1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wet Sunday Arvo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kyznet, Jun 1, 2008.

1. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Just wondering what everyone's doing this wet Sunday arvo? Well, in Brisbane anyway.

We've spent about 4 hours playing Rummikub, euchre, Pass The Pigs and drinking waaaay too much red wine, but jeez it was fun. Kids (and friends) had a great time.

What did you do?

2. MISS VDUB

MISS VDUB New Member

Are you condoning underage drinking Kyra? LOL Those kids will sleep well tonight...

Bob and i went for a lovely rainforest stroll around our new block here in Mt Nebo. It's so lovely after its been raining, especially when you get to come home to a nice roaring fire.

Ash x

3. zeuspig

zeuspig Active Member

I was pretty hung over today so the weather was great for that.

I just relaxed and finally finished off my last assignment that is due tomorrow.

4. gsa2at

gsa2at New Member

i lay under the bus replacing a cv joint
    ran into trouble with broken bolts in wheel shaft ( neighbour helped get these out)
    ran into trouble with broken brake spring - spares bus supplied spring and reasonable cv

i was wet and greasy all day

the rain is good though - filled up our water tanks

5. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

What is this wet weather you speak of? I got home from work this weekend to fin it was ideal painting weather, Ah well the money's always handy I suppose. I'll have to get the wood fire going and heat the place up I suppose...

6. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

I was in the same boat as Brad - doing the hangover recovery thing! With both a wine & cheese night, plus a friend's housewarming to attend last night, my evening was never going to be anything less than big.

So I spent today lounging, sleeping, doing a little bit of washing (not too much, 'cause I can't hang it outside!) and a spot of KC checking. T'was a perfect day for it, I thought.

7. chopper

chopper New Member

Didn't get home until 06.00 this morning after a good nite out (blues and jazz festival in Broadbeach) with my best mate - had my cousin over from Holland and I lost him around 04.00...........he only knew he was staying in Burleigh so he told the taxi driver to keep driving around until he spotted a yellow and white Kombi in a driveway!!!!!!!!!! He got in just before us.....
    Needless to say I slept most of the day!!!

chopper

8. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Bad food ...don't you hate it!

Must have been something you ate Chopper!:wtf:

9. JHB88

JHB88 Member

Australia v Iraq.

We won 1-0.

Took Baldwithabeard and a mate of his and a mate of mine.

Good afternoon and early evening.

10. Dudo

Dudo New Member

drank beer and tinkered on kombi

11. Schmoburger

Schmoburger Active Member

I just got back from a bit of a random cruise round Canberra... went out at about 5 and went for a stroll up the side of Parliament House and watched the most beautiful sunset over the city... I'd forgotten how nice everything looks from Parliament House. Then I went for a stroll down to Old Parliament House to admire it from outside (as it had closed already), and then went for a stroll through the old House Of Reps Garden before heading off and cruisng up Black Mountain to test the carb adjustments I'd made and get my head together to the strains of Live pumping through my one speaker... Got back about an hour ago and have been discussing Marxism and politics in general with my Turkish housemate since! :lol:

12. jackhickling

jackhickling Member

stuck up the tent and continued to sand the kombi :p

13. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Spent the day cleaning up autumn leaves, topping up the fish pond.... and dreaming of it being a "wet Sunday afternoon". - maybe Tues or Wed, if the forecast are right.

We could do with a few decent mm of rain here.

14. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Our daughter Lisa is up from Sydney. Why does it always rain when she visits?
    We did managed to do over the Byron Markets between showers, head over to Judys for Birthday BBQ, then back through Bangalow for a quick look at the shops and grab a lovely coffee to warm us all up.
    Nice day :) .....Lorraine

15. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Funny how alcohol and sleep featured for so many of us! Wonder what that says about us.

Still raining - damn hard too - our water tank is chockers, pool is overflowing, so I reckon the gods must know when it's really needed. Trust it will make it to ACT by middle of the week for you Grantus. :)

16. Cai

Cai New Member

Spent most of the day cleaning up after our little destruction master "10 week old lab puppy" that took most of the day, then watched the football from the couch, glad i didnt actually go to the match since it poured with rain!