1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What a waste

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Schnidlee, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Schnidlee

Schnidlee Member

I put my public holiday to good use today and chased up a lead on a splitty. Unfortunately it looks too far gone to get back on the road but im in negotiations with the owner to take it for parts. Another bloke needs a few "linkage" bits (owner is not sure what) and then i think ill end up with what's left.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The whole roof will literally peel off plus its been jumped on and the crash it was in was big enough to bend even the seat base so it is very damaged. If i get it old man wants me to keep it but i think it will end up a parts bus unfortunately. from the bulkhead back is fixable but i think you would need another bus to get this back together. Will keep you all updated on whether or not i get it.

2. urbexdweller

urbexdweller Member

id be keen on those tail lights if your wanting to sell ?

3. kombi rescue

kombi rescue New Member

looks like this one had a wood grain dash inserted...................

4. 74westy

74westy New Member

OoOoo, in adelaide too. Wish i was spending my holidays like that.....hmmm.
    Well if this guy can rescue this one http://www.ssvc.ukshells.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=46441&sid=4af44fd1ba7d7d35c5679defe9c96eef
    Surely someone could fix that one, with a wod of cash.......
    Looks pretty gone, have you got a splitty already or would this be your first?

By the way, thanks for lettin me cruise home with you the other day, your kombi sounds awesome. Mines off road at the mo, waiting for parts :( but i think its best for him. He will go alot better. The copper throught that RBT told me it was too loud. eeekk

Good luck with this project thingo.

5. redhotchilliwilli

redhotchilliwilli New Member

thats repairable......................................

6. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

That'll buff out....

7. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

Bit of bog & fibreglass.
    She'll be right mate.:)

8. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

DUDE!! put up a warning before posting photos like that!!:wtf:
    I almost hurled when I saw the first shot !!!:eek: :barf:

9. Mafti

Mafti New Member

Hey Matt, I can lay claim to finding this first. My 10 year old spotted this from his school play ground about a year ago. We eventually worked out how to get to it via that dirt track, then was very dissapointed when we saw it up close. pretty much resembled a chook shed. Not alot salvagable. In Verdun right ?

Mafti

10. Schnidlee

Schnidlee Member

thats the one mate. i didnt think it would be at all visible from anywhere its well and truly stashed, maybe i need to have a kid so he/she can find me splits?:lol: . i know the bloke who owns the property, its been there for years apparently.