1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VALLA 2016 Photos

Discussion in 'NSW' started by deeksy62, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Quombi

Quombi Well-Known Member

2. Quombi

Quombi Well-Known Member

The lads are packed up again and ready to hit the road. Apparently the show n shine just went on and on and there was no good photo angle to get an overview. No doubt there will be some drone shots soon. Dno says that he has filed up a 4 and 2 MB cards on the happy snappy so there will be plenty of photos tomorrow night once he's home.

3. Gerry and Robyn

Gerry and Robyn Active Member

Hi Hayley, I love those old Clipper coaches from the 1950's. Great photo!

Quombi likes this.
  4. stusbus

stusbus Well-Known Member

Great work Hayley ! I feel your pain I too missed out & am determined to get there next time !! ;)

Quombi likes this.
  5. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Great report, thanks for posting......
    ( also green with envy......;) )
    Cheers,
    Mark

Quombi likes this.
  6. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Hayley - great pics and script :D;)

Quombi likes this.
  7. deeksy62

deeksy62 Well-Known Member

This was Saturday afternoon, after the run back to Valla Beach and before pizza night, a quick rest at the beach!

[​IMG]

8. Quombi

Quombi Well-Known Member

Nice photo. I love Kombi's by the beach.

9. deeksy62

deeksy62 Well-Known Member

Debstar likes this.
  10. KahunaKombi

Worked for me :) thanks ;)

11. Poptop

Poptop Well-Known Member

Steve
    Thanks for posting the photos!

12. Kombi53

Kombi53 New Member

Really nice photo !
    Can't wait to come to a meeting and meet great people and vehicle !
    The splitty on the first pics ( Black and Red ) i saw this one getting on a tow truck on the hill coming out of healesville couple weeks back i think, shame i didn't see it earlier i could have helped maybe ( Self employed mobile mechanic ).
    Anyone need a hand in the yarra valley contact me i will be happy to help you.
    www.yvmt.com.au

Quombi likes this.
  13. Longrasser

Longrasser Active Member

Gday People. i am back home with the bus safe and sound (apart from the layer of salt air) in the shed. i was welcomed home with a nice hot cup of tea, and Hayley and I sat and poured through the photos of the weekend from start to about half way through.
    Zoinks! what a weekend. I knew it was going to a flying visit, but didn't expect Friday to Sunday to disappear so rapidly.
    The whole trip was unplanned until last Sunday night when i took the offer of a trailered ride up to Central coast and make use of some camp spots that some associates would'nt be using, as they couldn't make it this year to their pre-booked sites.
    My last entry from my well lit tent interior on Saturday told of how Saturday went. Sunday was a ripper as well. I was up early due to the electric induced all-night dawn and went for another wander about the park, and looked for the beach (didn't get there). Soon enough folks were warming up the engines again and moving them into place for the show and shine. Due to us having to get back home, we went over and asked if we parked up for the show, could we get out early ? 'No problem they said, and put us up in a very conspicuous spot. So, I got to do a fair bit of story telling again, and listened to plenty of tales myself too.
    What a spread of VWs ! I've put the link below to our photos to give you idea of the range, but if you havent been to Valla before, it is certainly all here!
    I did the swap Meet over again and bought some handy pieces and invested in a Blaze Cut snake for second line insurance for the bus.
    We hung out till lunch time then packed camp and slipped on out of the park. We headed back on down the old highway for a bit, loaded up again on the trailer and hauled tail for Parkes. We were back by midnight (No Roos)... but saw some cool home- cruising busses along the freeway
    This morning, I did a few laps with a friend in Parkes then headed the last hour and half back home without a hitch. (so to speak).
    We now have the foundation of the next Valla trip planned. 2018 will mean organised time off work, a few friends coming along with their VWs too and make a proper road trip out of it. A mini convoy out from the central west.

I hope this link works without too much grief. Its a very long list of the more interesting photos I took. The type of photos i like to look at when I cant make it to such an occasion.

http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/woodabyna/VW/VW Spectacular Valla 2016/story

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    deeksy62 and Debstar like this.
  14. Debstar

Debstar Well-Known Member

Great pics we were there for the weekend too sadly Kombiless so had to go in the Wish I Was a Kombi, ford. Sat out the front of my sis place just up the hill.from camp ground & videoed you all making your way to Nambucca. Took 27 mins for you all to vacate that's some convoy! Need to clean the file up a bit before posting. Looking forward big time now to Old Bar & of course Busstop 2017 woohoo

15. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Here are a few extra ones I took.

Lots of T3's there too:
    Friday arvo gathering
    [​IMG]

Caravelle 2wd trakka camper well loved
    [​IMG]

QLD based Trakka Syncro camper
    [​IMG]

More T3's on the Sunday Show N Shine
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Some Lowies (my other poison)
    Resol's 71
    [​IMG]

71 Lowie ute
    [​IMG]

Early lowie camper
    [​IMG]

Nice DOKA:
    [​IMG]

Awesome twin slider lowie (there was two of these there - both from WA)
    [​IMG]

Nice 71 panel
    [​IMG]

Nice bright yellow late bay westy:
    [​IMG]

Melissa's advertising splitty
    [​IMG]

16. Gerry and Robyn

Gerry and Robyn Active Member

Love your work Scott

melissa likes this.
  17. KahunaKombi

Nice to see a good T3 roll up ;)

Syncro27 likes this.
  18. vassy69SC

vassy69SC Active Member

Here are some that Trish took at Valla
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Syncro27 and stusbus like this.
  19. Debstar

Debstar Well-Known Member

Question? Why can't I upload a pic from my ph? Keep getting message file is too big? Driving me nuts! Would like to upload the video I took of everyone leaving to go on the run its 20 mins worth & that would defo be too big what am I doing wrong please

20. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

I'm not an expert on these things BUT
    If just a normal phone ie Samsung galaxie type try reducing your resolutions to below 1000 x840 or near to it and that should do it , Had same problem with my Samsung Galaxie 2. did the reduction of the resolution bit and now all ok. Not sure about the Video bit but on stills it works.
    Regards Chris

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016