VWs @theberrypatch is on again!

Discussion in 'Tasmania' started by Onslo, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Burgs

Burgs Member

Kbskombi, just stalked your profile and saw your location is Howrah combined with a smiley face in your last post I reckon your a definite :)

2. carazeee

carazeee Member

I'll figure out what Kerry (kbskombi) is doing too! Yeah I was thinking early/mid morning!

3. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

Yes its a big trip, but it really is only 3.5 hours if you take it easy. You really want to leave that early? 8-8:30 would be a bit more realistic. I am still contemplating the various options but if I do go part way we can meet up on the road. That way I can get some shuteye before you get to us.;-)

Adrian

4. carazeee

carazeee Member

I reckon 8-8:30 too Adrian! Sounds a bit better... Bit more sleep then!

5. Burgs

Burgs Member

Im easy, just putting a time out there to get the ball rolling. I've had breakfast and had a surf and already half an hour into work by 730 most mornings. I will relax and see you guys around 830 maybe out front of Banjos or the car park next door.

6. carazeee

carazeee Member

8:30 sounds good! See you there!

7. Mordred

Sounds like a plan. It is looking more like I will join you two at this stage as there is more to get sorted and not time to sort it to go the night before. Do you have UHF radios in your vehicles?

Adrian

8. carazeee

carazeee Member

I have a handheld Adrian, I'll try and get the battery charged!! (Plus I'll try and remember your little wire snips that you left at my place ages ago too!)

9. Burgs

Burgs Member

Good to hear, yeah I have a handheld just need to find it and charge. I was after more info for the day and saw they had a facebook page. People have been asking to reserve camping spots so drop them a post online if anyone is deciding to stay and they will confirm with you. I'm running out of time, need a quick tune up tonight and my gears are all over the place after changing my gear shift bushes, boots and coupling. I just can't get the plate under my gear stick right.

10. Burgs

Burgs Member

11. Burgs

Burgs Member

12. kombiwomble

kombiwomble Active Member

We will be there - travelling from the South on Saturday morning. Still several things to do to ensure the run will be uneventful - looking forward to seeing some Kombis on the road.
    If all else fails there are some camping spots nearby that will help make a weekend of it :)
    See you on the road!

13. carazeee

carazeee Member

Meet us at sorell Banjos kombiwomble??

14. Mordred

Burgs, I know for a Bay you change in to second and the gear shift should be at 90 degrees to the floor panel, and the plate below should be as far over to the left as possible.

Glad to know you all have radios, I am normally on 21 when on runs unless there is too many yahoos around.

Adrian

15. Burgs

Burgs Member

Thanks for the info, I dug up an old post you commented on a whole back and helped a lot. I'm not 100% happy with the shifting but it's drivable, took me many adjustments. Radio charged, gave the bus a good tune up and clean. I'm ready to cruise.

16. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

Hope it is on next year as we will be in Tassie at this time. Is the camping area pet friendly?

Ian

17. carazeee

carazeee Member

On again the same weekend (one after the March long weekend) and yep, pet friendly! Was a great weekend

18. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

any pics ?

19. carazeee

carazeee Member

I've put them on fb, will put some up here tomo!

20. Burgs

Burgs Member

image.jpg What an awsome show. We had a total of 5 kombi's gather in the morning not far from Hobart in preparation for the cruise and looked like we had ourselves a convoy up to Turners Beach. An absolutly brilliant venue and event not to be missed. Was great meeting a whole new bunch of people and the weekend would not have been the same otherwise. Looking forward to getting together again for a cruise if I'm alowed back :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    TassieDorm and kombiwomble like this.