1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unregistered Vehicle Permit - Qld to NSW

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Barry, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

I am considering buying something in Qld that will need transferring to NSW
    It will be sold unregistered

Gathering I just apply for an Unregistered Vehicle Permit - Qld and same for NSW

https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-unregistered-vehicle-permit

https://www.service.transport.qld.gov.au/unregisteredvehiclepermit/public/Welcome.xhtml?dswid=7978

Now, reading the NSW one, I will need to go into a NSW Service Centre.
    Is this the same in Qld - or can I do it all on line?

It will be a hassle if I have to pick the car up and the go in person to a centre up there?
    Was hoping you can do it on line

Any help appreciated

Barry

Luckyphil likes this.
  2. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Hey Barry,

Can't advise re Qld Tansport and applying for the permit on line ...... tried using their site a couple of times and it said I had no cars registered = so why was I paying CTP and registration on 3 for :rolleyes:.
    Moving the Type3 from NSW to QLD it was easier to go into RMS office and wasn't too painful.

May try and dig around the site and see what it says.

Cheers,
    Bert

3. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Is it Red ? :)

Syncro27 likes this.
  4. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

I have done unregistered vehicle permit in qld. All online and then print out the authorisation letter. Don’t know about nsw :)

ruby6689 likes this.
  5. Longrasser

Longrasser Active Member

Unregoed permit in NSW is pretty straight forward. It consists of a Permit to Travel ( unregistered vehicle) form from the RTA or online. It's basically a stat-dec stating that the vehicle is road worthy and compliant with a road- registerable vehicle. You give the date/s of travel, exact location of departure and exact location of arrival and sign your name away. Less than $30. Just make sure that everything is working as it should on the vehicle. If you get pulled over and find lights out etc, they will screw you to the ground.

David H likes this.
  6. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Unrego permit in the ACT is not that kind......

I enquired earlier this week, and they will only issue a 12 hour permit for use between 7am and 7pm, for $44. :(

7. KahunaKombi

Caravelle85 likes this.
  8. Caravelle85

Caravelle85 Active Member

I was having a look at the QLD site as well as I need to do this myself on a car I bought a few weeks back. It can definitely be done online but you have to enter a driver's licence number on the form, I wonder if there are any smarts in there to only accept a QLD licence number/format? It doesn't ask for a state of issue of licence as far as I could see. Only way to find out I guess is to try it with a NSW licence number or call to ask

KahunaKombi likes this.
  9. KahunaKombi

My thoughts also velle85 :rolleyes:;)