1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[VIC] Bus Stop 2011 Convoy Details

Discussion in 'Kombi Club Bus Stop 2011' started by Dingostrategy, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

Righto, mexicans, tasweigans and croweaters.

Who has some ideas?

Me, I'll be ready to depart on the Tuesday night. Time to get from BKK to MEL, to the bush to pick up the Kombi, clean it, do a few bits and pieces, tune it, have a latte in Brunswick then hit the road.

2. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

As Kat enjoyed the event so much last year, she graciously decided to accompany me again this year. We'll be heading off from Ballarat Wednesday with enough time to get us to Traralgon to visit her sister. We'll most likely stay in a nearby caravan park Wednesday night and hopefully catch up with the rest of the Melbourne and possibly the Tasmanian Konvoy on Thursday.

So far, I haven't been in contact with anybody from the Melbourne contingent as to where they'll be at any particular time Thursday, although I believe someone from Bairnsdale asked if the Melbourne team could meet them there. If that's the case, we'll time out journey to be at Bairnsdale prior to the meet-up time.

3. Necro

Necro Active Member

I'm leaving late if at all, Early Sat Morning or on Friday afternoon...not sure at all hard to join a convoy as I am waiting for a baby too...oohh ooh how much excitement...easter is so near and so much is happening....:)

4. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Melbourne crew will need to depart early thursday to cover most of the distance leaving a four hour run in on Friday.
    Straight up the Hume, then across to Narooma?
    Need to study the map!
    Q. Who is interested in Konvoying?
    Q. Where from?
    Q. Where do we prop for the night?

Getting close!

5. Alpal

6. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Is Wozicle MIA? :rolleyes:

Haven't seen him about of late......

7. Necro

Necro Active Member

He's in Tassie with Sea Shepherd...:) He'll be back...Woz that is...

I always thought the baby was due two weeks before Narooma but I just found out it's one week....:eek: Might make it harder to get there...

8. Alpal

Just missing! Woz doesn't do action................

9. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

If you were on FB ( seems a lot of people are spending a lot of time there) you'd see plenty of both Wozicle & Alice.
    Correct, he's in Hobart with the Sea Shepherd guys & girls.

10. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Yep he seems to be a celeb on there.:lol:

11. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

That'd be me

Melburnians mentioned meeting up with me at Bairnsdale around Lunch. I was going to suggest the park on the left just over the Mitchell River. Plenty of parking and space on the edge of town. Will wait and see though.
    :)

12. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

Plans discussed in the thread 'getting there and back'

13. Necro

Necro Active Member

This time Al, Woz is kinda in action mode, he has been doing heaps of volunteer work for SS, stall after stall and festival after festival and I think he earnt an opportunity to go to Tassie and see the ship and meet the crew...just like an action figure only hairier...go Woz!

14. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. Dingostrategy

I attribute the recent anti-whaling victory mostly to my wearing of their t-shirt but also to Woz's commitment.

Concerning the convoy, I'm down for whatever. I forgot about that other thread, sorry. Woz's homework is sound. I reckon what I'll do is leave a bit earlier and rendezvous in Lakes Entrance during Thursday or if anyone else wants to leave from melbourne on Wednesday go with them to somewhere.

16. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Dingostrategy

18. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

What's FB? ;)

19. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Ah. Knew there was another post on this topic somewhere where Woz and Alice suggested a coastal run and I seemed to remember the Bairnsdale bit.

As I said, Kat and myself are leaving Ballarat probably mid to latish Wednesday morning and making for Traralgon. Planning to stay the night at or near Traralgon and get to Bairnsdale in time to have a rest, catch up you Peace_Fam and wait for the Melbourne crew to catch up. If it's decided that the Melbourne crew are going up the Hume, then we'll all catch up at Narooma.

In the meantime Dingo, maybe we can plan to meet up somewhere along the way if you're taking the scenic coastal route? We're going that way so Kat can catch up with her sister who she hasn't seen in ages, but it doesn't have to be a lengthy visit.

20. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

It's 246 clicks from Bairnsdale to the spot Woz was taking about staying at just over the boarder which equates to around 3.5 to 4 hours of driving.

However, and please be clear about this, we're going that way for a reason. If the Melbourne contingent are doing via the Hume H/Way, then that's fine. We may even change our plans and go with them, although we've pretty much planned to take the scenic route and come back over the Alpine Way to Bright on the way home.

The one thing that needs to be done is for the Melbourians to make some solid plans. The clock is ticking!!