Us in a club? A Kombi club?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TIPRAT, Nov 6, 2006.

1. wendy

wendy Member

what a legend

Respect 4 tiprat took the words right out of my mouth brother,Ive had a couple kombis previous and have found a real aura about us all,Shauno Wendys hubby.

2. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

sometimes members should read old posts, to remind ouselves what the KC is all about:)

3. loubee

loubee New Member

Totally agree with all the posts.....we only joined a few weeks ago and everyone has been great. Really looking forward to the Toodyay meet - providing other half puts some stuff back in Maisie ie seats......:D

4. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

I agree with all, Ive only been a member for a few weeks as well and im already doing everything i can to get out of a birthday party so i can make it to bris on the 28th for my first meetup.

5. Tickle

Tickle Active Member

I love the welcome and the never judgemental comments from all. No one is ever negative (no matter what silly question I ask).
    It's great to be able to share the passion of all things Kombi. Sometimes friends and family get sick of me talking about what I've done and going to do, where as
    on here, everyone shares the same passion.
    I don't even know how I stumbled onto the site, but in one day I had seen my kombi advertised for sale, asked other members on their opinion and later that week, (with checklist in hand) purchased my first kombi.

p.s I knew as soon soon as I saw Custard come round the corner that she was mine and the checklist didn't even make it out of the bag. :)

David H likes this.
  6. gemma

gemma New Member

Should be read first

concur wholey and solely

7. kommodius

kommodius New Member

Just thought I'd give this a bump.
    If you haven't read the first post of this thread then I suggest strongly that you do. It really is worth a read.
    Things haven't changed a bit.
    When I joined this lovely group of folks (thanks for the invite Roy) one of the most exciting, fun bits of the banter was a silly competition to guess when our 200th member would sign on.
    It's been a while since then but the "feel" is much the same. Lots of different people with a common madness.. a shared interest in a strange and tempremental bus. What could be wierder, what could be less obvious but what could be more natural?
    Still love it and still learn from it pretty much every day.

Brilliant post Tiprat, see ya soon mate!

Ray & da Boyz

p.s. Tiprat's CD (including such classics as; "Geez I love campin' " ) should be on sale at all good music stores, but isn't, so PM the bloke to secure your copy.

8. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Indeed and excellent post... :)

Is there are "member number" allocated to each?

Or just the tally on the forum? :rolleyes:

9. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Great time to bump this thread Ray as we are now only 1 away from the 4000th member:D I also remember the excitement waiting for the 200th WOW look how we've grown, and there are so many more wonderful people to share our lives with:heart:

Grantus, the members list used to be done numerically but grew too big and was then made alphabetical. There is a way to see what member no you are....but I cannot work how:eek: Woz sent several PM's to me last night on this very subject, either I'm dumb or I'm running a different system.

10. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

This worked on my PC but not for Lorraine:

If you hover your mouse over a person's Username, you will hopefully see a link that ends with say u=xxxx... if you were to click on the username, this link/number should be in the address bar...

eg Grantus is
    http://forums.kombiclub.com/member.php?u=2180

as it ends in u=2180, then Grantus is member number 2180...

I hope this works for others! :)

11. wandering minstrels

wandering minstrels New Member

Thanks to Tiprat for voicing the sentiments.We are new to Kombi's,having spent along time with Land Rovers. It is all about lifestyle for us.I have had a very bad few years health wise, culminating in a kidney transplant in July 2007. In February this year, we moved back to Brisbane to care for my parents, who aren't doing as well as they could. Recently we sold our house in NSW, and the first thing we did was buy a Kombi!:) Best move we ever made. Yes, it's a T4 with the bells and whistles, but it still has VW badge! We are not interested in the traditional car club scene, as after what I have been through I have learnt to focus on what is important, not what seems important. We would much rather spend our limited time on this planet with people who have similar interests and attitudes and who enjoy life and their vehicles. As Yul Brynner said, we know exactly when we came into this world, but none of us knows when we are leaving. Enjoy it while you can. that's enough philosophising for one morning. Basically, enjoy your Kombi, enjoy your friends, and sopend as much time as you can doing what makes you happy.:heart:
    Cheers
    Terry

12. Quincy1874

Quincy1874 Member

Worked for me ;) (you need to do this is the "list" screen)

Member No.26 :)

Soooo great to see this forum going from strength to strength, it is a credit to all those involved! (I wish I spent more time here earlier on...oh well, I can make up for lost time now... !! Looking forward to meeting some of you at Patonga, (possibly the next biggest kombi gathering south of Oldbar)) <------ very unofficial claim, but one can have dreams, right?

:)
    Craig.

13. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

If you are member No 907, then yes it works for me - cheers :)

14. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

It works! :)

Also, if you replace the numbers at the end of the link, you can see the members that correspond to a number eg it is no surprise to find that Roy is member number 1... (and Split1 is number 4, 77bay number 13):
    http://forums.kombiclub.com/member.php?u=1

15. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

PLs everybody as ray has mentioned tip rat has a CD with his songs on it its worth a pm to him to get a copy as his his camping song is simply pure kombi BLISS

16. qwoffmeister

qwoffmeister New Member

Just had a read of this - and being a bit of a bastard myself, I'm just wondering - do you think it's that nice people get kombis, or do kombis make nice people?

I'm thinking that whichever way it turns out, that between my martini olive 76 bay camper and KC, there's hope for me yet!!

This is a special place, and congrats and thank you to all who've made it so.

17. Vanessa92

Vanessa92 Member

I think Kombi's make nice people ;)

18. boaty123

boaty123 New Member

the less things are formalised the better. I mean who wants to be club secretarty or treasurer, it takes away the fun aspect for any poor bugger who has to be a office bearer
    keep the bus fun the bus knows the way i dont need gps.

19. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

Perfect TIPRAT sometimes I did wonder what it was all about. Unfortunately my DaisyGirl is still offroad so I haven't considered going to any drives yet but it sounds like just the best fun - Melissa

20. Justin

Justin Active Member

quite often i find myself trawling through threads that have not been touched for years . . . :lol: