1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your Kombi today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BrianK, Feb 6, 2013.

1. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

I took it for a drive ,stopped at the pub for lunch ,cost ,,$20 ,then put some money in pokies..$20 , won some money which gave a total amount of, $ 38. Took the lot out n left. So lunch cost me $2 .i is happy.:D see does pay to go for a cruise in kombi ahh ha.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    KahunaKombi, Wattie, oldman and 5 others like this.
  2. wombatventures

wombatventures Well-Known Member

Your shout next weekend!;)

Wattie and chris taylor like this.
  3. chris taylor

Haha:D you funny fella.o_O:).

wombatventures, Wattie and oldman like this.
  4. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

LH door of the SC lines up perfectly with the opening and striker plate, but the RH door drops a little as it opens, and had to ride up the striker plate to close…..

CF01B269-CAED-42AD-BED1-96D64D3C6BAB.jpeg

Fully functioning, but just annoyed me. So out with the tools, and some micro adjustments at the hinges, and now it lines up, & closes as it should! :)

8878D8BC-20F8-4892-A637-48E6A9A7F284.jpeg

wombatventures, Barry, oldman and 2 others like this.
  5. T1 Terry

T1 Terry Well-Known Member

Trying to find out why Kombi will only run on LPG .... down to the point that the fuel pump and fuel cut solenoid aren't rattling or clunking when power is applied. Found the negative wire ran up to the relay for the heater fan ..... this was the part that fried the wiring resulting in the fried wire that ran to the starter ....... made a new negative contact for that and tried again .... still nothing ...... it's Friday and I feel a steak in a glass calling, so Kombi still runs on LPG ... till next time I get the urge to find out just what is wrong :lol:

T1 Terry

6. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Well, another one of those small tasks blew out considerably…..
    Last time I replaced the brake shoes, I forgot to order new handbrake lever pins and horseshoe clips.
    The other day, while reorganising my spares, I found a set that I’d ordered ages ago and thought I’d replace the bolts that I’d used last time……(it was a Mac Giver repair at the time………and it lasted !)
    Well, jacked the bus up and removed the drums to find chaos at the rear end :eek:
    It looks like I’d picked up a rock in the near side drum and scoured a groove in the drum and pretty much destroyed the shoes…..the off side had a slightly weeping wheel cylinder…….so much for a couple of hour’s work !
    I put it all back together and ordered parts…..thanks Kai for the awesome service…..and a very quick delivery:D
    So, two new wheel cylinders, a set of brake shoes and a pair of rear drums arrived yesterday, ready to rumble !
    Today was spent stripping down and reassembling the rear brake assemblies. The difference is astounding !
    I thought the brakes were pretty good before…..but now, holy moley ! ;)
    Very happy with the ( nearly a ) days work and I’m kind of wishing I’d replaced the backing plates as the adjustment holes are pretty flogged out…..now considering tacking a washer on the back to fix that…..
    For the very first time I was able to work in the shade, on a level surface and with all my tools set out on a bench.
    It made things sooooo easy and stress free compared to working on the road, in the sun with tools in the grass .
    Maybe I should’ve posted this the the What made me happy thread !
    Cheers,
    Mark

Mr Beckstar, MeMatt, melissa and 7 others like this.
  7. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

That's what I did on my DC Ute put washes on, as I seen on my SC ute they are buggered from adjustment and the stars adjusters are starting to seize up. The rubber plug that fits in the hole isn't affected by the washer.

melissa and oldman like this.
  8. bagman

bagman Well-Known Member

Today replaced the head light mesh covers , the others had lost their bling...
    571324FB-16D8-49CD-92AF-5F343DD73AC6.jpeg

melissa, oldman, Wayne murray and 2 others like this.
  9. chris taylor

Looks neat .i like it.

10. oldman

Did you tack the washers on Wayne ?….or bond them with a glue ?
    The reason I ask is that it’s a lot to set up for a couple of tack welds…….o_O
    Cheers,
    Mark

11. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

I tack welded them on in a couple of places before I had them painted, so they where off the car. It is bit more difficult to weld them on the car but can be done.
    Don't know what glue you would use, again there would be a glue out there that will hold well. Glue may be not as effective if the area is not flat if they been flogged . You know what you are dealing with.

oldman and Wiz like this.
  12. oldman

Cheers Wayne…….yes, I’ll be doing this repair on the bus…..might plan to do it at the same time as my first welding job as it will allow the welds to cool on the rust repairs, in between stitching.
    Cheers,
    Mark

13. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Fitted the rubber mats that go either side of the walkthrough in Josie. Looks good but didn't take any photos - it's just black rubber.

oldman, Wayne murray and bagman like this.
  14. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Checked all fluids,tyres, washers, lights, cranked up the fridge, packed a picnic lunch and headed 105 ks south to Lake Ouyan. :D
    The day, 30 deg, cloudless sky a bit windy............ MAGIC...........oh and kombi absolutely purred. :cool: Ouyan Lake Picnic.jpg

Attached Files:

15. chris taylor

She was happy to get out and stretch her legs ( or wheels ) .lol

16. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Good to see you out and about Geoff

oldman, Wattie and chris taylor like this.
  17. wombatventures

We're gunna miss you and Irene this weekend Wattie! :(

oldman and chris taylor like this.
  18. Kazz

Kazz Well-Known Member

Envious !!!

Wattie likes this.
  19. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Yeah very annoying Terry Sth Oz is our local playground , would be there if we could.
    Hope yo'all have a great day now. :cool:

BrianK and chris taylor like this.
  20. wombatventures

That stupid kink in the border needs to be kicked an extra hundred km east!;)

BrianK, Wattie and chris taylor like this.