1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK Kombi Hire

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Marlyn, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Marlyn

Marlyn Well-Known Member

Hi KC , we are planning holiday in the UK later this year late Sept / Early Oct. We have a rough plan so far which takes in a kombi festival in England
    Also being hatched is to hire a Kombi in Ireland type 2 camper and mooch about !
    Has anyone done this ? OR know someone who has ?
    We have identified a place that hires Kombi's and they have one almost the same colour as our Gweney . We realise the price of fuel will be hexy but should be off set by not needing motels /B&B
    Any feedback will be appreciated
    Mark & Lynda :D

2. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Most people that I know that have hired Kombis in the UK have had nothing but trouble.

Are you going to Vanfest?

You'll love it! I've been 3 times.

3. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

4. beerboy

beerboy Well-Known Member

september can be nice but I would plan for rain and cold personally. I dont think you will really want to be in a campervan in october in ireland. More likely a pub with a fire I would think. travelodge formula1 places were dirt cheap the last time I was back

vanfest is a great show, and the malverns hills are a great spot

5. fancy-bug

fancy-bug Member

Hi,

Good luck with your travels, i live over in Uk, there are a few companies that hire old campers

Strictly campers - www.strictlycampers.com

South west - www.southwestcamperhire.com

o'connors - oconnorscampers.co.uk

and new Danbury ones with Golf engines

MJ warner - www.MJwarner.co.uk

or T5's

greenhill campers - www.greenhillcampers.co.uk

There are a few others too.

August and September, there is a show nearly every week somewhere, both in england and ireland.

The Eireball run ( http://www.eireball.com/) is a good way to see ireland with lots of other campers, and its normally the start of august, and the weather is OK, its gets chilly by mid september in ireland (low teens C).

Santa pod has a good show (VW Action - One of the best family shows of the year, with drag racing) the end of august 31 ish, well reccomended.

Hope this helps, if you need anything else just email or PM

:D

6. Marlyn

Marlyn Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone our tickets are payed for and the planning is in full swing .stay tuned for an update ,!

7. Marlyn

Marlyn Well-Known Member

Update .."we have decided not to hire a Kombi but we will attend the Berkley Castle VW Festival 30th Sept , GloucesterShire counting down now ...
    Thanks for all responses
    Mark

8. beerboy

beerboy Well-Known Member

Dont want to put a downer on your trip but uk been very wet. Take your gum boots or buy some wellies when you arrive :)
    A lot of UK shows have been cancelled or been very wet. Check on volkszone forumns someone is usually in the know or phone before travelling
    Have a great trip and take an empty case prices looking good last time I went a year ago lol