1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Up for grabs

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Bay_Buddha, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Bay_Buddha

Bay_Buddha Member

I have removed most of what I can from my '77 camper... I have to get rid of the body as I can't keep it out the front.

I think it'll be here for another couple of weeks before i'm finished but i'd be more than happy to help anyone in Sydney with any bits they're after. Noteably the pop top and rock and roll bed... it's a sopru conversion with the original bed and shaped upholstery.

The body is pretty far gone, none of the Vw wreckers want her but i'd be happy to offload her to someone rather than the scrap.

Let me know if your interested!

Phill

2. Schmoburger

Schmoburger Active Member

I'm interested hehehe... I might be up that way sometime shoonish anyway... how far are you north of Shydney?

Give me a call on 02 44435267

3. Bay_Buddha

Bay_Buddha Member

Sorry kids forgot pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Bay_Buddha

Bay_Buddha Member

5. CAMPERCRAZY

CAMPERCRAZY Member

Hi Phil, I am interested in the Gas door and bottle housing. Can you send me a close up pick of the door and bottle housing seperate. Just doing a resto on my Supru and I have a steel door at the moment and want to replace with an original. Will pay all costs to you. I am in Melbourne. I may only need the door if the bottle housing is the same as mine.

Thanks. I am desperate to get this as the camper will go to the paint shop in the next couple of weeks and I want this painted as well.

Thanks

Jason

6. Schmoburger

Hey BB, how much would it cost to send the fuel cap, window winder mechanisms, front emblem, mirrors, and perhaps even the steering box? :)

This is assuming I dont come up and grab everything off there that i worthwhile keeping..... or not worthwhile keeping but still cool to have hehehe.

CHeers!

7. Bay_Buddha

Bay_Buddha Member

Sorry guys been out for a couple o' days...

I will get out there sometime today and snap some pics of the gas bottle housing etc.

I tried calling the other day and left a message for ya Schmo. Mate, the window winders are boned (the home made winders I see often on busses are quite fascinating!). The front emblem looks very brittle but if it comes off intact it's yours I don't have a key for the fuel cap but if you want it thats cool. I sent a PM mate so give me a buzz if you want.

Finishing off the Tranny today then its the front end and i'm done!

Thirsty Thursdays!!!
    Phill.

8. Bay_Buddha

Bay_Buddha Member

Your Pm's are full schmo... Here's the message I was gonna send.

Sorry 'Bout that mate!

Thanks for calling... I will pack the mirrors, fuel cap and the badgie up and i'll give you a call when they're in the post.

Cheers .
    Phill

P.S I'm stoked to hear you have my busses on your PC... I should have sent that pic to Roy for his calendar huh!

9. Schmoburger

No wukkas Phil... *sigh*.. the wonders of modern technology eh! :D

Thanks for that... great talkin to ya :)

CHeers!

10. CAMPERCRAZY

CAMPERCRAZY Member

Thanks Phil, pics of the gas lid and bottle holder would be great. Looks like the one I need.

Thanks

Jason

11. Schmoburger

Hey Phil... another couple of requests for bits from the JB crew have come in... specifically, the front and rear indicator/taillight lenses and the accelerator pedal... :)

Any chance ya could throw these in with the other stuff?

CHeers!

PS while I think about it does it have the underdash fans in it still?.. my drivers side one rattles like hell... even when it's turned off! :eek:

12. beerboy

beerboy Well-Known Member

be keen on the front doors and the engine lid if they are ok condition. thanks mate

13. Bay_Buddha

Bay_Buddha Member

Ok guys I will put up links for photos of the drivers side door and gas bottle holder.

Drivers door pics...

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/Bay_Buddah/DSCF0254.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/Bay_Buddah/DSCF0253.jpg

The passenger door is too far gone (rust, bog, dings etc.) But the driver's is great aside from the spots in the pics. The engine lid is in great condition and the latch works well... let me know if you want to pic them up beerboy.

Now Jason and Lorraine have both expressed interest in the cover for the gas bottle. I received Lorraine's PM first so if you like the pics Lorraine, I can work out postage. If not I’ll let Jason know!

As for the gas bottle housing it's in good cond and if you still want it Jason I can drill out the rivets holding it in.

Here are the pics...

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/Bay_Buddah/DSCF0250.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/Bay_Buddah/DSCF0249.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/Bay_Buddah/DSCF0246.jpg

Schmo... The acc pedal has been previously broken and gloriously riveted back in place. I dare say your mate will have better luck elsewhere with that one. I'll throw in all the indicators with the other lot mate... As I said on the phone I want to send as little to the wreckers as possible (I have a serious case of the guilt’s sending a kombi to such an ugly fate!)

Anyone else with requests don't hesitate! (Also any bits I should save for a rainy day please let me know.)

Thanks for the interest everyone!

Phill

14. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Thanks Phill for the pics...the one I have is actualy in better nic, just the vent that has a small hole in it...all yours Jason if you want it.....thanks again Phill will keep looking..........Lorraine

15. kombikid76

kombikid76 New Member

hey im after the whole drivers side middle window sill upto about 5cm below the rib. If your willing to do some hacking and its not rusty let me know.

16. Schmoburger

Cheers Phil... oh btw.. another request hehehe (for me again this time... I just cant help myself...:eek:), can ya save the front bumper, sun visors, steering box, wiper motor and linkages, top engine access hatch and front swaybar for me if ya can be assed getting em off? :)

Oh and the skidpan underneath the nose if it still has it...

If ya can get em off and squirrel them away up there I will come and pick these items up at the first opportunity I get to go up that way. :cool:

If I'm up there before ya chuck the body I will knock the poptop off too if it's got the canvas in it still... a poptop with half decent canvas is too good a thing to waste...

I'll also take the RnR bed if nobody else wants it... but if they do wants it they are free to have it.

Oh and what are the front seats like?

Gah I'm going to bed now before I think of anything else I want :eek:

Cheers!

17. kombikid76

kombikid76 New Member

schmo the serial hoarder lol...

im sure youve already got 3 of everything just requested :p

18. Bay_Buddha

Bay_Buddha Member

I'm on it...

Sorry guys. Between work and bushfires i've been tied up.

I will get onto the cost of postage this week and be in touch with you all.

T.A
    Phill

19. Schmoburger

Cheers mate!

Our phone lines out at the moment due to our useless national telecommunications provider failing to seal there lines from the rain, so ya can get me on my mobile on 0412723469. :)

Ave a good one!

20. talkingdreams

talkingdreams New Member

Can U Supply Some Parts 4 Me?

Hi,
    I have a 1977 kombi & Im trying 2 get it roadworthy.
    Unfortunately I live in Central Vic so I am unable to take whole van,
    however I need the following parts ugently:
    fuel tank sender unit & Valve (Nozzle) for the windscreen washer bottle.
    Would u be interested in sending them down to me if u have them.
    Id be happy to pay a reasonable price including the postage,
    hope u can help,
    regards,