Us in a club? A Kombi club?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TIPRAT, Nov 6, 2006.

1. jenniewren

jenniewren Member

I was just reading this post...how delightful to hear that you are a down to earth bunch.....and why you joined this particular forum.

Why did I join? I kind of explained in my NEWBIE thread why.....member of vintage van...wanted expertise, advice on renovating etc etc....but also to share our experiences...have a laugh....meet fellow smitten Kombi members etc etc...

Life is way too short......"life be in it I say"....what better way than buy a campervan, a KOMBI of course! We have "hired" campervan's before...the usual, Tasmania, NZ etc etc & just loved it......Oh the freedom, that youthful devil may care exploration of new places.....where will we end up tonight? Who cares...pull up a stones throw from the rolling surf.....pull up behind those clump of trees near the river.....really need a shower after 4 days better find a caravan park...

But it's even better fun when travelling with a bunch from a CLUB believe me!

My love of vintage was cemented years ago...well before it became trendy & fashionable today.

Like many, we are not Clubbies, but having had the experience of the vv forum, I quickly realised you don't have to go it alone and try and figure out by yourself how to refurbish, fix things, buy parts, scratch your head over particular problems when facing a dilemma! I research like crazy, scour comments, ask questions....yes you will get tired of me picking your brain....but one thing we all have in common is the fact we all are addicted to our passion....

I can't wait to start refurbishing interior of our recent acquisition...meet up with members, go away on trips (when work will allow us!) listen avidly to stories tossed around a camp fire....but most importantly, have a good old laugh & hopefully make enduring friendships along the way, no matter what part of Australia you may be from....

Even though we have only just begun this journey with KC, within the first post of introducing myself to you all.....you had me chuckling and smiling with pure delight with your wicked sense of humour in some of your replies.

Thank you...........that was what we were looking for....a friendly, comical, advice given freely with no strings attached bunch of Kombi addicted characters!

Miss Rosie, Debstar and jobell like this.
  2. Debstar

Debstar Well-Known Member

Love this post I am a copilot to a Kombi owner went to our first Busstop in 2015 & when we left we felt that we were part of a tribe our Kombi family, so much so without Hesitation I put my hand Up to organise Busstop 2017. Since then we have enjoyed local events & made great friends Busstop 2016 was fabulous genuine fun & laughs & again the opportunity to talk to like minded people. Looking forward to our next meet best thing Phil ever did was to find this Forum:D

David H, MAP77, 73kombi and 2 others like this.
  3. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Thank you Sahara.
    Grouch on!