VW Heritage

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by vwkj87, Oct 29, 2017.

1. vwkj87

vwkj87 Active Member

Has anybody had any issues with dealing with vw heritage?

2. twincabay

twincabay Active Member

one of the good ones, and have some great specials the free shipping is problematic if you want any thing of size. J Kampers also excellent CIP 1 i also rate also depends what you need.

3. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

I have only had good things - one order was incorrect but they fixed it and told me to keep the wrong item.

Grantus likes this.
  4. vwkj87

vwkj87 Active Member

Thanks guys. I'll keep trying with them.

5. Uke Baby

Uke Baby Member

If you're trying to ring them you'll only get through at night time as you need to ring during UK business hours. I've bought numerous bits from them and found them good to deal with.

6. OSF

OSF Well-Known Member

Bought numerous things from them. Found them to be good and mistakes are rectified quickly. Best to ring them if you have a significant issue / returns etc.

7. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

.au email addresses sometimes go to their spam/junk. Might be the reason you're struggling

8. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Know someone who called them and they got an answering machine but a return call from VWH within a short time considering it was from the UK :cool:

9. Burnstar

Burnstar Member

I've ordered a few times with no issues, got sent an incorrect part (incorrectly packed by TMI), they sent me the correct part after I got in contact with them, very happy with the service.

melissa likes this.
  10. David H

David H Well-Known Member

I ordered some T2 'horse hair' seat bases one Friday at 4pm & they were delivered to mine at 1pm Monday.
    Excellent service.:D On another order I had trouble with their website & called & Andrew (I think) fixed the order straight away. Top stuff!
    Cheers

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  11. vwkj87

vwkj87 Active Member

So I wanted to hold my tongue until the issue was resolved, but the reason I originally asked the question is because I'm not happy about VW Hertitage and their free postage policy.

I've ordered parts from nearly every VW parts supplier, and free postage means free postage.

I recently ordered about $1000 worth of parts from Heritage, paid for it through the website, and the next day they asked for another $250 for delivery. I admit I had bumpers in my order, but since other companies like Just Kampers have sent large parts without extra postage it didn't even cross my mind, my mistake.

Anyway, they explained, since with the extra postage they were way more expensive than other places they cancelled them from my order no problem.

So I go to order another lot of parts, a carb kit and a few small items. I'm very careful this time to keep the order to one box. Pay again, and the next day they ask again for another $250. Apparently these parts don't qualify either.

So the catch 22 is that to qualify for free shipping, you need to order more, but if you order more you get excluded from free shipping.

I understand they ship from the UK, but the postage should be quoted before payment, not sneakily added on after. And don't advertise free shipping. I don't think I'll use them again.

12. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Hi vwkj87,
    Ummm....yeah they do have 'size limits' on the free postage side but that's disappointing for you. I guess it's the 'if it's free it's too good to be true':(.
    JK are au so that makes a huge difference for large parts freight wise. Nose cone for T2 ex England or Aus is going to be heaps different!
    What size was the box eventually?
    It must be hard for companies to advertise the catchy "free postage over $250" but then qualify it with (in their case) dimensions due to cost of freight. I agree.. it doesn't end up how they advertise but it must work for them, I guess, as the structure they have is for local not O/S.
    Not Cheers for you

13. mr930

mr930 Member

Ive bought off them quite a bit with no problems until recently I ordered an exhaust and they sent me an email asking for another $250 in freight. I cancelled the order. Not happy with them at all lately. I might add that I have bought exhausts off them in the past too.

14. vwkj87

vwkj87 Active Member

It was a carb kit and a few rubbers extra. It would fit in a box one person can carry. I get that they post from the UK, but they should make it clear at checkout, but ask for more money afterwards.

15. vwkj87

vwkj87 Active Member

So yours was $250 as well? Both of my extra fees were too. That seems really suspicious to me.

I've cancelled now and I'll order from someone else.

16. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

The free postage offer does seem to be bait to get people to order more but they do have disclaimers all over the place to say certain stuff does not qualify for the free postage.
    I have not had any problem with them but it was nothing larger than seat padding. Hope you don't have any issues from where you order from next time :)

17. Mellow Yellow 74

Mellow Yellow 74 Active Member

This is probably partly my fault - I bought a whole bunch of stuff from them a couple of years ago when they first offerered free shipping including some heavy parts and it would have cost them a lot to ship them. They honoured the free shipping and I received the parts no problem, but then they changed the ads to remove free shipping on larger items soon after this.

My issue with them is I ordered a set of TMI seat pads which are a special order with a 12 week lead time. When they didn’t arrive after 12 weeks I contacted them and was advised they forgot to order them and I would have to wait another 12 weeks. But they did apologise and give me a small refund so that’s fine because I am in no rush.

18. vwkj87

vwkj87 Active Member

I'm so much annoyed with the extra delivery fee and wait times, although that is annoying. It's that they aren't upfront about it. You pay for your order, then it takes a few days of back and forth to get the actual information.

I order parts for customers too, and it makes it impossible to stick to a budget or schedule when they aren't being upfront.

And why is it always $250 extra?

19. Mellow Yellow 74

Mellow Yellow 74 Active Member

The terms and conditions of the free postage offer are on their web site: https://au.vwheritage.com/postage-packaging-australia

There is no conspiracy around the $250 - they charge different rates according to order value and $250 is the approximate AUD equivalent of the 130 pound charge.

20. vwkj87

vwkj87 Active Member

I've never dealt with a company that takes payment, then emails you a few days later asking for more money.

And why would two bumpers cost the same for delivery as a carb kit?