1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Travelling and fine tuning………..

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by GW2200, Nov 29, 2021.

1. GW2200

GW2200 Active Member

Every time I went on trip I believed I had got the Syncro camper organised perfectly and that living and travelling in it would need no adjustments or improvements - I mean things were perfect - WRONG. Thirty years of campervan travelling and I am still adjusting/improving things.

However, having been a keen bushwalker during the 1960s I learned three principle things about travelling on legs and living out of a rucksack: 1. Lightweight things. 2. Compact things. 3. Everything must have dual or more purpose, if possible.

And that is how I view my Syncro when travelling: The heavier the load the more mechanical stress and fuel is needed (bushwalking legs understood this). Forget aesthetics; eg why have fixed cup handles when folding handles will give you more practical space for necessities (rucksack space dictated function). You CAN have stuff to do everything you need, especially if you go for dual purpose wherever possible, eg an IPhone allows communication and also photograph taking (saves weight and space).

Of course, if you are travelling in a Syncro camper for the purpose of enjoyment, luxuries will creep inside - but a little attention to these principles should make the trip easier.

Ryszard

2. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Bingo! You mention an Iphone. Is that what you are attempting to load pics up onto this forum from? :rolleyes:

3. GW2200

GW2200 Active Member

No, no, no. I am not that cryptic so as to have planted a clue pertaining to my latest new member post, lol.

I do have an IPhone and IPad and now armed with the ‘how to’ from others (thank you) I’ll get to it with help from an in-law computer guru. Thanks again everyone.

4. Grantus

You may not even need the help, and surprise yourself, and get the desired result. ;)

Click on link, and start your lesson from Post# 37.

https://forums.kombiclub.com/threads/posting-pics.16182/page-2

:)

5. GW2200

GW2200 Active Member

Thanks - My homework begins.

6. Grantus

Looking forward to the pics! :)