1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanda has gone to the coast!

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Royce, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Royce

Royce Active Member

Just a short note to mention that Wanda has left us to make her new home on the sunny south coast of NSW with a scruffy old man and his dogs! LOL! We are without a T3 now...:(

Hope you both enoy each others company and visit often. Their new fleet has started ...:p

RB

2. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

is that a scruffy old hippy type ??
    I got to tell you that was a hell of a test drive.....:rolleyes:

3. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Good on that happy hippy...do whatever makes you happy I say
    J x

4. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

I second that abso-bloody-lutely.....enjoy your new ride.

5. Royce

Royce Active Member

Aint that the truth Pat....But he did come back with a VERY nice bottle of 15yo Single Malt though, that is now addorning my drink trolley in the study (I may enjoy a tipple tonight, I just may!)

I was sad to see her go, she was the bus we picked up all the kids in on day one, and the bus we took the whole family to tassie in, and the one that ALWAYS got us out of trouble when all the other ones failed. A day of mixed emotions, and remembering. Still cant get used to selling members of my family, which is just as well for the kids I think....LOL

6. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Sad but at least you know you will be seeing her from time to time :D She is still in the KC family

7. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

GEE !! ya think he could have got you some fresh whiskey:eek:

that old stuff probably tastes off !!!:umm:

8. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

Yes folks it's true.:eek: I've gone over to the dark side.
    This happy old hippy is now the proud owner of Wanda The White Wedge.
    Went to take her back today & Royce & Andrew made an offer that was too good to say no.:D After an extended test drive, in all conditions short of snow & ice, I was even more convinced that as a daily driver a T3 would be the way to go. Plenty of power, comfort & most importantly affordability. I've been doing some serious looking around since I got back from the north & nothing I saw came close to Wanda.
    Pat, I don't DO new whisky so The Troopers will just have to make do with some old stuff that was lying around. Hope you enjoy it.:D
    Thanks again guys for letting me have a special piece of your family & she is now part of the Terrordale family & yes the pink boa will be staying. :cool:
    BTW Royce, I object to the old bit.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  9. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Congratulations Don.

10. dakbus

dakbus Member

A T3 Don, well done mate, a fantastic vehicle to drive, anyone who sledges a T3 has not had the pleasure of being behind the wheel, enjoy.

11. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Ooo.... NICE CHOICE! ;)

Welcome to the watercooled world Don! :)

You now own a 1 in 4500, as well as your 1 in 65,000.

12. Miss Leah

Miss Leah Member

Congrats Don :)

13. T1 Terry

T1 Terry Well-Known Member

Congratulation Don, clever marketing strategy by the Troopers I think :lol: :lol: As a well known member would say “Soft Don” power, comfort, reliability, affordability, these aren’t kombi words are they surely. Next thing you will be telling us that it has a heater that just blows hot air and not cold foul smelling stench through the cab, where will it end? That’s it, I will never be able to drive a T3 now, Kombi would never forgive me if I spoke words like that in his/her presence (still not sure after 10yrs). Do they make T3 campers, aarrrggg, what am I saying.
    Will OSI still be the special outing vehicle? Power you say, comfort, reliability, a working heater, hhmmmm, very tempting, I must be strong

T1 Terry

14. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Well well well, Don. A-looky what we have 'ere! Looks like a few creature comforts don't go astray as we get further into seniority... ;)

Seriously, well done sir. I still have yet to take a ride in a T3 and see what the fans are on about. But hey - the motor's in the right spot, it's a horizontally-opposed four cylinder, and heck, there's even a VW logo on the front! And just quitely (don't tell anyone) they look mighty fine on big alloys with their chunky proportions and are soooo much easier to lower with their conventional suspension...

Wait a minute! I'm starting to get dreamy-eyed like Terry! :p

15. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

Congratulations. T3s are the best for carting dogs around. You need to get one of these decals and join the Hundewagen club :)

[​IMG]

16. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

T3...one step closer to the nursing home !!...........:wtf::p

17. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

ROFL love it Pat.

18. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Congratulations Don, another T3 recruit.:D

19. Royce

Royce Active Member

Really sorry Don, it was a momentary lapse of reason brought about by a momentary swig of 15yo "off" whiskey. I will need to ease up a little before getting on KC forums...LOL (hic!)

Seriously, I know you will enjoy her company, as we did. It was a very sombre dinner last night with lots of walking/driving down memory lane.

Now to dredge Melissa's brain for things to do heh?

RB

20. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Wow what a way to sell and buy a car :)

Wirrah - agree with the T3 our dog would get into it no problems and travel happily with us as would the Mrs but with the T2 she just doesn't like to travel in it just like the Mrs.