1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upcoming Leavers Dinner for Daughter

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by heartland, Dec 11, 2007.

1. heartland

heartland New Member

Eve finishes Grade 6 on the 20th Dec and they are having a leavers dinner - 18 Dec - all the kids are 12 so nothing too flash - just casual and fun - anyway she said to me the other day "Wish we knew someone with a cool car that could drop me off" - "Hello I say, we have a kombi" - "Yeah but Mum if it was split like 4hammers I would for sure but Big Ted?".

Skip forward a couple of days and Eve comes home from school to tell us that one of the boys has asked if he can be her date to the dinner - "Just friends" she says. "No problem say I - is he going to pick you up or are we picking him up" - "Not sure" she answers.

Skip forward another couple of days "Mum, Jack wants to know if you will take us in the Kombi?" "What say I - I knew I liked that boy" - "Yeah Mum he thinks its hell sick and has been bugging me all day till I said yes".

So a nice young man with good taste in girls (of course) and has a liking for kombis - I think he's hell sick (LOL) don't tell Eve I said that though.;)

2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Aaaw Jane..thats so sweet... we will expect photos of course!;) :)

3. kombimatt

kombimatt Active Member

Mildred has her own 'gig' next week too.

I little fella I have been tutoring asked if I would take him to the leavers dinner in her!

Cool how the young 'uns dig Kombis too!

4. heartland

heartland New Member

Cool - we'll both have to post pics of the big events.

Where is the gig you are of to?

5. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Thats so cute Jane....that boy has taste!!!
    in nice girls & great cars...
    Don't forget the kodak...would love to see pics please
    Judy

6. kombimatt

kombimatt Active Member

Local Primary school at the Local Watering Hole - very short drive but he'll still look cool arriving

7. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

LOL....nice story :)
    Of course, if anyone down here needed a leavers dinner ride, i would be more than happy to do it for nix.
    Here is some advice if you do happen to take a bunch of girls to a leavers dinner...Get some earplugs & just befpore you pull into sight of the event, where everyone is outside, bung them in. I have had my eardrums near ruptured too many times from the screams of "OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH" that the girls seem to need to do just as well pull up! lol...Lots of fun :)

Rob J

8. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Such a great story Jane - I hope Eve has a blast and that the nice young man with the great taste in all areas keeps both of his arms exactly where they should be!

Imagine how indignant Ted would look if she was to go off in any other Kombi?

(As an aside, I was asked to help at the Year 7 Graduation ceremony - our kids finish primary school in Year 7 up in QLD - last night. I'm a Year 6 parent and we worked our little fingers to the bone serving up food and drinks to 300 people - I didn't realise it was such a massive deal, but I know where Rob is coming from with the whole screaming thing. OMG!! No wonder I came home with a headache. I plan to take Ruby's voicebox out before she hits tweenie-dom, as she is damn loud already at 5). :D

9. heartland

heartland New Member

She had a change of heart this morning and again thinks it's naff to go in Big Ted - I tell you the girl has no taste!

Jack has his heart set on arriving in a Kombi so maybe we can talk her into it - but she seems pretty determined not to!

Go figure - she is about to go on a 18 day trip on the Mainland in the Kombi so she'd better get used to riding in Big Ted!!!!!!!!

10. heartland

heartland New Member

She didn't change her mind back - she ended up going to her leavers dinner on a boat (belongs to her girlfriends family) with her girlfriend and two fine young men - Eve is the taller girl and Jack is the cool looking dude with long curly hair who wanted to go in the Kombi......He even asked me if I would at least take them in the Kombi to the yacht club - but alas Tony was out and about and busy in Big Ted.

[​IMG]

11. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Go Eve - she's very tall. Where does she get that from, Jane? ;)

Go the curls - they look great. How swisho for them to arrive in a BOAT. Not as cool as Ted, but pretty damn cool.

Glad she had a good time.