1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VWDCQldInc Action Day Sunday 13th September 2015

Discussion in 'Event Discussion' started by KahunaKombi, Jul 30, 2015.

1. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Steve
    Usually a group meet at ett pub about 7.30 ish and cruise down

2. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Gates open @ 9.00am Steve. Well there really aren't any gates except the witches hats and you'll find it'll take a while to get everyone parked in the street(s) into the allocated grassed area ... 9.30-10.00am and you'll be able drive straight in but street parking will be sparse.
    It used to be 6.30 or 7.00 am I think but council got noise complaints from residents about the gooses with loud exhaust having to see who could make the most noise :rolleyes:

3. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

Thanks All, hopefully be able to make it, as I'm a first timer, is it a big event ? Say compared to dubs by abbey as that's the only recent comparison I have. Cheers

4. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

very similar
    Dubs was a good turnout this year and possibly a bit bigger than has been for a while .probably more than action day usualy gets??

5. Weekender

Weekender Well-Known Member

I was going to leave Ashgrove around 8.30 am. Anyone else leaving Brisbane Northside around that time?

6. paul77

paul77 Well-Known Member

Hi Leo, i am heading out that time as well. Perhaps meet at vinnies, reading centre?

7. Weekender

Weekender Well-Known Member

Great Paul - we can start with a coffee! 8.30am @ Reading (Coles) shopping centre at Newmarket. Anyone else is welcome!:D

leo

paul77 likes this.
  8. rubymulley

rubymulley Member

Roll on Sunday, is everyone getting excited!

9. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Size varies Steve, had some issues over past couple of years with postponements owing to weather and an administrative issue with not paying the council/public liability insurance for the event.

10. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Best event of the year I reckon. On a sunny day that spot is awesome.

11. Old Dubber

Old Dubber Active Member

Bert, as you are a Super Moderator. I think these sorts of statements are not called for!

Grahame

Squidy likes this.
  12. larrywaves

larrywaves Member

I am going as well might see you at Readings Shopping centre about 8.

13. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

????????

14. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

15. paul77

paul77 Well-Known Member

cu there. just look for 2 blue kombis or 2 guys having coffee with a golden retriever.

16. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

You traveling as a single man to this one Paul. Least you will be there is time to park in the main section. With two rat bags in tow I am not sure. I will probably be sent to the lazy sleep in parking area again..... :rolleyes:

17. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

guide dog driving ? :p

18. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

good for some shade tho :)
    suppose you want to be a show pony after all the cash spent ?

"secondary display area, Brads bus, 100m to the right, don't wake the kids , don't ask how much in front of Anita'

19. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Ask how much? You mean for the kids? If there asleep then I am keeping them.
    If they are screaming then they are free. ;)

And as far as the show pony thing is concerned Col. I am weighing up in my head if I will even bother cleaning the gecko crap off my roof for it.
    See how I feel on Saturday. There is an outside chance I will even wash it..... But it is an outside chance.

At the Gold Coast show I rocked up with the kids and though, 'Geez, bus finally looks good for a show' and parked behind two splits with full period accessory set up and I realised that shows were not my thing. So I didn't even brush away the half chewed sultana's from the floor before going to look at the parts stalls. :rolleyes: Its just my soccer mum bus after all.

Serious85 and melissa like this.
  20. paul77

paul77 Well-Known Member

If I get a chance to clean the bus up a bit on Saturday I might consider parking on the grass. Taking the dog kind of excludes showing off a clean interior though and he would probably appreciate some shade anyway.