1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Us in a club? A Kombi club?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TIPRAT, Nov 6, 2006.

1. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Well done Frank, I only found this club whilst looking at kombi gear on Ebay. Then found Roys kombi stuff and at the end was check out the kombi club.

cheers brian and cathy

2. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

@ Kc

Must post my 20c worth here too...
    I have been involved with many clubs & still am.
    So I am not knocking clubs but have been round long enough to have "seen it all". as many others have on here also.
    This is a NO bulls..t club - a club that has NO meetings, NO membership, & NO dramas...
    Most members here are a bit MORE mature than others, MORE relaxed & MORE willing to accept anyone even associated with a kombi.

I am a person who will go to any event just for the love of Volkswagens, to support & assist anyone wanting to know about them or help them with anything remotely associated with Volkswagens and I also organize runs/events/etc for ALL owners of volkswagens (Not just Kombi's)...
    so I will just say, Some of the niceist people I have ever meet are in the KC
    PS: & no one seems to mind that I roll up in my beetle at any KC event. :) LOL
    Cheers Guys
    Judy

rstucke likes this.
  3. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

judy, you are a great person and a great kc member.

what else can i say.

cheers brian and cathy

4. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

I too found the KC through Ebay and Roy.
    The best thing is I have made a great friend, Judy who took me under her wing immediately...we have the Monday night "widows club" going now where we talk for hours on the phone, we also meet for lunch, coffee etc between our hectic work/home/vw schedules.
    Every time my husband and I attend an event with KC we meet more great members. :D
    Bring on the Bus Stop next Easter, can't wait to meet all you other cyber KC members.......I'm hooked!.......regards Lorraine:)

5. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

You're gem Judy and I agree with your scribe - at the events I attend I'm always checking to see if your charasmatic Bug is there :).

6. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

I found the KC through the intial posts by Roy on AVD and supported the concept from day dot - it is a great infectious place to visit is this club of ours

7. soovee

soovee New Member

I am getting very excited...haven't been online so much lately, but my family and myself are about to relocate to Adelaide, and my husband and I are both hanging out to go along to a kombi club event! We have been reading emails telling us about them and are anxiously looking for one after the 27th Nov.....we tried a club out here, but found they didn't share our outlook....either that or they were happy with the members they already had and didn't feel they needed to welcome new ones. You guys though, on this forum (in Adelaide or elsewhere) sound like you enjoy yourselves a lot, and we look forward to meeting some of you face to face next month!

8. kommodius

kommodius Active Member

You are going to have SO much fun in Adelaide!!

Looking forward to seeing you down here and following you on a run!

Ray & da Boyz

9. soovee

soovee New Member

Thanks Ray (and da boyz!!!),
    we are certainly looking forward to it, unfortunately the big move is on the 27th, so we miss the Glenelg day by a mere 24 hours!!!!
    The computer will be the first thing unpacked though, so hopefully we will make the next run!

10. SnowWhite

SnowWhite New Member

We are happy with anyone we can attract - sovee you'll be so welcome in our mob

11. soovee

soovee New Member

thanks!!! Already I feel welcome.....I hope you guys have a get-together after the 27th and before Christmas......

12. SnowWhite

SnowWhite New Member

Christmas lights in the hills - 15 Dec - more soon

13. kommodius

kommodius Active Member

I'm not doing that one again Jo!!
    Last time I did it me and my dozen or so mates were busted by the cops in our mini moke!! ......... yeah it was a tight fit, but we were REALLY good mates!! ............ and smashed off our crusts!!

Ray & ........... I can't remember your honour.

14. soovee

soovee New Member

We're there! sounds awesome, writing it on the calendar now!!
    woohoo!

15. TIPRAT

TIPRAT New Member

Welcome soovee, we will just have to organise a bbq get together to welcome you and your mob.

16. soovee

soovee New Member

sounds great, Tiprat!

17. Diddlie

Diddlie New Member

What a lovely thread, it made me go all goosey.

18. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

Have just found this thread and I must say that I agree with all said both Rex (hubby) and myself are very new Kombi owners and are in the more mature age bracket but..after meeting with quite a few members last week I feel totally relaxed and welcomed and can't wait for the Chrissy get together this Saturday....and after meeting two members at the weekend my husband said what a lovely young couple they were (you know who you are) LOL.We are not and never will be the clubby type of people but do enjoy a laugh and a good time and I am sure we will find it here at Kombi Club.

Merry Xmas to you and yours and may all your xmas wishes come true

Kaye

19. Stompywomp

Stompywomp New Member

Now ya talkin!

Yep...Tiprat....the only other "club" that comes close is the Hash House Harriers! Rule number one....there are no rules!

20. Michael

Michael Member

Agree. And is more like a group rather than a club (well said Saggas).
    I tend to shy away from most clubs as you're made to feel like you have to commit a certain day every week or..., and can feel pressured if not participating etc. This appears to be come and go as you please, and basically ...be nice and enjoy yourselves. Easy and casual.
    That combined with a stack of advice, and even ideas, to help even the most basic unit like myself (I aint too tech minded)
    A great place to hang. Thanks to those responsible.