1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VW Nationals 2009

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Kai, May 24, 2009.

1. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

I wish I had of met a few more of the KC Crew only had a chance to meet a small handful... Next time I may need to just jump in the middle of the crowd and introduce myself, tend to get a bit awkward when not knowing anyone in a large group. next time Ill bring some 'cojenes':eek:

2. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

There are some great ideas out there thankyou for the most excellent photos guys.....especially the early bays.

3. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

Sorry we missed you Kai.

We will be having a good cruise in a couple of months, see ya then.

4. dakbus

dakbus Member

Well if you saw Jays bus Kai, you must have seen that sensational Orange bus sitting along side.
    Had a good day, driving in convoys, met some members and a sack full of Gurus.
    I even noticed my melon in one of the Dubman68 photos, drooling over the Redhotchilliwilli.
    Cya at a meeting soon, Steve

PS. I really admire the members that braved the shocking weather conditions to make it to this event, well done.

5. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Yes, mammoth effort by Lorraine and Andy to get to this event. Thank you Jay and Janine for letting us have dinner at your house the night before,it was fantastic.

Now for the few who have not already seen these _

I picked up 2 sets of wheels today -
    a set of Mk3 Golf wheels to go on the Mk1 while I get the originals sandblasted and powdercoated...
    [​IMG]

And this set of beauty's to go on my T4 - they are brand new, genuine VW 16" that I bought from ebay....
    [​IMG]

6. jb4845

jb4845 Member

Hey Kai, was wondering who that was as I only had a second to turn around before pulling out - shame we didn't actually get to catch up inside there

Had a great day - the cruise down went well, even after being 'elected' to lead it down :eek: - some fantastic rides out there - people spending big dollars and coming up with some really nice buses

Congrats to Scott for taking out Best T4 - the other awards went to non-Kombi Club people unfortunately

Drive home was a lonely cruise but made it before the rain really started again

Most of my pics look like the others on here, but here are some of Steve (?) and Ian's 'new' tyres - Lorraine got some too on Monty but didn't get a chance to take a pic

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

Now that looks HOT!

8. back street bessie

How good does that look....:cool:

9. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Wow what a full on few days, still got tomorrow ahead of us and hopefully we will get home by tomorrow night as I have to work Tuesday. We are currently in a boutique hotel in Singleton as the Pacific Hwy still closed in several places so it the long, long way home for us. But it has been all worth it :D

A huge Thankyou to Melissa and Scott for putting us up last night and to Jay and Neen for hosting a lovely dinner party for us and our fellow KC friends :heart:

It was a so nice to see our friends again and get a chance to meet even more of our Southern KC members.:heart:

Mav and Miss leah......i am so disappointed that we didn't catch up :( , guess you will just have to come to Klubfest now so we can meet.

I'll post some pics when I finally get home.

Thanks EVERYONE for a fantastic weekend.

10. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

Some other wheels

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. felixqld66

felixqld66 Member

What are the specs on those red stripe tyres that are awesome!!!!!!!!!!Where do you get em??????

12. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Mel I luv your new wheels for the T4...nice
    Those steering wheels are beautiful :)
    Steve & Ian's tyres are awesome too...
    love all the pics
    Judy

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  13. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

Is that Scott's old bus? (KOM123).

Sorry I didn't get there everyone. I really wanted to go, partly to see the show, partly to maybe find some parts but mostly to meet some other KC members, especially those of you who travelled so far. However, I diplomatically decided that it would be best to stay down at our van at Wisemans Ferry, waterskiing etc. - quality time with the family and family friends we have thre. This was a last minute decision on Thursday night/Friday and I went with the majority vote (my wife gets two votes!). I was hoping to still get there this morning but I could not get away from the river until nearly midday, so thought it would be too late.

Looks like there was some nice buses there, as usual. Hope you all had a good time and hope I catch up with you some time.

Baz

14. Miss Leah

Miss Leah Member

Sorry we didnt catch up lorraine, me and mav didnt even catch up and we only live half an hour apart!

we are coming to klubfest, however we will be leaving early sunday morning and missing the show as i have an uni exam the next morning. :(

15. back street bessie

Was thinking the same thing Baz...one of my favourites.

16. mark78

mark78 Member

I was there, hobbling around on my old walking stick. Caught up with some old mates from the vw scene and had a bit of a chin wag. Had a great day.

17. Miss Leah

Miss Leah Member

mark78 where abouts in campbelltown are you located in?

18. winerot

winerot Active Member

great pics & looked like a great day but when i read about yelling out bimbos i thought that
    was wrong, hope you apologised.
    girls hired by sponsors to promote but a quiet move please should have been all that's needed not a loud foul remark like that,i have a daughter that age & would be horrified if she was yelled at for doing a job.

19. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Just in case anyone missed the promotional girls.

[​IMG]

:lol:

20. back street bessie

Hmmmmm thanks.....very tasty.