1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VW Nationals Sydney

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Dubman, May 26, 2013.

1. Gerry and Robyn

Gerry and Robyn Active Member

Hi Scott,
    Great photos. Thanks. I wonder who belongs to the red Caravelle Syncro?

2. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Gerry,

That was a car-park bus which was too shy to come in.

I really like that colour but there was no sign of an Owner to get any details.

3. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

I think they should change the format slightly to include the carpark or at least make parking by the entrance VW only ;) - I think there was more VW's in the carpark than the show its self..

4. Greg N

Greg N Member

I prefered the show when it was held at the Soccer Federation Park in Parklea near Blacktown, there was plenty of green space, accomodation onsite was available as well. It didn't have the large awning, but it had an atmosphere. I remember there was VW's, swappers and onlookers everywhere. I am not really sure why the venue was changed to Fairfield Showground.

I think it was a great idea with the peer judging as well. Was that the first year for this to occur?

Greg

5. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Greg, becoming typical of VW shows where more stay out of the show and shine so they can come and go as they please -some don't want to have to pay to enter and there is also the issue or my VW is not good enough to enter a show and shine and there is always the chance that your VW will get scratched in the S&S as I've seen and experienced 1st hand.

Peer judging I believe used to happen but then they changed format for a few years and even had judging as you drove in which meant you cued for hours to get in which they no doubt felt the wroth of the VW community. Moved away from peer coz groups would choose a car and everyone vote for it so it wasn't an even playing field - a shit box someone in a club had got more votes then others which pissed others off as they could see what happened.

Venue always hard to get these days and sometimes it just comes down to where is closer and best for organisers + cost & facilities.

No doubt you've sussed all the above out already :)

6. Frank

Frank Active Member

I didn't stay to see what cars won - does anyone know the results, …and with pics of winning cars maybe?

7. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

I saw a guy from Mona Vale putting two winning trophies in his kombis.

He had the best modified Splitty (red/ chestnut brown 23 window split) and the best modified bay (mid blue coloured deluxe bay).

He looked to be a very deserved winner of the best bay but there was some conjecture about him also winning best splitty.

The best T3 was a white and black pop-top yet I didnt see any other results.

Bay winner:
    [​IMG]

Splitty winner looked like this but was the other one:
    [​IMG]

8. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Volkswagen Car of the Day

[​IMG]

People's Choice

[​IMG]

Kombi T1 Standard

[​IMG]

Kombi T1 Modified

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  9. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Kombi T2 Standard

[​IMG]

Kombi T2 Modified

[​IMG]

Transporter T3

[​IMG]

10. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

If entry was more like Berry Blast from the past, more would be involved a VW car park no pressure show n shine, no big song and dance easy come easy go set up. More of a relaxed approach perhaps.
    Still a top show from a spectators perspective although a working ATM would have been handy so I could spend at the swap meet (Came unprepared silly me)

11. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

12. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

All good Phill, there was a &-Eleven at the end of the driveway if I was super keen on something. Saved me from spending in front of my wife any way....:p

13. milly

milly Well-Known Member

This was our 2nd trip to the nationals all the way down from Port Macquarie, I spent 4 hours wandering around inside gobsmacked by all the sensational VW's and also spent over an hour in the outside carpark checking out them all out there as well.
    Did you see that nice 76 Bay with the Smiley face wheel cover ? Did anyone get a picture of it ?I really love that bus "Milly" I think it is;):D

Seriously we totally enjoyed the day and look forward to attending many many more outing.

Good to know Kai now works in sales for JK, we will be putting the bounce on him soon for mates rates:lol:

Steve, Kaz & Little Emilly

14. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

That is Nick's Gypsy.

Ian

15. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Port Macquarie Swap Meet next Sunday. A few of the VW people will be there. (Me included)

16. jobell

jobell Active Member

Hey Bernie, I'm with Scott - there's a lot to admire in a kombi where the owner does the work themselves! I wish I could. I'm only slightly better with working on computers... let's see how I go uploading a few pics. It's been a while...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. jobell

jobell Active Member

Hmmm, nearly got it right! I'll try some more...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. jobell

jobell Active Member

19. jobell

jobell Active Member

20. jobell

jobell Active Member