1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your Kombi today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BrianK, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Vwbus guy

Vwbus guy Active Member

2. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Paladin went to the Podiatrist yesterday and got his feet to face in the right direction. :D
    Wheel Align R.jpg
    Wheel Align002.jpg

KahunaKombi, BrianK, Syncro27 and 5 others like this.
  3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Bit flash for a country van .
    Thought you may have used the travelling farrier ;)

4. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Nah Col, No horses left up this way, took up origami just to keep this hand in. :eek:

cbus likes this.
  5. T1 Terry

T1 Terry Well-Known Member

Saving up the beer bottles to cash them in and get enough money to start the resto part. Then the electrification can start and I can post something interesting on here
    Truth be known, the problem was probably to do with normally driving the Prius through that part of the country. the regen on that in braking mode is so good you never need to touch the brakes, virtually one pedal driving. By the time I realised I was going way too fast for the approaching corner because simply lifting the right foot had virtually no effect, the braking and gear grabbing was getting close to panic stage :lol:

T1 Terry

cbus likes this.
  6. Vwbus guy

Vwbus guy Active Member

Started making the bench seat for my 55 panelvan

7. Vwbus guy

Vwbus guy Active Member

8. Nozza

Nozza Well-Known Member

This may not be the ideal part of the forum to post these.
    You have your own thread going elsewhere.
    But valid stuff done, so feel free to ignore me

David H, cbus and tintop like this.
  9. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

But I can't see it in Camo wrap :confused::rolleyes:;)

10. Vwbus guy

Vwbus guy Active Member

This seems to be the only thread here on this site with any comments.
    So obviously I put my day to day work on my bus up in the thread which states what did you do to your kombi today.
    Obviously I seem to continue to frustrate a few people with my actions once again

11. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Yesterday while on my way to port Vincent I had what they call a microsleep.The consequences are very dramatic to say the least .
    Front bumper , door ,well every thing down the RH side now needs to be repaired as hitting fence post at 90klm an hour really does a fair amount of damage. For some reason I can't upload photos to the site.Keeps telling me (,error photos to large ) i have tried to reduce them but to no avail. Hthese micro sleeps are something that just happen no warnings at all , Apparently it's a combination of things that take place within ones body that creates this problem so if you have experienced these things would like to hear how you have dealt with it..
    Cheers

12. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Jeeze Chris.
    Not good mate.
    Glad it's no worse.
    Obviously some GP advice a good start .
    Hope it doesn't affect getting to bus stops.
    Cheers
    Col

Good job you know how to paint ;)

chris taylor likes this.
  13. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Nasty Chris.

Hope your all OK. Kombi Can be fixed - sometimes...

Its nearly happened to me too going down the Hawkesbury River Hill on the M1. Lucky there is a good truckie rest stop at the base of the hill - so I have a quick power nap after pulling over. Ten minutes sleep is perfect to keep you going the rest of the way.

chris taylor likes this.
  14. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Not good Chris. Given RHS damage it seems you've exited 'stage left' to find the fence. Only drive when you're on the top of your game;). I've tried driving a Kombi asleep & the outcome was worse (telepole) than your lucky escape. My mum experienced several of these 'micro sleeps' before she passed away. Took out 3 cars in 5 years. I truly 'feel for you' with the year you're having:(.
    Hang in there mate;).
    Not Cheers

15. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Not good to hear Chris hope you are Ok
    If you are aware of drowsiness a good rest is best.
    Fix kombi when you can,get better first.
    take care. regards Wayne

chris taylor likes this.
  16. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Oh Chris, that’s not good news mate. You’ve got us worried now. Glad you’re okay but as Col said, get to your GP. Please take care of yourself Chris, there’s lots of people here who care a great deal about you.

TeeBee and David H like this.
  17. drivesafe

drivesafe Active Member

Hi Chris and sorry to hear of you experience.

This is just a suggestion, but before you see a doctor, research your specific state’s vehicle licence regulations governing specific medical conditions.

I am not suggesting you don’t seek medical advice but be aware of licence requirements!

chris taylor likes this.
  18. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Chris, gee that's not good, I think we've all had a dose of the micro sleeps at sometime !
    Before I go for a extended drive I pack a thermos of tea and some cookies and stop for "smoko" at the first sign of the sleep devil.
    Vicroads is very quick to require a full medical for us older drivers if they hear of a problem.
    Get better mate ASAP.

19. chris taylor

20. chris taylor

Thanks guys and girls , the photos above tell the story,i am pleased to saY THAT MY HOME MADE BULL BAR STOOD THE TEST it took the brunt of the impact with just a cracked weld and abit of bend in the b?bar.but saved a whole lot damage to the front panel,The front door is actually stoved in but im sure i can pop it out , fingers xd
    yes ,a big wake up call, and Yes went to see my Doc yesterday at my Daughters surgery, gave me a full examination, and also going for a scan and blood test this morning which my daughter has arranged ,The Doc has assured me that although he told me not to drive now for 1 week is all going to be good , once again thanks to all for your comments ,this has really been a horrendous year i would rather forget, but thanks have to go to my Daughter and son in law,who without their support life would have been a whole lot harder ,but we are more than ever now more determined to make it to the B/stop 2020 .we WILL c u all there,
    regards and thanks Chris.