Tuross falls camping

Discussion in 'ACT' started by KanadaKombi, Dec 26, 2008.

1. KanadaKombi

KanadaKombi New Member

Hi all merry xmas,
    Anyone got some good info for camping at Tuross falls?
    Are the roads accessible for 2wd camper??
    Cheers
    Jeremy

2. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

If you are thinking of The Cascades camping area out on the Tuross East of Cooma and Numerella, the road should be OK. I have taken my '82 camper down in to that camping area and been able to get back out OK. In one of my camping books it says that the road can be a little rough at times especially after rain and yet another says 4WD only. I am thinking of going down that way somewhere tomorrow. It can be a bit crowded by the 4WD set at this time of year. There were pit toilets last time I was down there.

3. KanadaKombi

KanadaKombi New Member

Kombi Dad,
    Yes we were thinking of this area, heading in tomorrow maybe.
    It has been pretty wet today but supposed to be dry for the rest of the week.
    Will keep an eye out for your van.
    I have noticed your contributions to the camping section are quite extensive.
    Any other suggestions in the area if this campsite doesn't pan out??
    Cheers
    Jeremy

4. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Hey Kombi Dad,

Just noticed that in the last few days, you managed to sneak into the 1000 post "Guru" status, without anyone noticing! :eek:

Except me....

Well done, and once the rest here sober up, they will probably notice too! :)

5. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

I didn't get to the Cascades. We ended up at 3 Mile Dam up near Kiandra for three days. Two days were great but the third was the typical cold, wet snap of the high country. We went that way so the son could get closer to Melbourne and not have as far to travel. Did you get the the Cascades?