Trakka Camper Fresh water tank replacement

Discussion in 'T3 & T4 Tech Help Clinic' started by Patroni, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Patroni

Patroni New Member

Hi all,

I'm looking to at least run new hoses and fittings for the kitchen in my 1985 Trakka campervan.
    I'm assuming if this is something I'm going to do, I may as well out a new tank in at the same time.

Is this something people have undertaken? any tips or advice? things to consider?

currently, my tap is a hand pump design and I plan to keep it this way.

this is the tank I am thinking of buying,

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/55-Litr...w-t25-1000-L-x-300-W-x-190-High-/121743067742

Thanks,

Syncro27 likes this.
  2. TheMonk

TheMonk Member

Hi Patroni, I have a Trakka camper van setup in my T3. The tank I have is currently out but I plan to put it back in later. The tank holds around 40 litres I guess, is aluminium and is purpose made for the T3 to fit under the floor. I will only use it for showering after I refit it. I don't like the idea of drinking the contents of an aluminum tank. I have a 15 liter plastic water container under the sink conected to the 12v tap on the sink we use for drinking or what ever, its simple to remove, empty and fill. So, yes its straight forward to replace your hoses and fittings but it may require removing one of you cabinets to gain access to the filling point if your set up is like mine. John.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  3. David H

David H Well-Known Member