it.... so I sold the bug and bought her a new car.

20170826_092807 (Medium).jpg

the 2 rows of seats and the rubber floor mats came out of the donor, aswell as a few other little bits and peices that my bus has been missing for years. While I was under there I mounted a sub and amp under the back seat for when I get around to adding musics.
    20170827_152301 (Medium).jpg

went camping/walking up at Lamington, this was his first longish road trip which went well enough. But showed that he does need some more tweaking to the tune (not surprised) 20170904_155710 (Medium).jpg

Lowered the bus with some H&R 45/55 springs.... which came down about 42mm at the rear and 65mm at the front. Not totally happy with the stance, but it will do for now. 20171103_162809 (Medium).jpg 20171104_105226 (Medium).jpg

Dapom, Grantus and KahunaKombi like this.
  8. Resnort

Resnort Active Member

Got some new tires, and a full alignment. this is the first time I'd seen the underside of my bus on a hoist :cool: 20171111_093659 (Medium).jpg

Chris came to visit 20171118_145745 (Medium).jpg

did some more camping 20171126_072057 (Medium).jpg

Nils came to visit 20171214_162527 (Medium).jpg

Finally installed my Distributor so I could hand back the borrowed one. 20171219_180528 (Medium).jpg

bought 2 boxes of Butyl sound deadener to go with the stereo install......and drivers door replacement.
    no hurry on this as I have other things to do first. Thanks Chris for the head unit :cool: 20180109_120011 (Medium).jpg

Finally called Leon motors about the spark plug leads as my fix up job on the busted ones was starting to stutter. No dramas on their end, they happily sent me new ones, and I found out that Andrew the tuner no longer works there. So I'll need to find someone else to finish the tune. also added some iridium spark plugs 20180118_183203 (Medium).jpg

9. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

One fail in the beetle in 7 years and she cracks??
    How does she handle you having a kombi ?:eek::D

Miss Rosie likes this.
  10. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

No worries re the stereo mate! The bits I got off your doner van let me sort a fair few issues on Bernard :)

Resnort likes this.
  11. Resnort

Resnort Active Member

She did love the car. But driving an old manual without aircon in everyday automatic traffic was getting to her. The breakdown was the final straw.....if the Kia makes 7 years without a breakdown I'll be both surprised and happy.

The upside is I only have 1 car to tinker on and worry about now.

12. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

And to be fair....kias are a nice drive! That’s something I never thought I’d say but really don’t mind driving the wife’s one.

Resnort likes this.
  13. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Even the wife’s SAAB is a nice drive..........on a hot day.

There are def days where it’s just too hot to cruise in a Kombi, as the aircon is sooooo nice in a vehicle pumping out icy temps from the vents. :p