1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[VIC] Bus Stop 2011 Convoy Details

Discussion in 'Kombi Club Bus Stop 2011' started by Dingostrategy, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

335 kms, give or take: LINK

Time, no idea. I would guess middle of the arvo? Some of the melbourne crew are pretty sluggish out of bed.

2. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

The Noojee run is very nice! Will work out our agenda soon. Should lodge mobile numbers so we can link up.

3. Alpal

4. Trav&Ren

Trav&Ren Member

We are travelling with our 2.5yo alarm clock and he will wake us up at 7am without fail!

I've never been to Noojee but I've heard the Toorongo Falls Reserve is best for camping and you can walk to the falls.

I'll be seeing Sam2can tonight to finalize our plans, book the Buchan caves and to give the Kombis the once over.

Trav

PS. Alpal I'll PM you my mobile.

5. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

At this point in time, leaving after work wed,..looks like a long drive, 1100kays..look forward to catching up...mobile is 0400001370..lot of zeros, how appropiate.See you somewhere adjacent to scrubby creek, probably on the turnoff from the highway. I will probably be punching Z's in the back of a green 77 bay camper on the side of road.Rock van gently..until then! John Doherty in Adelaide:cool:

6. wbx4me

wbx4me Member

dont forget to get a photo at combi flat while you're in Buchan

7. Trav&Ren

Trav&Ren Member

I was wondering what combi flat was and why they spelt it wrong.

8. Alpal

And who flattened it!

9. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

Ok, can we have a roll call of who is heading the coastal route and who isn't and also where possible RDV points are. We want to head out of Melb on Wed morn as we arrive at sparrows fart on the boat. Sale is a possibility, but where are people staying Thursday night. If it is not much further on we may not go as far as Sale and then meet up with everyone for Thursday night there. BTW Scrubby Creek on google is just north of Melb, so is that an RDV point for the Thursday starters or is it another place over on the coast. Sorry if I seem dumb, Mt Gambier was my first road trip on the mainland so it is taking a little while to get my bearings.

Cheers

Adrian

10. wbx4me

wbx4me Member

11. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

wbx4me is correct. Scrubby Creek is just over the boarder and that's where most of us will catch up Thursday night.

I'm only leaving Wednesday to avoid an early start and a long drive to Scrubby Creek on the Thursday. The original plan was to stop at the Moe caravan park Wednesday night and head off for Scrubby Creek Thursday morning, but someone suggested Sale as a catch-up destination and I'm fine with that. It's not much further than Moe.

Form Woz's post (http://forums.kombiclub.com/showthread.php?t=30421)..........

Scrubby Creek Forest Picnic Area, about 7 hours from Melbourne plus breaks (so a long first-day drive, but leaving a short second-day trip into Narooma), just over the NSW border - free with toilets, dog-friendly, and fires permitted:
    http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/forests/locations/east-boyd

12. Tickle

Tickle Active Member

So glad to hear your coming John. Jamie & I are still trying to get there, but probably won't know for sure until the Tuesday before Good Friday.
    We both really want to be there, so fingers crossed all goes well and we catch up with everyone again.
    (Jamie still hasn't finished off his scorpion tequilla...lol)

13. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Hell. It'll be mouldy by now:eek:

Anyway, hope to see you somewhere along the track.

14. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

We're still looking at hooking in at Bairnsdale. We live about 15km away an need to allow for a Ferry trip that runs every half hour so if people can let us know when you'll be there or call me from Sale we'll be there!

We registered the T3 about a month ago and taken her to Melbourne twice now. She's purring along the road. Can't wait for the convoy:D

15. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

No problems with that. Maybe you could "PM" one of us your mobile number so we can contact you a couple of hours before we get to Bairnsdale?

It also depends on where everyone is staying Wednesday night. Currently, it looks as though there will be two distinct groups, but that might also change closer to the date. I've already made up my mind. If anybody else is staying in Sale Wednesday night, then that's where I'll be staying too. If Kat and myself are lone travellers, then we could end up anywhere, but definitely no further than Bairnsdale.

Whatever happens peace_fam, you'll most certainly be joining the Konvoy:D

16. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

I am agreeing. Bairnsdale would be as far as we would want to go in one hit from Melbourne, and that would be for Wednesday night. Meet everyone at scrubby creek, over the border, for Thursday night and then narooma on Friday. Wouldn't be knocking back Sale instead of Bairnsdale either if enough wanted that option.

Adrian

17. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

PM sent. Anyone wanting a spot in the driveway or backyard Wednesday night is welcome!:) There is a $8 return Ferry charge to get onto the Island (about a 15 minute drive from Bairnsdale- anyone welcome.

18. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

Hi Tickle!...[virginia& jamie]...hope you can make it! Dont worry about the tequila, bring the scorpion. Looking like scrubby creek is a point of convergence for possibly some, on some as at yet unidentified time on a day yet to be fixed..just cant quite seem to work out exactly where it is..is it the one 30-40 kays north of Sale? The anticipation is messing with my head...especially at work. Trying to work out the attraction...cant...then saw Alice in Kombiland's motto..that'll do for the time being. 11 days or so to go..tonne of work to do...so long John Doherty in Adelaide:cool:

19. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

Google maps insists on one going through wuk wuk to get to bairnsdale from Melbourne.

I just really feel that my life won't be complete until I go to wuk wuk so I might very well try my best to take up that super kind offer.

Dogs ok?

20. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

Dogs are fine - we have a dog (who looks like a sheep) and a secure back yard. I'll be home all day Wednesday - will PM you the address.