1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VW Nationals 2009

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Kai, May 24, 2009.

1. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Wally, it was done in a fun way- the girls were not upset by it. Lorraine was not being nasty - everyone was laughing, including the promotional girls.

2. Kombi of Hope

Kombi of Hope New Member

Megan and I had a great day at the Nats. We managed our splash of purple - it was hard to miss us amongst all the other swap meet stalls!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lots of familiar faces came to visit us and our new mascot Karma the Kombi of Hope Flying Pig proved very popular, especially with the kiddies (although you could see all the parents groaning at yet another soft toy - tee hee, sorry Neen)

[​IMG]

3. Kombi of Hope

Kombi of Hope New Member

Greg (Wirrah) took up the Real Men Wear Purple challenge!

[​IMG]

The highlight of the day was a trip on a trike, purple wigs and all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this was my favourite Kombi from the show. If KOH wasn't going to be purple, she'd be this beautiful RED

[​IMG]

4. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Josh,

Thanks for the comments and the many chats throughout the day - still cant believe yours didnt win or get a place - very worthy in my book. Its hard to know the faces of people who took out the awards as to what cars they own. Also thanks for the breif cruise home and I am sorry for making you go through so many red lights.

As Josh metioned Gus (my Syncro) managed to take out the best T3 of the day - luckily with not much competition.

I will try and get around to taking a photo of the trophy on Gus later.:p

Cheers,

5. Kombi of Hope

Kombi of Hope New Member

Thought this beetle was gorgeous AND it was For Sale but this photo was as close as I got to taking it home :)

[​IMG]

We had a great day, spoke to some lovely people, heard some inspiring cancer journeys, met some new people from Newcastle in a sleek black Kombi, gave out flyers, smiled till our faces hurt, handed out 100 purple helium balloons. The hit of the day were the super soft scarves that Jane (Meg's Mum) knitted for us. Thanks for all the hours with your needles Jane.

[​IMG]

Very pleased to meet Wirrah and Kaiisons at the last moment before pack up time. Good to catch up with some old faces we met for the first time at Old Bar. Thank you to everyone who came by the stall and bought t-shirts, raffle tickets, scarves and Karmas!

And all those cool Kombis has re-inspired us to get KOH finished and on the road so we can drive her to VW Nats next year and have her behind our stall . . . instead of my Toyota Forerunner :lol:

6. jb4845

jb4845 Member

Oops - T3 / T4 - I stop caring after Lowlights :D

Just kidding - definitely a well deserved award - I would have your bus anyday

Would love to know what won for the Bays - in my opinion not nearly enough categories for the Kombis - just Splits and Bays and standard / modified in each - so would be up against all Single Cabs / Doubles / Panels / Buses - yet they have categories for Standard and modified Type 1-5 for Golfs, including separate convertible categories!

No red lights Scott, but certainly gave the engine a work out - after about 3000 miles since install it seems to be really coming on strong so it was a good trip

JOSH

7. greenbay

greenbay New Member

Ella loves her pig ,Verity.She has renamed it oinky and slept with it last night.

8. Kombi of Hope

Kombi of Hope New Member

That's so cute - oinky!!

She will sleep with it until the next new soft toy comes into the house and then Karma will meet her fate on the soft toy scrap heap :(

9. winerot

winerot Active Member

okay sorry so we leave it at that okay.
    kombi of hope the cab you took pic of do you know how much is on it (for sale)

10. Kombi of Hope

Kombi of Hope New Member

Sorry i don't. I sent Ian over to have a look and there was no owner and just a mobile number. Seeing as we aren't really in a position to add yet another vehicle to our rapidly overflowing driveway, we didn't bother ringing.

11. winerot

winerot Active Member

thanks anyway & i too like the colour of it but maybe blue & red(my cab) are not a good combo.
    cheers wally

12. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

What about Jon Ward, Carl, Andy, Andrew & Royce, me :)umm: ) etc? All of us hunky looking male models.:p
    Jokes aside it was a great day. It was nice to catch up with the couple of members I'd met before & to meet others whom I've only ever "talked" to via the site or by PM.There were some fabulous looking vehicles there, some standard, some modified & some outrageous.
    It's given me even more enthusiasm to try & make it to Klubfest but that might be pushing things a little bit too far (we'll see).
    It was a pleasure to bring the wheels up Melissa & thanks for the beer, that wasn't necessary.
    Thanks Rob for bringing my new wheels down, it was great to meet you & the family.
    Right at the tail end of the day as I was about to leave I ran into Kai with his Dad & brother so had a chance to catch up & have a look at Kai's very neat bus.:)
    Too busy chatting to take many photos but I'll have a look & upload what I have (if anything).
    Hope to catch up with all of you on the Sutton Forest run in June.

13. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

:)

Thanks for the warm welcome and your continuing great work!

14. Kombi of Hope

Kombi of Hope New Member

Good combo if you supported the Knights in NRL though Wally :lol:

15. Terrordales

Nath, post a photo of yourself in a thread & you'll have people yelling out to you:lol: & coming for a chat/hug/handshake or even all 3 at the same time. That's what happened to me & I'd forgotten I'd even posted a photo of myself.:eek: Or maybe I'm just so memorable.:p

16. greenbay

greenbay New Member

i only introduced myself because i thought you were Eric Clapton Don ,(thats what your shirt said).

17. Terrordales

:lol: :lol:
    Very witty Jay. It was great to finally catch up & I'd hate to think what you'd have done if I'd had a Kylie or Madonna tee shirt on.:p

18. MISS VDUB

MISS VDUB New Member

Comments like that are usually moderated on KC aren't they? I know Lorraine would have meant it jokingly, but someone else did say the look on the girls face was priceless, not that they found it funny. I used to do this kind of work, and i'm sure they wouldn't have found it funny. They're still only human after all. Takes alot of guts to do it, as there are always people who feel they have to make comments.

No complaints from the boys i see! :rolleyes:

Keep the pics coming, looked like an awesome turn out!

19. melissa

Well you guys were just not dressed for it then!! LOL

Thanks again for delivering my wheels Don - enjoy that Pale Ale. :heart:

20. melissa

Oh yes Ash - we moderate everything here - to within an inch of its life - isnt that what you want everyone to think?
    I made the original post - perhaps you needed to be there? It was funny and at first the girls got a shock but then saw the joke in it.