1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today in Melbournes Herald Sun

Discussion in 'Kombi Spotting' started by wenmac, Feb 4, 2016.

1. wenmac

wenmac Active Member

This little story was in today's paper

Attached Files:

2. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

As usual. Some dipstick reporter cant be bothered checking and makes up what they don't know.

Borgey likes this.
  3. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Research something - why let the truth get in the way of a good story o_O:confused:

4. BrissyGeorge

BrissyGeorge Active Member

So for those of us not in the know, please advise where the reporter missed the mark.

5. AC-T3

AC-T3 Well-Known Member

Reads like a good free advertorial. Well done Sasha.

6. wenmac

wenmac Active Member

I don't know where the reporter has gone wrong but the way I see it is that there are people out there that believe everything they read and with this story, it makes the Kombi more desirable and therefore worth more $.

7. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

the Australian price of 202k is not a world record.
    A quick search would reveal that.
    and the kombi restorer should be aware if he was asked.
    Also the suggestion of paying up to 200k may be correct in isolated instances and in essence but is misleading and a lot of dickheads take it at face value and think all their poorly bogged versions are worth unrealistic money as well.
    At some point people need to learn that a full resto is a very different animal from a bogged and blinged rustbucket

StevieVW and Ninga like this.
  8. wenmac

wenmac Active Member

I agree with you cbus, the 200k price tag is rare and an easy stat to check. People read that stuff and think that nice looking Kombis are worth bucket loads, friends of mine are the same. They see top dollar being paid for a 23 window, for arguments sake, and they think my stock '75 bus is worth a fortune. I wish it was but it's only worth that much to me. I love her, lol.