1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting 2 buy a vw toaster.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jennifer lane, Jul 8, 2013.

1. jennifer lane

jennifer lane Member

YAY!! Rebuild on Longneck paid 4.And just hit the buy button on EBay, an bought myself a red an white VW toaster from Japan,Lifes good out here on the Nullabor...

2. skat66

skat66 Member

Hi Jen,

Great to hear that Longneck is on the go.:cool: Now if only that toaster was cheaper and 240v

Garry n Kate

3. jennifer lane

jennifer lane Member

Toaster has arrived from Japan,very happy with it,Will not b using it,Just display in glass cabinet in Longneck...

4. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Hopefully they get longneck sorted out properly this time Jen. Im guessing you found someone else to do the work this time.

5. jennifer lane

jennifer lane Member

Yeah sure did Brian,Beyond Customs in Perth,Have had her 4 awhile now,Longneck will b all VT commodore,when i get her back,Should have done this 3 full 2litre trans rebuilds ago,Plus diff an torque,Bring on xmas hols an getting her back,Its been 2yrs of heartache with her...would not have even done 8000KS All up with the 3/2litre builds.an left stranded remote each time,the build is onthis thread,what they r doing 2 her,An yay me on getting the toaster 2..

6. REB

REB Member

Only from Japan when you buy your vw
    Pretty good if you can get one without buying the car

7. jennifer lane

jennifer lane Member

Hey Reb,They r on EBAY,exie but well worth it...

8. jennifer lane

jennifer lane Member

[All finished,Picking longneck up when i go up 2 Perth next month.Nearly a year without her...QUOTE=jennifer lane;487314]Well,will not b getting toaster any time soon,Longneck is going in 2months earlier 4 major rebuild, Beyond Customs in Morley Perth r doing the job.1 PCE/V Drive $1,909.09..1PCE Commodore Auto $2,272.72..1PCE Commodore diff $454.55..1PCE Auto-V-Drive shaft/couping $618.18..1PCE V-Drive to Diff shaft $800.00...1PCE Drive Shaft $1,363.63..1PCE Auto Mount $381.81..1pce Diff Cradle an Mounts $1,090.90..1PCE V-Drive Mounting $772.72.Alterations to floor material,remount engine to the left,1PCE Radiater replacement $475.00..Labour $2,545.45..GST$1262.73...TOTAL $13,890.00..all good Longneck is going into Beyond Customs in Morley 2morrow..Have a look at what these guys do..Got acouple of kombi,s in at the moment, having major rebuilds to them...[/QUOTE]

9. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed that its all sweet and does the job with no more trouble Jen.

I assume they have checked over the whole vehicle as well to give it a clean bill of health.?

You deserve some chill out time in her so good luck
    Maybe a bit of Margaret river and some GREEN fields :lol:

cheers
    col

10. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

The power consumption of these VW toasters is rated as 700W so one would still be looking at a rather substantial step down transformer to operate it - Then has been pointed out the 100V supply voltage means commonly available off the shelf step down transformers wont work. (But they usualy can be modified to reduce their output voltage)

If the unit could be dissasembled it may be possible to replace the heating elements with elements from an Australian toaster negating the need for a transformer at all.

11. saabman

Hey Jenifer your Kombi is that the stretched black and yellow one (I think) - and you boughht it in QLd a couple of years ago?

12. jennifer lane

jennifer lane Member

Yes saabman,It,s yellow,And this mth is 3years since i bought it at RTTS.Counting the sleeps now, till i go on holidays an pick her up...The toaster will not b used,Will b put in glass display cabinet in my kombi,Just 4 show Cheers Jeni...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  13. saabman

It all fits together now - I remember that bus at RTTS -