1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uk kombi hotspots?

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by deepburn13, Aug 25, 2014.

1. deepburn13

deepburn13 Member

Hi all. Im going to be in London/touring the UK in sep/oct and was just wondering if there are any kombi hotspots to check out in my travels?? Eg shows or museums or shops etc?

Cheers,
    Scott

2. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Aspro (Chris) is over there and should be able to help you out :D

3. Marlyn

Marlyn Well-Known Member

We planned to do the same 2 years ago however floods stopped the event at Berkley Castle . You will find events slow up as the weather gets colder but here are a few
    Have a great holiday cheers !
    5th/7th Busfest - See you there!! Malvern Showground, Worcs, WR13 6NW
    (Find us in the Wye Hall)
    www.busfest.org
    12th/14th Field of Dreams - Aircooled VW Show York Racecourse, York, YO1 2EX
    12th/14th Beautiful Budel Budel, Netherlands
    13th/15th Back 2 Basics 6 Birdingbury Showground, Warwickshire
    26th/28th Dubs in the Forest Milford on Sea, Hampshire
    26th/28th Retro Dub Suffolk Trinity Park, Ipswich, Suffolk. IP38UH

October 2014
    3rd/5th Oktoberfest River Dart Country Park, Ashburton, Devon

If you are an event organiser and would like to see your event listed here please email us with all the details and we will add your event.

4. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Busfest is a must!

I've been to 4 of them.

5. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

Busfest if you can get here in time for sure. 5-7th September at Malvern. About 3 hours drive from London but the UK's biggest VW show. October the 4th is Brighton Breeze on the Brighton foreshore. There are plenty of other shows on. Can't vouch for any of them apart from the 2 I've mentioned. See here. http://www.vwshows.com/shows.php?year=2014

If you want to see lots of VW's cruising the streets then head down to Cornwall. Weather has taken a turn in the last 3 weeks. More like a typical UK summer now. They're predicting another spell of warmer weather soon. Hope you're greeted by sunshine.

6. deepburn13

deepburn13 Member

Thanks so much guys! Looks like some of the dates might work out! Cheers!

7. beerboy

beerboy Well-Known Member

You are coming to the end of the show season as its winter. vanfest sorry busfest is a really good show and brighton breeze is good as brighton is a good place for the weekend. Not sure if any "shop" places exist. have you thought about Wolfsburg and the autostat? maybe post on vzi or volkshub

8. deepburn13

deepburn13 Member

Yeah I looked at Wolfsburg but dates and logistics etc didnt work out. Thanks for the other ideas! Will certainly check em out!

9. beerboy

You also have slough swap meet which is a indoor table top show. actually used to be one of my favs. usually raining sunday show.
    only other places I can think of is beaulieu motor museum in the new forest. and the haines motor musem. never been.
    brooklands motor musem in Weybridge is another one. next to the Mercedes benz world. easy train ride out of London.
    only a few miles from where I used to live but typically never been. not far from maclaren too but I don't think they do tours :)
    enjoy plenty to see and do and the right time of year for a pint of bitter and a packet of crisps

10. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

Good call, totally forgot about Bealieu. They hold and annual autojumble which is apparently the biggest one in the world. Unfortunately it clashes with Beusfest. I'll make it down to one of them eventually. http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/beaulieu-events/international-autojumble

11. deepburn13

deepburn13 Member

Awesome cheers everyone! Were only in london for a few days here and there. Looking like busfest might be the only one that works with our dates. May also be hiring a camper and driving to Cornwall to stay for a night or two. Getting pretty excited!

12. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

When are you arriving Scott. I'll try and hook up with you at Busfest and introduce you to a few people. Good chance to make some Euro contacts.

13. deepburn13

deepburn13 Member

That'd be great! We arrive in london on the 5th of sep around 2pm, then leave for athens on the 6th around the 4:30pm, so its going to be tight but if i can i want to do a day trip to Malvern on the morning of the 6th. Have to see how it goes but thats the rough plan at this point.

14. MrBubbleHead

MrBubbleHead Active Member

If the weather is good you'll see veedubs everywhere around Cornwall. I used to frequent a small coastal town of st Agnes a stones throw from Newquay. Slough swap meet was a last chance of the season indoor event worth every effort to find that hard to get part.
    Vanfest at Malvern three counties show ground, I only went to the first two back in the mid/late nintyies before travelling overseas. All I can see is it just has kept growing and I'm planning to return to at some point in the future.
    Have fun if the sun is out just head for the nearest vw event.

15. MrBubbleHead

Double post

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  16. beerboy

September can be nice in the uk but personally I would plan not too freeze. thermal underwear and beanie and a decent coat.
    First port of call I find is TK max. where you can get all your clothing cheap cheap cheap lol. warm coat is not a fashion accessory lol. have a pint by the fire for me

17. PorscheKombi

PorscheKombi New Member

18. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

Not this year dude. Weather has gone mental. No snow this winter followed by one of the warmest summers. High teens throughout September. Check it. http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/london/ec4a-2/month/328328?monyr=9/01/2014

19. deepburn13

deepburn13 Member

cheers for the links guys! Very helpful

20. MrBubbleHead

Enjoy seems the weather is well and truly on your side still:)