1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your Kombi today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BrianK, Feb 6, 2013.

1. deeksy62

deeksy62 Active Member

And the result was???????
    All good I hope.

2. evan&janine

evan&janine Active Member

Hi Chris, if I needed to retrace my steps to either remember something,find something, or replace I'd have to walk back to 1961.
    My policy , I just ask Janine and wear the loving spray

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2018
    chris taylor likes this.
  3. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Evan ,if thats what works then go for it my friend .lol must remember that one :rolleyes:

4. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

5. evan&janine

evan&janine Active Member

Chris, its yours no copyright here.Usually follows return of serve to her, either looks or brains you don't get both.

6. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

I have neither.

7. Elsie 76

Elsie 76 Active Member

Elsie had a head ache and was running on 3 cylinders. Bummer........... :( Took here to the mechanics at North Belmont and it's terminal. :(:( A rebuild required for the 2litre power plant. Despite the huge hole in my pocket it now placed our trip to Stanthorpe in jeopardy as it is such a long run after having the motor rebuilt. :(:(:( Was gunna be our first Bus Stop after a 2 year resto and the beginning of our camping adventures. Anyway, wait and see how she comes back from major surgery. :)

8. David H

David H Well-Known Member

What a BUMMER:(. What's the time frame on rebuild?

9. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Something no one wants to experience or hear the $$$$ it's going to cost :confused:

10. Elsie 76

Elsie 76 Active Member

Hey David, the rebuild is about two weeks, but it is the cost that will delay everything. I don't have a lazy $5K burning a hole in my pocket. So, I think I'll pick Elsie up and put her in storage for a few months whilst I look at best options and save some pennies. :)
    Craig

David H likes this.
  11. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Cost to repair may be equal to 4 to 12 months lease repayments on a new joyless car. ;)

At least you own the bus outright.......:)

David H and Elsie 76 like this.
  12. David H

Got a new set of liners, pistons, rings here Mahle brand (good stuff) from Tooleys that you can 'borrow' & replace when you get a chance if this helps you Craig;).
    Cheers

Elsie 76 likes this.
  13. betsy

betsy Well-Known Member

fitted my new headliner. ..its actually an old blanket...still have to work out how to fit the edges. FB_IMG_1518435899337.jpg

14. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Is that to keep you warm, in the event of a vehicle “roll over” in a remote area, until help arrives? :rolleyes:

betsy likes this.
  15. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

16. Elsie 76

Elsie 76 Active Member

Thanks David, I appreciate the support. You're a good bloke!
    I've bitten the bullet and Elsie is getting a new motor over the next week or so. :) Yeah.

David H likes this.
  17. David H

No problems;). Good choice you've made & still in with a chance at Bus Stop:D. Just get 1,000km on it (bit of hardship there driving your Kombi after so long:D) & oil change before & all will be good. Be a good run at nice cruise speed. You coming up with http://forums.kombiclub.com/threads/travelling-to-stanthorpe.56122/. Might work best with a new engine:p. I've already organised my tow & low fuel usage!!
    Oh...& thanks for my 1,000th like:D.
    Cheers

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Elsie 76 and chris taylor like this.
  18. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

My Kombi 23rd birthday since I purchased it .So I decided to put a new foam seal that goes around engine in.The old one was deteriorating.

evan&janine and David H like this.
  19. Elsie 76

Elsie 76 Active Member

:):D
    Hey David, I pick up Elsie tomorrow, and hoping all goes well. Unfortunately, I can't make the Komvoy on Thursday morning (work commitments) and I'm leaving Thursday evening. We will probably just get a few hours up the highway and pull over somewhere and spend the night. Then onto Stanthorpe on Friday.
    You're welcome on the 1K like :D

20. David H

Hi Craig,
    Went past Nemeyers last week & saw Elsie patiently waiting:) outside. Hope it all goes well. Let us know how things are after the rebuild & before you go;).
    Catch you both at Stanthorpe.
    Cheers

OSF likes this.