Volkswagen Mechanic Adelaide

Discussion in 'SA' started by craigmcglone, May 13, 2011.

1. beastieboy

beastieboy Member

Thats pretty good J.D.
    Was gong to message you for us all to have some legal advice on the matter!
    You smelt the smoke and found the fire! Nice one!
    I like the bit that says "Grateful for her good fortune in the midst of such unhappy fiscal tidings. Ms Dizzy agrees and Mr X inserts a $2.50 flange"
    :lol:
    We are talking about repairing motor vehiles here are we not!?
    :lol:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  2. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

Either confluent coincidence or mischievious inuendo....I let you be the judge.Your enquiring mind is certainly noteworthy. Pleased if my comments have in some way clarified what is so often a comedy of errors followed by heartache and aggravation.. Regards John Doherty in Adelaide:cool:

3. 1500king

1500king Well-Known Member

Thankyou J.D. , Much Appreciated ! :). This is gold and definitely good advice for all the Kombi folks on here. We have all had our fair share of parts "not fit for purpose"....The Kombi aftermarket industry is a mine field. :)

4. 1500king

There you go, answered your own curiosity.

Yes, VW have Non Genuine parts... They have "VW Classic Parts", dedicated to all of us folks with old cars and are partnered with the aftermarket producers...You just haven't seen it in Adelaide yet..

http://www.vw-classicparts.de/e_content.pl?src=e_cp_index

5. beastieboy

beastieboy Member

I'd say your 100% correct there about Adelaide!
    This place just does not have enough "demand" (in population numbers I gather) to get some of the things interstate citys have E.G decent theme parks e.c.t.
    Lets see how the baby bonus/population increase goes 50 years from now. Might get some better public transport or something.
    We always miss out on good things, even bands that do a so called "Australian Tour" don't even drop into South Australia. We get robbed often.....
    I should mention to those interstate who may not have a clue/never visited S.A...., but.... S.A public transport has only had bus stops with a maximum 15 min wait for about the last 5 years.
    Before that on Sundays/Public holidays there would be 1 bus per hour passing through most major suburbs. Most other times it used to be every half hour or 20min if lucky in your area!
    In country towns make that one bus a day, still to this day!
    I go interstate to places like Sydney and watch a train pulling up every 5-7minutes, and when it leaves its like New York with peoples legs hanging out the door as it closes and the train takes off ON TIME. Here it is about every half hour usually at the most and maybe every 20 minutes at peak times.
    I was out visiting a mate having a few beers a while back and had to get the train home.
    I was on the Outer Harbour line about 4 stations from the end heading back to the city. I watched the train go up the other track and swap tracks to return. On its way back it decided to skip my stop and flew straight past me. Not so bad but it was the last train of the night (midnight) and yeah, left me with a hefty cab ride home!
    Right now in Adelaide you need to be driving, so a properly maintained car is pretty much essential.
    They are electrifying the tracks and bailing deisel carrages for a cleaner greener effort.
    Currently there is no line at all down south, the tram does not go there, so busses and roads are packed to the rafters in peak hour. They are jacking the price of fuel up alongside. Wouldn't be suprised if they make the traffic lights hold red another few seconds just to strain as much cash from you and take further advantage taxing fuel!

I heard Chopper once commented he visited Adelaide once but said it was closed.:lol:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  6. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

You forgot to mention the quality water that comes from the tap......

7. beastieboy

beastieboy Member

Silt water!
    I always question what is exactly floating around in a Coopers Pale?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  8. 1500king

Whoa!! :eek:

Here's what you do about the above......

http://www.realestate.com.au/buy

MOVE...!!;)

9. 1500king

They use their own Reverse Osmosis water plant to clean their own bore water. It's all good! It is the others you should be worried about!! Haha!!;)

10. vwfreak03

vwfreak03 Well-Known Member

I used bob at volkscare on the way back from perth to check out my fuel pumps for pressure..... very happy and good price :)
    if i lived in the area i would use all the time

11. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

adelaide

Nothing wrong with Adelaide its a nice place to live if you like a quiet lifestyle, but rest assured she is slowly waking up, becoming a more vibrant multi national community with so much diversity and hope. Don't knock our city, she has a lot to offer , even in these tough times.............. regards Chris

12. 1500king

Haha! I read the above and all I related to was ....

Haha!

13. sam neeft

sam neeft Member

Adelaide can be quite, but it is what you make of it. We are pretty lucky to be able to drive from the centre of the CBD 20 minutes and get the beach or the hills. Great pubs (wheatsheaf) arts, and festivals throughout the year.

14. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Amen Sam..And if your bus needs a mechanic, push it out on the road, Ring the RAA and hope that Tom or Ed turns up. Problem solved.

15. wombatventures

wombatventures Active Member

That silty stuff in the bottom... Always roll the bottle to stir up the mud before opening. Still the best beer in Oz though.

16. wombatventures

wombatventures Active Member

That just means we have to keep moving further out for our peace and quiet Chris. At the rate I'm going I'll end up at William Creek!