1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VW Warwick Weekend 07

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by The Dub Driver (Byronbug), Sep 30, 2007.

1. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Warwick weekend was so great....really great to see some Dubbers putting the foot down & seeing some fun & smiles :)
    Anyway I am sure craig (VMA Magazine) will post the winners soon....but as promised some pics for you all to enjoy...

One of the favourites & crowd pleasers "20B" Aaron Roberts black 76 2000cc rotary kombi...

[​IMG]

Chris Bolton's 89 Formula Vee 1200cc type 1

[​IMG]

Gunter Bogholz"s (VolksMod) purple 84 Manx 2100cc aircooled type 1

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  2. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

More... 20B Burnout..
    [​IMG]

The line up to race sunday morning..

[​IMG]

One of the many wheelstands of Gordon Boatfield yellow 75 Buggy 2000cc Toyota

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  3. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

One of the fastest cars on the track..."Dangerous" Dave Butler's white 60 Beetle2715cc Pauter Aircooled Bug
    [​IMG]

Lachlan Smith's brown 61 2110cc bug...

[​IMG]

4. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

Wally's 67 bug 2275cc Turbo Type 1
    [​IMG]

Some of the kombi's lined up for the show n shine Sunday....
    [​IMG]

Another Split we found parked near the pits camping...
    [​IMG]

5. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

A closer look at "Daizy"....
    [​IMG]

6. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

Trevor Luckhurst in the green '73 1915cc bug
    [​IMG]

Father & son racing together...20B Aaron & Barry Roberts in the '75 2200cc Subaru kombi
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  7. noons99

noons99 New Member

Cool pics, I was going to goto that with my mate in his Kombi. His parents went also i think. Looks like it woulda been heaps of fun!

8. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Thanks for putting them up Judy. I love the brown 61 Beetle - very nice!

I've said to my kids that I'll buy them all a Beetle as their first car (originally was going to be Kombis but they'll be too many $ by the time they drive, and they can't fit as many people into a Beetle as they can a Kombi), but will now have to make sure they never see these pictures or go to Warwick themselves, otherwise God knows what they'll get up to!! I can see the skid marks already..... :D

9. Das_Dubber

Das_Dubber Member

Nice pics Judy - good to see you again albeit briefly! I was too busy trying to either sort out my starter motor problems, or tune my borrowed carbs that I didn't have too much time to talk to anywhere near the number of people I had hoped!

It was a great weekend - heaps of fun!
    Alan

10. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

More of the kombi's...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. goodfella

goodfella New Member

Warwick 2007 green and white splitty PIXIE

Yes it was a great day thanks for taking a picture of our kombie the green and white splitty called PIXIE it was her first VW outing which we all enjoyed!! Great to meet a few new people including a guy with his two lads with a white Bay who brought over some lemmings, John with the Yellow beach buggy who introduced me to Trevor Lockhurst who is a nice chap aswell!!
    All round a great show for the second one!!
    :) :) :) :)

12. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

the guy who bought you over the lamingtons is John (JHB88) on this forum....& yes John & Trevor are nice guys...
    Luved your bus....new it would have a nice "Name"
    (I'm a bit of a pixie/fairie fan myself)
    Judy (Black beetle parked near you that day)

13. Double Cab

Double Cab Member

Like everyone who made the most of every minute of the weekend, I am totally exhausted. With less than two weeks to the deadline for issue#16 of VWMA, I did fall asleep at the computer yesterday.

At trophy presentation, Chris Loy, president of the Warwick Dragclub hinted at a conversation he and I had on Saturday night about future Warwicks, and the effort that goes into organising the event. I probably don't need to state the obvious, but the ask is huge.

However, it would seem I have little choice in the matter about future events. VW Warwick, like the magazine, now has its own momentum, driven by the enthusiasm and energy of the OZ VW scene. Racers and spectators alike want more action events such as these, and it all adds to the excitement of owning and driving Volkswagens.

I'm happy to say after the record field this year and the fantastic support from sponsors, especially VGA, that VW Warwick on the October long weekend is now a permanent calendar event. I've already had enquiries this week about 2008, and been told of at least six more cars to be definitely on the staging lanes next year.

Some one also asked how do you make it better? You don't - the racing makes it a success, and with a few improvements to exisiting facilities and some of the off track functions, the fun element will only increase.

My only suggestion to competitors? Start work on your cars this year - I already have!

14. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

We had an absolute ball watching the drags and hope to make it again next year. Deb's brother is right into VDubs aswell but tends towards beetles. He is planning to enter the racing next year which will be a real hoot. Anyway I have taken a few photos myself.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

15. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

16. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

17. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

Thanks for posting the pic Dean.. :)
    had a great time there...glad you & Deb came....
    Judy

18. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

It's a toss up between the drags and Old Bar next year. If they split the weekends that would be good. Then we would go to both.

19. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

20. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is my favourite....A kombi draggin' off a beetle
    [​IMG]