1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to find Dave Shurman, "Aircooled Motors" Queensland

Discussion in 'Performance' started by Kate, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Kate

Kate Member

Hi guys,

Rocky had an awesome engine built for him 7 years back by a man I believe is called Dave Shurman.
    His business name at that time was Aircooled Motors, 10 Chestnut Drive, Murrumba Downs, QLD.

I am wondering whether I have the first name wrong and the spelling, and maybe he has opened a new business called Volks Conversions which is located in Labrador.

Rocky still runs brilliantly, I just want to give the engine a big birthday (dropping it out), to address mainly oil leaks before a very big trip planned. I am learning to do some of the engine maintenance myself, but dropping the engine out and ensuring he runs as well as he does now (minus oil leaks) is beyond my capabilities, or more so, experience. Ya ya, I know we only learn one way but anyway...

Any help or even recommendations in case Volks Conversions is not the same person would be greatly appreciated.

I will be somewhere between Sydney and Queensland for the engine birthday plans.

Cheers,

Kate

2. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Hi Kate.
    Don't know a Dave Shurman but John Shurman is volks conversions and has been same for many years.
    Don't think he does engines. Just engineers and sells modification parts.

If you can't find original builder I would confidently reccomend Sean at German engineering , Bribie island.
    Cheers
    Col

3. Kate

Kate Member

Hi Col,

Cheers! I think they are different people but I really appreciate the recommendation, thank you very much!

Kate

4. Mellow Yellow 74

Mellow Yellow 74 Active Member

Why don’t you ring him up and ask?

5. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Volks Conversion has always been in or around Labrador for as long as I can remember & that's going back close on 30 years.
    Col is correct in that John does not do engines just engineering of parts and slae of some basic bits and pieces.

Recommendation for engine work or general VW service :rolleyes: ........ where are you and where do you want to travel to :oops: