What did you do to your Kombi today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BrianK, Feb 6, 2013.

1. evan&janine

evan&janine Active Member

Hi Chris, if I needed to retrace my steps to either remember something,find something, or replace I'd have to walk back to 1961.
    My policy , I just ask Janine and wear the loving spray

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2018
    chris taylor likes this.
  2. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Evan ,if thats what works then go for it my friend .lol must remember that one :rolleyes:

3. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

4. evan&janine

evan&janine Active Member

Chris, its yours no copyright here.Usually follows return of serve to her, either looks or brains you don't get both.

5. chris taylor

I have neither.

6. Elsie had a head ache and was running on 3 cylinders. Bummer........... :( Took here to the mechanics at North Belmont and it's terminal. :(:( A rebuild required for the 2litre power plant. Despite the huge hole in my pocket it now placed our trip to Stanthorpe in jeopardy as it is such a long run after having the motor rebuilt. :(:(:( Was gunna be our first Bus Stop after a 2 year resto and the beginning of our camping adventures. Anyway, wait and see how she comes back from major surgery. :)

7. David H

David H Well-Known Member

What a BUMMER:(. What's the time frame on rebuild?

8. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Something no one wants to experience or hear the $$$$ it's going to cost :confused:

9. Hey David, the rebuild is about two weeks, but it is the cost that will delay everything. I don't have a lazy $5K burning a hole in my pocket. So, I think I'll pick Elsie up and put her in storage for a few months whilst I look at best options and save some pennies. :)
    Craig

David H likes this.
  10. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Cost to repair may be equal to 4 to 12 months lease repayments on a new joyless car. ;)

At least you own the bus outright.......:)

David H and Elsie 76 like this.
  11. David H

Got a new set of liners, pistons, rings here Mahle brand (good stuff) from Tooleys that you can 'borrow' & replace when you get a chance if this helps you Craig;).
    Cheers

Elsie 76 likes this.
  12. betsy

betsy Well-Known Member

fitted my new headliner. ..its actually an old blanket...still have to work out how to fit the edges. FB_IMG_1518435899337.jpg

13. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Is that to keep you warm, in the event of a vehicle “roll over” in a remote area, until help arrives? :rolleyes:

betsy likes this.
  14. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

15. Thanks David, I appreciate the support. You're a good bloke!
    I've bitten the bullet and Elsie is getting a new motor over the next week or so. :) Yeah.

David H likes this.
  16. David H

No problems;). Good choice you've made & still in with a chance at Bus Stop:D. Just get 1,000km on it (bit of hardship there driving your Kombi after so long:D) & oil change before & all will be good. Be a good run at nice cruise speed. You coming up with http://forums.kombiclub.com/threads/travelling-to-stanthorpe.56122/. Might work best with a new engine:p. I've already organised my tow & low fuel usage!!
    Oh...& thanks for my 1,000th like:D.
    Cheers

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Elsie 76 and chris taylor like this.
  17. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

My Kombi 23rd birthday since I purchased it .So I decided to put a new foam seal that goes around engine in.The old one was deteriorating.

David H likes this.
  18. :):D
    Hey David, I pick up Elsie tomorrow, and hoping all goes well. Unfortunately, I can't make the Komvoy on Thursday morning (work commitments) and I'm leaving Thursday evening. We will probably just get a few hours up the highway and pull over somewhere and spend the night. Then onto Stanthorpe on Friday.
    You're welcome on the 1K like :D

19. David H

Hi Craig,
    Went past Nemeyers last week & saw Elsie patiently waiting:) outside. Hope it all goes well. Let us know how things are after the rebuild & before you go;).
    Catch you both at Stanthorpe.
    Cheers

OSF likes this.
  20. chris taylor

Went camping with grandson , got it dirty , and messed up, loved it. Today clean it out, tidy it up , give it a wash and thank it for a great time.....

melissa and cbus like this.