1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your Kombi today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BrianK, Feb 6, 2013.

1. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Decided to change a few things around on the inside so here is the finished product The work board between the stove and the two storage drawers was Davids H idea and a good one at that ,{dont know why i did not think of it } any rate going to catch up with Wattie at Mildura in June so will give it a good work out on the way up there. The door trims covers is from some left over material from the curtains, waste not want not.
    20180515_145536.jpg 20180516_140702.jpg 20180516_141002.jpg

2. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Geez Chris, for a young bloke you do like it flashy:p! Those door trims are something to behold;) as are the curtains.
    Love it:D.
    Cheers

chris taylor likes this.
  3. chris taylor

Great photo Melissa, Sun Sea Surf and Kombi vans ,its like they were made just for such a photo.
    If you dont mind me asking is the Royal Enfield a restored English bike or an Indian built one, you see a lot of them in TV shows from India.

melissa likes this.
  4. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

It’s an Indian one Chris. Scott loves it. They have been building them there for years.

5. chris taylor

Nothing wrong with them ,as far as i know they are built to the original specs , they used to build what we know as the old Morris Oxford which they use as Taxis.
    They do it well ,
    Cheers Melissa ,,,, Chris

melissa likes this.
  6. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Yes, they are as original specs. :)

7. Weekender

Weekender Well-Known Member

It was time for the "Clean once every 40 years" water tank clean. Had given it a few doses of commercially purchased "Tank Clean". But after some googling there are many options about what to do. So for the tank it got a dammed good hose out, then 75ml bleach to 50 litres. A drive around, then flushing, then 125 grams of Bi Carb of soda and a full tank, and a drive around, followed by more flushing and driving and eventually a full tank (which on Macca is 45 litres - yeah - just another 45kg of load....) I will also now subscribe to the "keep it full" strategy.

Water looks clean, smells clean and no crud comes out of the tank. But hey - who actually drinks water.....:D

chris taylor, melissa and David H like this.
  8. David H

For cooking purposes only Weekender:p;). Like the sherry:oops:!
    Cheers

Weekender likes this.
  9. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Brought it home from storage. Time to prep for a new motor :)
    IMG_1280.JPG

10. Gordon D

Gordon D Active Member

Dropped the motor for the first time - need to have a good look at a not so healthy motor :(

2018-05-26 18.16.46_resized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2018
    Syncro27, Wayne murray and David H like this.
  11. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

The fun has begun :D

Gordon D likes this.
  12. chris taylor

Repaced the happy boy and peace sign with a spare wheel , tried to use the old wheel hanger but did not work so had found some heavy plate and made a new one ,looks good even the welding came up solid ,belted it a few times with a big hammer ,yep is all good . the first one is now , the second one is as it was 20180527_144011.jpg

20180303_084247.jpg

BrianK, KahunaKombi, Ninga and 3 others like this.
  13. chris taylor

Gotta find a place for the little fella though....and the fog lights . And the number plate has been moved , just be my luck to get done .

14. David H

Hi Chris,
    Would those fog lights fit on the inside of the roo bar outer lower arcs? Reckon that would look good:D. Then put another 2 lights where the number plate was/is & with all lights on it'd look like he was smiling:cool:.
    No suggestions for 'little man' other than on the passengers seat;).
    Number plate to bumper bar RHS?
    Cheers

Wayne murray likes this.
  15. chris taylor

Hi Dave , Have put n/plate rhs b/bar, i think from a legal perspective thats where it would have to go.. Did look at placing fog lights where you suggested but will not fit maybe above the tyre on either side could be a go, just thinking ,the little fella and peace sign might go down the bottom????

16. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Quick lowering job Chris ?:D
    Notice any difference in handling/steering?

17. David H

Hi Chris,
    How about fog lights to upper outer edge of roo bar so they sit next to the headlights just below the air intake. Will look like they are just 'peeping' over the edge of the spare.
    Cheers

18. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

One of the problems in a T3 fitted with a engine conversion and a bed and drawer unit covering the engine hatch, checking fluids and topping up if needed can be a PITA especially if its raining so a while back I fitted a LED floodlight in the engine bay and wired into the reverse light circuit so I could see the two coolant bottles while looking through the open number plate flap
    Remote Oil & Coolant Top Up (1) R.jpg Remote Oil & Coolant Top Up (2) R2.jpg

Syncro27 likes this.
  19. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

The problem is that there is too much engine in there :)

Syncro27 likes this.
  20. chris taylor

Hi Dave funny you should pick that spot as it is the only place i can put them , went over to steel shop and bought two metres of flat 2mil x 4cm steel and will make the brackets tomoz and fit them to the roo bar then rewire it all, that should me busy for the day.They will be above the spare but off to the side so the tyre will not interfere with there operation {i hope } and as well they should look good .

David H likes this.