Victorian Kombi Convoy is on it's way! (Warning, Lots of photos!)

Discussion in 'The First national Kombi Club Bus Stop 2007' started by paul, Apr 5, 2007.

1. paul

paul Member

Fixed. Thanks Marty :D

2. Carolin

Carolin New Member

From Grannie's (Violet Town) ...

Hi everyone!

Thanks for such a fantastic Easter. It was amazing to meet so many friendly people and good kids. I've been checking out everyone's vehicles for 'things I could do' but probably won't! There sure are some ingenious people around.

Special thanks to Roy for lending us his tent (I forgot our tent poles) and TasDeb for the shampoo hint - liquid hand wash is nearly as good as shampoo, just smells a bit industrial!

We're SO looking forward to next year - I'm telling everyone to buy a Kombi now and then there's 12 months to get it going.

Carolin, Adele & Max.

3. Marty

Marty Active Member

So many photos to sort through! I'll start with the ones from the way up there.

The convoy was lots of fun, the kms go so quickly when you're chatting away on the handhelds. We stopped at about 4pm at a rest-stop on the side of the Hume and parked all the Kombis in a big circle. That night we sat around a lovely campfire talking and playing the bongos. Adam (BogBeast) also showed us his firetwirling talent. It felt like we were one big happy family!

(As we were playing the bongos around the campfire, all the cars and even a truck that pulled into the rest area to stop for the night turned out and went to the next one - bongos weren't their thing??)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtJHPvvvdUc

The next morning after breakfast we set off again towards Canberra.

[​IMG]

(To Be Continued)

4. Alice in Kombiland

Alice in Kombiland Well-Known Member

Woger missed the first day of the convoy 'cause Woger was getting wegistered...but Woger waced down the woad and found the cwuising kombis.
    Woger Wocks

5. TasDeb

TasDeb New Member

Tassie Tassie Tassie oy oy oy

Hi all Kyle and I made it home safe and sound without any dramas. We headed off from Canberra after lunch on Sunday and i was very emotional to say farewell to my new found family. Thanks to the Victorian crew for adopting us so warmly and taking such good care of us. What a blast I have only just walked in the door as our adventure involved a Ferry trip and another 4 hour drive. I was sad leaving Canberra but had the biggest grin on my dial all the way home just because I had had so much fun. We stopped for tea at Aulbry and then a random truck stop for the night. Thanks to Melisa and all who organised such great treck. Thanks Camo for leading the way and yea dont those hand held radios make it interesting. Driving onto the Ferry was difficult as I did not want to go home this trip has awoken my gypsy spirit so keep an eye out for me on the road. Love to you all from one very happy Kombi Clubber.

6. Alice in Kombiland

Alice in Kombiland Well-Known Member

Glad you made it back safetly Deb...did you or your kombi get sea sick...I used to think the ferry to Tassie made me sea sick but then I realized it was the beer I drink on the ferry:) .

Until this easter the longest drive I had ever been on was between Hobart and Launceston.... Driving to Canberra and back really broke Woger and I in..

7. TasDeb

TasDeb New Member

No Seasickness, a couple of beers and I was fine, Kyle put a couple of things on the dash to see how rough it got on the Kombi Deck and all was still standing this morning so Sophie had a good rest as well. I traded in our cruise seats for a cabin and was only charged 75 dollars by the kind desk person, she only charged me for one sleeper and when we got there we had 4 beds and even a port hole, needless to say I slept well, next time I will try to allow extra time and do a day trip but will have to take a co-pilot as it is a long trip to not have any beers.

8. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Hi Deb :)

Glad to hear you got home safe Deb... & pleased to hear you had a great time with us all.
    Can you please PM me your address details again...@ your baskets
    (as I might not be able to find it with all this unpacking to do here)
    Hope to see your smiling face again soon
    Judy